What's new

Pakistan bans onion export to India through land route

Allow walmarts chains into india to get rid of middleman.

That's actually the correct prescription. We need global retail chains to reduce the impact of middlemen & hoarding that occurs frequently. No wonder, it is they who stridently oppose Wall-mart's entry.

And then who can compete with their walmarting in the local area where they make the other small time players go out of buisness by reducing prices to the level of loss.

That was actually what everyone said when Metro set up shop in Bangalore. Not any more.

Dilli billies want everything cheap from petrol to electricity to water.:rofl:

na i dont want water cheaper. Its already free :agree:
would not like someone to pay me for having water. does not look good na:pop:

but if i am not wrong that there was some report which said that for evey wallmart employee there will be 4 employed people because of them. And then who can compete with their walmarting in the local area where they make the other small time players go out of buisness by reducing prices to the level of loss.
There are pros and cons of everything.on one hand customers will get goods cheap.on other hand they gonna kill all roadside kirana store.Its again depends on govt. how it regulates the retail chains.

time to open onion shop and get it from azadpur mandi..... who wants to be my partner. or we can ask pakistani members from sea and then can open onion chain with the name "PDF sabji mandi"

walmart already has tie p with bharti, but they cant enter here because retail market is big, but indian tiger wont allow them to enter here. its a tough tough place, the whole doctrine is diffrent compare to united states.

we need many more big store selling veggies,

these rehadi wale bhaiya - you ask bhai - ye seb ( apple ) kaise diye -

ek so pachs rupee kilo ( amreekeen seeb hain bhai saab ) aur yeh desi - 80 rupey.

and then u see even the most american seb are just desi with this lame sticky on it.

hey i just purchased onion for 70 rs per kg..... damn got tears without actually chopping them. just with the price tag.....:cry:

If gov does not do anything i am going to turn carnivorous again....
2009-06-25-satanic-carnivorous-bunny.png
:mps:
welcome back divya.
i was missing your attitude. lol

There are pros and cons of everything.on one hand customers will get goods cheap.on other hand they gonna kill all roadside kirana store.Its again depends on govt. how it regulates the retail chains.

yups and these roadside kirana store feed a ample amount of population at the same time. So i think the time is not right to allow them enter india. let the local retail marts like reliance establish themselves first and then we can barge them in. In the mean time the gradual trend will make these kirana stores to be moved away slowly

Inflation jumps to 18.32% owing to rising onion, vegetables prices

:​
blink::blink:

Soaring onion and other vegetables' prices led to a sharp rise in inflation at 18.32% for the week ended December 25, a development that may prompt the Reserve Bank to tighten monetary policy to check further escalation in commodity costs.

Food inflation jumped up by 3.88 percentage points from 14.44% recorded in the previous reporting week, and edged closer to the high level of 19.90%, last witnessed a year ago.

The rise in food inflation has been mainly on account of 58.58% rise in prices of vegetables in the wholesale market.

Among the individual items, onion became dearer by 82.47% on annual basis, while egg, meat and fish became costlier by 20.83%, fruits by 19.99% and milk by 19.59%.

The data further reveals that onion prices during the one week period ending December 25, rose by 23.01% in the wholesale market.

With food inflation accelerating, RBI may take more measures in its forthcoming quarterly review of the monetary policy on January 25.

The central bank during 2010 had raised short-term key policy rates six times to tame inflation.

Meanwhile, in the non-food category, the prices of fibres and minerals have climbed by 35.53% and 30.58%, respectively.

Rising food prices will reflect on the monthly inflation data for December, scheduled for announcement on January 14.

The overall inflation in November had come down to 7.75% from 8.58% a month ago.

Inflation jumps to 18.32% owing to rising onion, vegetables prices - Money - DNA

time to open onion shop and get it from azadpur mandi..... who wants to be my partner. or we can ask pakistani members from sea and then can open onion chain with the name "PDF sabji mandi"

No way dude, looking at the price of real esate o shop, lets get a rehadi cart.

i can be your home delivery boy, 30 minute or free, :cheesy:

one good business can be onion fregrance for high end rich people, he hee he you can spray it if you wanna get noticed amoung who's who of delhi.

and for those candle lit dinner - just spray it - wisskk wsiskkkk!!!:bunny:

No way dude, looking at the price of real esate o shop, lets get a rehadi cart.

i can be your home delivery boy, 30 minute or free, :cheesy:

one good business can be onion fregrance for high end rich people, he hee he you can spray it if you wanna get noticed amoung who's who of delhi.

and for those candle lit dinner - just spray it - wisskk wsiskkkk!!!:bunny:

yups rehadi cart would be good. i can be a good biz woman ask Spark he knows how good i will make as airforce chief and army chief....:undecided:

yups rehadi cart would be good. i can be a good biz woman ask Spark he knows how good i will make as airforce chief and army chief....:undecided:

the best part is the veggie look so shiney, at mandi and safal store same veggie look- so bloody sukki like - digvijay singh's face.

they realy do give some mallu oil massage to them.

-----oh so u are a women - we will name you bhin-di aunti, -- wil lsuit our profession, i will be cutting chai you home delivery chamcha---:victory:

Last edited:
Onion prices are very high now after the exporters export all of the Onions to India ... Why don't they ban it before ?

Back
Top Bottom