What's new

Pakistan & China are building an SEZ in Azad Kashmir’s Gilgit-Baltistan, satellite images show

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Pakistan & China are building an SEZ in Azad Kashmir’s Gilgit-Baltistan, satellite images show
The Moqpondass SEZ in Gilgit is part of the CPEC, and began construction after Imran Khan’s visit to China in April 2019.
COL. VINAYAK BHAT (RETD) Updated: 27 August, 2019 11:17 am IST

bhatt-01-1-696x392.jpg

New Delhi: After ignoring India’s objections to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, Islamabad and Beijing are now in the process of setting up a Special Economic Zone in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Azad Kashmir.

Pakistan has long facilitated China’s forays into the Jammu and Kashmir region, ceding vast tracts of land in 1963 in the Shaksgam Valley, north of the Siachen Glacier. The Chinese built a road and military posts there in 2017.

ThePrint takes an exclusive look at the latest satellite imagery of the new SEZ, called Moqpondass.

bhatt-01.jpg

Feasibility, approval and agreements
Feasibility studies were carried out in May and June 2016. Satellite images of the time indicate vehicular movements and a helipad, possibly constructed to ferry VIPs.

bhatt-02.jpg

In May 2019, Pakistan’s Board of Investments (BoI) approved the fast-track development of nine SEZs, including Moqpondass, about 40 km from the city of Gilgit.

The agreement was reportedly signed between China and Pakistan during PM Imran Khan’s visit to Beijing in April 2019.

Construction
Construction began immediately after the signing of the agreement. Although the Pakistani government’s CPEC website says the area allotted is 250 acres, satellite imagery shows that the Chinese are utilising an area more than 750 acres.

The area occupied by the construction company consists of a storage area, a cement concrete production and mixer plant, and two crusher plants.

bhatt-03.jpg

The construction is in the early stages. Staff barracks are in typical hollow square shape. There are separate barracks, probably for Pakistani staff.

bhatt-04.jpg

The storage area is littered with steel reinforcing bars (rebars), and huge earth-moving equipment and vehicles.

The crushers and cement concrete plants are already operational and functioning efficiently.

bhatt-05.jpg

A small masjid has been constructed, possibly for the use of Pakistani staff.

https://theprint.in/world/pakistan-...ilgit-baltistan-satellite-images-show/282413/

The Moqpondass SEZ in Gilgit is part of the CPEC, and began construction after Imran Khan’s visit to China in April 2019.
COL. VINAYAK BHAT (RETD) Updated: 27 August, 2019 11:17 am IST

bhatt-01-1-696x392.jpg

New Delhi: After ignoring India’s objections to the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, Islamabad and Beijing are now in the process of setting up a Special Economic Zone in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Azad Kashmir.

Pakistan has long facilitated China’s forays into the Jammu and Kashmir region, ceding vast tracts of land in 1963 in the Shaksgam Valley, north of the Siachen Glacier. The Chinese built a road and military posts there in 2017.

ThePrint takes an exclusive look at the latest satellite imagery of the new SEZ, called Moqpondass.

bhatt-01.jpg

Feasibility, approval and agreements
Feasibility studies were carried out in May and June 2016. Satellite images of the time indicate vehicular movements and a helipad, possibly constructed to ferry VIPs.

bhatt-02.jpg

In May 2019, Pakistan’s Board of Investments (BoI) approved the fast-track development of nine SEZs, including Moqpondass, about 40 km from the city of Gilgit.

The agreement was reportedly signed between China and Pakistan during PM Imran Khan’s visit to Beijing in April 2019.

Construction
Construction began immediately after the signing of the agreement. Although the Pakistani government’s CPEC website says the area allotted is 250 acres, satellite imagery shows that the Chinese are utilising an area more than 750 acres.

The area occupied by the construction company consists of a storage area, a cement concrete production and mixer plant, and two crusher plants.

bhatt-03.jpg

The construction is in the early stages. Staff barracks are in typical hollow square shape. There are separate barracks, probably for Pakistani staff.

bhatt-04.jpg

The storage area is littered with steel reinforcing bars (rebars), and huge earth-moving equipment and vehicles.

The crushers and cement concrete plants are already operational and functioning efficiently.

bhatt-05.jpg

A small masjid has been constructed, possibly for the use of Pakistani staff.

https://theprint.in/world/pakistan-...ilgit-baltistan-satellite-images-show/282413/
Azad Kashmir's Gilgit Baltistan? Since when Gilgit Baltistan belongs to Azad Kashmir?

Looks like the Indian Government is holding true to its word and shifting the focus from our Kashmir to the land across the LOC.
I’d say hold the chest thumping for a while for you may be in for a surprise.

They will make a movie.
put an item song in it.
And masturbate.
while they have captured india and all our military is saying is they are ready for fkinf what and our govt is begging international community and talking peace!!

i hate to say it but india is dplaying her cards better than us and will eventually annex kashmir i am sure we will launch dha neelum valley very soon!

Looks like the Indian Government is holding true to its word and shifting the focus from our Kashmir to the land across the LOC.
aissay chotia barri batain kar rahay hain ab ya haal hogaya hai pissful Pakistan aur twitter ki fauj ki wajha say

One foot on our territory - and all hell will break loose. So I urge you (Indian Govt. not to even consider such an act.

while they have captured india and all our military is saying is they are ready for fkinf what and our govt is begging international community and talking peace!!

i hate to say it but india is dplaying her cards better than us and will eventually annex kashmir i am sure we will launch dha neelum valley very soon!

aissay chotia barri batain kar rahay hain ab ya haal hogaya hai pissful Pakistan aur twitter ki fauj ki wajha say
I reckon you’ve used a personal cuss against me on my comment on the topic being discussed in the thread.
You must be the most learned and respected man in your delusional world, Stay in it.

One foot on our territory - and all hell will break loose. So I urge you (Indian Govt. not to even consider such an act.
Sure i will try and pass on your warning to the Indian Govt.
Though i doubt thats ever going to happen, Both sides in the near future might accept status quo and make peace with it.

Remove curfew first from IOK and then we would talk :)
We would talk?
I dont see the Indian foreign ministry going crazy calling their pak counterparts and then complaining that no one ever reverts back.
Like a certain PM.
I don’t see India looking actively for a dialogue with Pakistan right now.

We would talk?
I dont see the Indian foreign ministry going crazy calling their pak counterparts and then complaining that no one ever reverts back.
Like a certain PM.
I don’t see India looking actively for a dialogue with Pakistan right now.

Pak PM also said that f*ck India. we won't talk to India. Guess you missed that part

As for we would talk means we would discuss more about your move of abrogating 370 once curfew is removed. Till then you can keep believing in lies of your government till reality would hit hard.

Pak PM also said that f*ck India. we won't talk to India. Guess you missed that part

As for we would talk means we would discuss more about your move of abrogating 370 once curfew is removed. Till then you can keep believing in lies of your government till reality would hit hard.
Only after feeling dejected like an ex probably haha.
Anyways you guys always have the truth fed to you so who am i to debate here.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom