What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Most of Sindh isn't tankable as the desert there has very fine grain sand that doesn't allow meaningful mobility. I learned this from @PanzerKiel back in 2012

This is why I want to see Rooikat types in PA. At least test them in the desert! See if this works. Has anyone tried hovercrafts in Siachin? That's another pet peeve of mine.

Consider it a protest why I cannot criticize this man. His supporters gave me an incredible number of negative ratings and got me banned. What an evil man and they compare him to Jinnah. PDF cannot accept such a comparison. If you do accept him as a Jinnah equivalent, then you should be okay with such a quote.

If not - then allow us to criticize him! He hated Muslims and Islam. How can we turn him into a holy cow that is above criticism!

Hovercrafts ins siachin??
What are they gonna do jump over crevices, glaciers aren't plain as you think but are very rough in terrain with huge "ice hills"

One department where vt-4 doesnt disappoint - the eye candy!!

bdc5-isqivxf7570542.jpg

c93a-isqivxf7570507.jpg

8bb4-isqivxf7570494.jpg

4e97-isqivxf7570481.jpg

PS: I see a few "specific" changes in the interior compared to the Thai versions. The stabilizer, BMS, looks different, so does that monstrous FCS screen (first pic).

looks much more advanced than T80UD FCS.. and BMS seems much much better than T80UDs as well ... is this what Pakistan is testing..
between i love T80uds, rode in them couple of times within the Unit of pakistan army .. got lucky as my brother was the CO of the unit :)

Pakistan Armed Forces like to keep their true numbers close to their chest...I've always maintained that Pakistan Army is not 700,000 in strength, its probably a million or more. It's impossible to conduct such massive operations against terrorist while keeping the indian army im check on the loc & ib...but the official army size has always been stated as 700,000.
You counting 300,000+ para military force which did the bulk of ops and had most losses..

You counting 300,000+ para military force which did the bulk of ops and had most losses..
I'm well aware of 300,000 paramilitary forces & I did NOT include them in the 1 million ARMY size. If I wanted to include the paramilitary forces, I would've said so, I said ARMY ONLY for a reason.

It's hard to find but does anyone have an idea of ammunition storage and layout within the VT4? Is it stored in protected compartments?

For Chinese PLAGF latest tanks (ZTZ15 Light Tanks and ZTZ99A MBT) their ammo are stored in Protected Turret Bustle located in their Rear Turret.

Because VT-4 MBT developed from 2010 onwards, I bet they will have same Auto-loader System.

ZTZ15 Light Tanks
images (10).jpeg

images (9).jpeg

EBC6DIwU0AAtwcA.jpg

ZTZ99A MBT
49027137738_baace5937a_k.jpg

Screenshot_20200428-121545_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200428-173631_Gallery.jpg

This is the footage video of their Auto-loader System in Action (with their Ammo come from Protected Turret Bustle located in Rear part of their Turret)

copy link below (delete '*')
https://gfy*cat.com/fatwar*mgangesdolphin

Last edited:
For those who say VT-4 is better than Al- Khalid Tank need to change their thoughts again:

The VT-4 is China’s premier export tank, built on technology and designs behind the earlier Al-Khalid tank that was built with cooperation from Pakistan and Ukraine

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/china-selling-its-new-ztz-99-tank-anyone-buying-84876

The VT-4’s roots are in the Al-Khalid tank developed in the 1990s. The Al-Khalid tank was largely built with mostly Chinese and Pakistani technology, but a sore spot for the Chinese designers was their lack of ability to provide a power plant for the tank. The engines for the tank had to be sourced from Germany or Ukraine. Ukraine ended up providing the production run for the Al-Khalid tank. As a result, the VT-4 program’s primary objective when it began in 2009 was to build an indigenous power plant for future domestic and export tanks. Due to the success of this engine development program, many VT-4 marketing materials tout the reliability and performance of its engine.

While the capabilities of the VT-4 are not revolutionary in any way (unlike some claims from Norinco), it is a solid tank for its price, that will likely have good support from the manufacturing base in China. Survivability wise, it has the same potential issues of the T-72 and T-90 series due to the same ammo layout. While the gun performance is unlikely to be on the same level as the latest American, Chinese or Russian guns, due to being based on last-generation round technology, it should be enough to counter most armored threats that aren’t top tier. As such, the VT-4 is likely to be a popular export to nations without the budget or political connections to Russia, Europe or the United States, as a “good enough” tank. Then again, similar things were said about the Stingray light tank, for which the Royal Thai Army is also the only user.

These issues have all been solved and the article is old. Most of it is conjecture and the version Pakistan will be getting is far superior in terms of armour and battlefield management systems than the current export model. The VT-4 is superior to anything the army fields.

Another misinfo. Worst is trying to use a nationalist website as source. This website spread alot of mis info about Chinese military tech. Just eat the humble and accept VT-4 is better than Al Khalid and PA needs it. I am sure the top brass at PA knows better than you.

The site is complete utter rubbish. A fair few neutral writers have said the tank is excellent and Pakistan's model is better than the version for export.

Last edited:
@PanzerKiel bro, I gotta ask since you implied that the VT4 engine either malfunctioned or broke down during trials in the deserts...HOW HARD DID YOU GUYS PUSH THIS BEAST???o_O

Back
Top Bottom