What's new

Pakistan blocks NATO supplies

Anyone want the break relationship with US? Well no, Pakistan will continue to minimum relations with US and best interest of Pakistan.

:lol: Pakistan depend on US aids and economy. We will look forward to hear the outcomes and see how long NATO suspend ongoing.

This Envoy discussion I believe is very careful and wise thinking. The Shamsi Base and three weeks+ of NATO supplies are big steps.

may be u r right but they didnt highlight their weakness so openly until NATO and AMericans will do apology

the blocking of the supplies was a part of the reaction, sooner or later decision has to be made if Pakistan wants to be part of WoT or not so these supplies have to be resumed if we are to help US to get out of Afghanistan fast enough.

or on the other hand just break up the ties and prohibit any future movement and prepare for the confrontation
in the end its a political decision to respond with force or with diplomacy. There is no guarantee that Americans wont do it after the resumption of ties but one thing is for sure that they will have more reason and excuse to violate the borders and kill the tribal people and soldiers if there are hostilities. If you talk about international law or UN they will bring as many resolutions in their favour you want.

The point is made by a weaker party and this time even the deployment of air defence systems is announced to safeguard our soldiers from American attacks so next time our soldiers will have a fighting chance and Americans acknowledge that.

Time for open hostilities is gone now so after some negotiations these supplies shall open again. But when a similar attack is repeated then I think it will be a complete breakdown and hostilities at the sme level as Iran or North Korea that something Indians will really love and definitely will benefit Taliban lets see if we are prepared for the risks too.

There is a reason why Pakistan has come out so hard & making all the noises, it's not just about this incident itself. It's not just about the supply lines, it's about the larger picture. It's about changing the existing 'rules of engagement' between the US & Pakistan. Pakistan is starting to adapt a very different policy to what the US wants from Pakistan (which Pakistan has been following for at least 5-6 years now) in the region, & IK is being 'conditioned' to follow this new policy once he steps to the helm.

Says it all:

Pakistani diplomats serving in key world capitals have tried to calm down the government over its ‘kneejerk’ reaction to last month’s Nato airstrikes that killed two dozen troops.

Over two dozen ambassadors and high commissioners, who were called to the foreign ministry for urgent deliberations to review ties with the US, on Monday urged the government to immediately reopen supply routes for Nato forces, a participant told The Express Tribune.

The senior diplomats argued that the country’s foreign policy should be based on strategy, not sentiment. “We need to have a long-term relationship with the US,” said an official who asked not to be named. “The policy based on emotionalism is not the solution,” he added.

Saner minds will prevail, as I have maintained all along.

A 'kneejerk' reaction? Perhaps. However, the Pakistani government have no choice but to respond to the voters wishes if they want to get re-elected.

may be u r right but they didnt highlight their weakness so openly until NATO and AMericans will do apology

As you can see "after the ISI chief and the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff left the meeting, some of the envoys criticised the military’s assessment and approach to dealing with the current situation."

The envoy discussed their weakness, emotionals, and poor communications during NATO attacks. It is good thing some envoy willing to criticize military.

Apologize is not really important we waiting for...Honestly, I thought Pakistan can't do anything after 28 martyers. The most important is we gave enough harsh consquences on NATO and our immediate responses. (see my signatures example). US started to back off and silences.

I know, Pakistan can't afford to become more enemy with US and Afghanistan. It is same way we continue mutual relations with Afghanistan neighbors as well as US. Envoy participations including Foreign Minister, ISI, Army, others is good steps which never happened before.

Over two dozen ambassadors and high commissioners, who were called to the foreign ministry for urgent deliberations to review ties with the US, on Monday urged the government to immediately reopen supply routes for Nato forces, a participant told The Express Tribune.

They are just relaying the pressure from NATO's allies. That is to be expected and confirms that closure will impact NATO significantly.

Have a public record of each ambassador's stance on the issue and publish it in the media.

The sellouts and sycophants will peddle their servitude couched as 'pragmatism', but Pakistan must stay the course and hold firm on principle.

after some negotiations these supplies shall open again. But when a similar attack is repeated then I think it will be a complete breakdown and hostilities

We've been here before. Supplies were closed previously for ten days and reopened.

Absolutely nothing will change if Pakistan gives in yet again.

I don't think it's just about the supply lines, I think it's about a whole policy shift on Pakistan's part. Imran Khan will also be integral to this policy shift.

I don't think it's just about the supply lines, I think it's about a whole policy shift on Pakistan's part. Imran Khan will also be integral to this policy shift.

It needs to be an open debate with a public record of where each politician stands. It is showdown between the short-term sellouts and sycophants on the one side, and the long term strategists on the other.

India and Iran make it clear they will not compromise on their principles. Even tiny New Zealand refused docking permission to US vessels carrying nuclear weapons. Either Pakistan takes a stand on principle, or it will reaffirm its image as a pushover and a country for sale.

. Even tiny New Zealand refused docking permission to US vessels carrying nuclear weapons. Either Pakistan takes a stand on principle, or it will reaffirm its image as a pushover and a country for sale.

Thanks for the recognition however NZ had the luxury of being remote. Military descions cant be made by public aclaim they need to be made based on what is in the long term interest of Pakistan and that some times wont be what the loudest voices or biggest rallies are asking.

A staged organised hand over and withdrawl of Nato troops is at least in my belief the best option. For that to happen as planned the supplies need to roll. That short term unpalatable choices are made for the long term benefit of Pakistan doesnt make some one a lackey or sycopant.

Thanks for the recognition however NZ had the luxury of being remote. Military descions cant be made by public aclaim they need to be made based on what is in the long term interest of Pakistan and that some times wont be what the loudest voices or biggest rallies are asking.

A staged organised hand over and withdrawl of Nato troops is at least in my belief the best option. For that to happen as planned the supplies need to roll. That short term unpalatable choices are made for the long term benefit of Pakistan doesnt make some one a lackey or sycopant.

The current NATO presence in Afghanistan has no relevance to the original 2001 UN mandate. The operation now is just a cover for continued US military presence in the region. The US objectives are completely counter to Pakistani interests, not just in terms of repercussions, but as a direct goal.

There are no Pakistani interests to be served by facilitating continued US presence in the region. None.

It needs to be an open debate with a public record of where each politician stands. It is showdown between the short-term sellouts and sycophants on the one side, and the long term strategists on the other.

India and Iran make it clear they will not compromise on their principles. Even tiny New Zealand refused docking permission to US vessels carrying nuclear weapons. Either Pakistan takes a stand on principle, or it will reaffirm its image as a pushover and a country for sale.

I think we all know exactly where the PPP (& PML-N) stand. There were rumors of Imran Khan being 'lobbied' for with the support of the Pakistan military. With the Pakistan Military taking fundamentally different positions from the PPP (& PML-N), the rumors do not seem to be very unfounded. As long as the PPP is in power, we cannot expect them for a fundamental change in the course of events that have been plaguing Pakistan, so we will have to wait for the next regime & hope it's Imran Khan.

As long as the PPP is in power, we cannot expect them for a fundamental change in the course of events that have been plaguing Pakistan, so we will have to wait for the next regime & hope it's Imran Khan.

Does Pakistan's Constitution allow for impeachment?

If these sellouts commit treason by opening the routes, that should be cause to start impeachment proceedings.

As I see it, Pakistani politicians, army & whoever is running the government are smart guys...first when the soldiers were shot by the NATO heli, their reputation (which was on a downslide since sometime) had reached rock bottom among the Pakistani public. So to garner some sort of a face here they started issuing statements like "we will shoot down anything that violates our airspace" etc.
Now that done, they have to get back on track for their 'business as usual' on WOT. And for that they needed some 'fall guys' and who is better for that than these diplomats (the people who are junior to the guys who run the government)? It is like the government is keeping the gun on the diplomats' shoulders & shooting...

Back
Top Bottom