What's new

Pakistan buys additional medium-range SAMs

We have long range SAMs since long time.
its just rumors nothing else

Classified Once India confirm S-400 order you may would see them in parades.
in your dreams sir

We already have equivalent Chinese system in service.
Which one? name me:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Not a secret in military circles Even HQ-16 inducted 2 or three years back now they are just purchasing additional batches with some ABM features.
bro wake up your fairy tales and dreams we have only HQ-2B Medium range SAM and that it:hitwall::crazy::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Last edited by a moderator:
its just rumors nothing else

bro wake up your fairy tales and dreams we have only HQ-2B Medium range SAM and that it:hitwall::crazy::blah::blah::blah::blah:

A few HQ-9 launchers are believed to have been tested in early 2013 and negotiations on import of several batteries have been ongoing since then. Visit the below mentioned thread for more.

Pakistan negotiating with China to purchase HQ-16 and HQ-9 SAM systems

Excellent, lets hope the deal is finalised soon.

IS PAKISTAN IN TALKS WITH CHINA FOR LONG-RANGE SAMS?

Dont we have F-Sola? You will break the hearts of all Sola fans here.

Su-30 is much better when it comes to air superiority. Plus, India has a very large Sukhoi fleet. Getting LRSAMs is inevitable.

Interesting.But LY-80 has a range of 45km, how will they counter India's Barak-8 SAM with a range of 90km?

A few HQ-9 launchers are believed to have been tested in early 2013 and negotiations on import of several batteries have been ongoing since then. Visit the below mentioned thread for more.
But sir he said that we had inducted HQ-9 long time ago and you said we have been negotiating it, i am just saying that it is just a rumors nothing else

why can't we have anti air missile vs anti anti air missile fight.:taz:
anti missile is not for intercept air to air missiles but build for ballistic missiles and cruise missile, name me one SAM of the world that can intercept air to air missile

We have 10 batteries of Spada SAM too. They are also medium range SAM's i guess.
Today's SAM ain't what they used to be in the past, with missile threat evolving, procurement of new defense systems started. Today, combination of a multilayer defense against multible threats - Drones, Aircrafts, Cruise Missiles and Missiles is the answer, with laser starting to take place at shorter ranges against low range missiles and mortars

Excellent news.

For those who are doubting if it is 6 launch vehicles or six systems, look at the total number of radars we have bought til date! The number clearly suggest that these are 6 SYSTEMS. Normally a HQ-16 battery consist of 4 launch vehicles, a radar and C&C vehicle.

This is a great purchase indeed.

Back
Top Bottom