What's new

Pakistan attack: Deadly raid on Peshawar power plant

It was just a mob attack (I think) who stormed the grid station in retaliation of extreme load shedding... and we know how our media reporting is - making mirch masal out of nothing.

You sure...? pretty much every source saying that it was a militant attack and RPG's were also fired.

what will be purpose of attaking power plant

Because Power generating stations or substations are strategic targets of any kind of enemy(just like dams,radio stations etc).Why power stations or grid stations are important because if you can hamper the supply you can stop the industrial production which could be a disaster in war like scenario.

It was just a mob attack (I think) who stormed the grid station in retaliation of extreme load shedding... and we know how our media reporting is - making mirch masal out of nothing.

It's not just "your" media, even reputed international media reported it as a terrorist raid by "gunmen armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades". Unless angry mobs in Pakistan carry mortars and RPGs these days...

Gunmen launch deadly raid on Pakistan power station - PAKISTAN - FRANCE 24

BBC News - Pakistan attack: Deadly raid on Peshawar power plant

Why are some Pakistanis replying to Indian troll post. Even though they may not say anything, we know they are gloating.

But heyy, why do we care about that? When our country is burning in flames, we shouldn't be in denial. I say it's about time we go in, we go hard and get rid of this weed from roots.

You sure...? pretty much every source saying that it was a militant attack and RPG's were also fired.

One cannot damage the grid station with AK-47s... and getting hold onto RPGs and Grenades in Tribal Areas is nothing new... and of course this kind of incident would fall under terrorists category and TTP is the one to get blamed or take responsibility as usual.

It's not just "your" media, even reputed international media reported it as a terrorist raid by "gunmen armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades". Unless angry mobs in Pakistan carry mortars and RPGs these days...

Gunmen launch deadly raid on Pakistan power station - PAKISTAN - FRANCE 24

BBC News - Pakistan attack: Deadly raid on Peshawar power plant

Tumhari Soch Hay... Kabhi Aao Na Peshawar Khushbo Lagakay.

It wasnt a power plant as reported in the news article it was a grid station.....
A news report on TV showed soe burnt cars and said it was a rocket attack,and reported some deaths......

So no was killed?? No one taken hostage? SO I have this wrong?

Brazen attack: Militants kidnap 4 officers of Peshawar grid station, kill 7 others
By Riaz Ahmed
Published: April 2, 2013
l

Militants attacked the Sheikh Muhammadi grid station on the outskirt of Peshawar.

PESHAWAR: Militants attacked the Sheikh Muhammadi grid station on the outskirts of Peshawar on Monday night, killing two people at the spot and kidnapping nine others.

Out of the nine people kidnapped, the militants killed three policemen and two security guards on Tuesday while the four others, who were officers at the grid station, remained in their custody. The four officers were SDO Fahim Khan, STO Shoaib Rabbani, SOS Faisal Bari and SSO Zeeshan.

The militants fired at least 15 rockets at the grid station from the Sheikh Muhammadi village. They entered the building, held the staff and police guards hostage and planted several remote-controlled bombs inside the grid station.

The attack damaged the grid station, resulting in disruption of power supply to several parts of the city and areas in the tribal belt.

Due to the powerful explosion, fire erupted inside the grid station engulfing the machinery and transformers. The control room of the grid was completely destroyed.

“I could see the towers and transformers on fire and we have found two bodies so far but it is a vast area and due to darkness we are facing difficulty in searching for dead and injured,” an activist of the Masho Gagar Aman Lashker Mukamal Shah said while talking to The Express Tribune.

He further said that militants fired multiple rockets at the grid from a distance first and then entered it.

The fire fighters reached the area and tried to control the fire but their efforts went in vain.

Police started a search operation around the grid but the militants had escaped by then, an official of the Badabher police station told The Express Tribune. He further said that local people rushed to the site and helped police in the rescue operation.

“Few people are still missing and we are looking for them,” the official said. Boundary wall of the grid station also collapsed and the barbed wires had been found cut, he further added.

“We have found two caps of policemen but they are not there which means that either they have escaped or have been kidnapped by the militants,” he said.

Some of the bombs did not explode and Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) was called in to defuse them.

Never seen SUCH A STUPID people who making life miserable of their own people . Gues who is suffering, people of Peshwar. Gues who they are cursing. STUPID TALIBOZO ....What a damn stupid people. Wonder why Quran say , get education till the end of you life.

WOW... denial mode ki bhi had hoti hai.

Sitting in home and speculating it was a "mob attack" is foolish.All news reports says it was an armed terrorist attack.

I will type another line condemning the Taliban here but whats the use. These people are beyond reason, they are attacking their own infrastructure and destroying their own house. I hope the languish for eternity for the crimes the have committed against us Pakistanis.

WOW... denial mode ki bhi had hoti hai.

Sitting in home and speculating it was a "mob attack" is foolish.All news reports says it was an armed terrorist attack.

Idiot. He is from Peshawer. Media reporting is not always 100% correct.

I will type another line condemning the Taliban here but whats the use. These people are beyond reason, they are attacking their own infrastructure and destroying their own house. I hope the languish for eternity for the crimes the have committed against us Pakistanis.

The general public through out pakistan is worse than talibans when it comes to damaging properties and infrastructure of their own country. Whenever there are protests, people attack and break governament properties and structures...

Idiot. He is from Peshawer. Media reporting is not always 100% correct.

The general public through out pakistan is worse than talibans when it comes to damaging properties and infrastructure of their own country. Whenever there are protests, people attack and break governament properties and structures...

He is from Peshawar so what? Was he present at the crime scene to be so sure to call it a "mob attack"? A mob having those kinda weapons which terrorists have??? :no:

One cannot damage the grid station with AK-47s... and getting hold onto RPGs and Grenades in Tribal Areas is nothing new... and of course this kind of incident would fall under terrorists category and TTP is the one to get blamed or take responsibility as usual.

Tumhari Soch Hay... Kabhi Aao Na Peshawar Khushbo Lagakay.

plausible...specially when the area is only 30 KM from Darra Adam Khel and a highway drive is only half hour....

If this true, I can't understand people getting killed and kidnapped part.

Talibans usually accept responsibility for attacks, in this case we dont know who exactly are responsible...i dont think that any mob has attacked as a protest for loadshedding, may be some criminals have done it for what ever reasons....kidnappings for ransom are common in tribal areas, may be some thing went wrong in the process...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom