What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

AK/AK-1 are also employed by the mechanized brigade (of an inf div) and 10 IABG (31 Corps).

What works good around the paddy fields - from May-Sep?

nothing works good : ) your best bet is M113 but even that... but I'm no expert. The expert can tell you : )

Being from Bangladesh, paddy fields and rainy seasons are something I think of a bit more. Best bet is to stay on the road network, which again means wheeled tanks.

nothing works good : ) your best bet is M113 but even that... but I'm no expert. The expert can tell you : )

Being from Bangladesh, paddy fields and rainy seasons are something I think of a bit more. Best bet is to stay on the road network, which again means wheeled tanks.
wht u think of movie extraction
seems like thor and that indian ex special force guy killed half bangla army
lol

wht u think of movie extraction
seems like thor and that indian ex special force guy killed half bangla army
lol

I don't watch dumb bollywood cr@p lol

Bangladesh is losing its army. Indians are everywhere. They have infiltrated our army. They send our army officers to India and some come back and started a swinger's club. It's not the fighting force it once was but there is always hope.

You'll never see me participate in the BD section of defence.pk. I actually work sometimes in defense contracting here and know the ugly side. I've been an arms dealer ;)

I don't watch dumb bollywood cr@p lol

Bangladesh is losing its army. Indians are everywhere. They have infiltrated our army. They send our army officers to India and some come back and started a swinger's club. It's not the fighting force it once was but there is always hope.

You'll never see me participate in the BD section of defence.pk. I actually work sometimes in defense contracting here and know the ugly side. I've been an arms dealer ;)
that is great
atleast u have the vision to sew the reality unlike many people who r high on indian propoganda
i always feel a connect with bangladesh.
i wish one day we would atleast be back together on very friendly terms.
we born together after all.
india is a curse

Consider it a protest why I cannot criticize this man. His supporters gave me an incredible number of negative ratings and got me banned. What an evil man and they compare him to Jinnah. PDF cannot accept such a comparison. If you do accept him as a Jinnah equivalent, then you should be okay with such a quote.

If not - then allow us to criticize him! He hated Muslims and Islam. How can we turn him into a holy cow that is above criticism!
The signature isn’t acceptable and I’ve sent you a PM asking you to remove it, which you’ve ignored apparently.

They send our army officers to India and some come back and started a swinger's club.
Interesting you mention that. I’m familiar with at least one account from a few years ago when the Defence attaché (or maybe it was a visiting military official, my memory is hazy on it now) at the Bangladesh embassy in Islamabad approached the wife of a Pakistani individual he was friends with a ‘swinger’ proposal.

Anyway, back to the subject.

The signature isn’t acceptable and I’ve sent you a PM asking you to remove it, which you’ve ignored apparently.

Interesting you mention that. I’m familiar with at least one account from a few years ago when the Defence attaché (or maybe it was a visiting military official, my memory is hazy on it now) at the Bangladesh embassy in Islamabad approached the wife of a Pakistani individual he was friends with a ‘swinger’ proposal.

Anyway, back to the subject.

Interesting. Perhaps not the right thread for a discussion about it. I think you'll find the signature now to your requirements. I've a few more stories to share but don't want to hijack this thread.

@PanzerKiel @Dazzler
As far as I remember, there was once noise of Al Haider tank project within Army. Should we call Pakistan specific version of VT4 - with 1500HP engine, FY4 ERA, latest FCS - as Al Haider tank?
Honestly, I see VT4 going into 6th AD and the AZs will be put into use further to replace T59/69.

@PanzerKiel @Dazzler
As far as I remember, there was once noise of Al Haider tank project within Army. Should we call Pakistan specific version of VT4 - with 1500HP engine, FY4 ERA, latest FCS - as Al Haider tank?
Honestly, I see VT4 going into 6th AD and the AZs will be put into use further to replace T59/69.

I would wait for confirmation.

So now we have a number of different tiers of capabilities:

Tier 1: VT-4 "Al Haider"
Tier 2: Al Khalid / Al Khalid I / T-80UD
Tier 3: Type 85 / Al Zarrar
Tier 4: Type 59 / Type 69

Ultimately this will become:

Tier 1: VT-4 "Al Haider" / Al Khalid II

If the engine and thermals on the VT-4 are good enough, this is great news for the AK II program - they will be better and yet cheaper as Chinese thermals are surely cheaper than French ones, while the engine is 1500cc and yet would be cheaper than a Ukrainian one.

This also opens the gates to all kinds of sub-components of the VT-4 to be installed in the AK II. Like the ERA which, from the PDF Chinese posters, are not the ones given to Thailand but the ones from the T-99 program. The engine is also probably from the T-99 program.

Last edited:
So now we have a number of different tiers of capabilities:

Tier 1: VT-4 "Al Haider"
Tier 4: Type 59 / Type 69

Ultimately this will become:

Tier 1: VT-4 "Al Haider" / Al Khalid II

If the engine and thermals on the VT-4 are good enough, this is great news for the AK II program - they will be better and yet cheaper as Chinese thermals are surely cheaper than French ones, while the engine is 1500cc and yet would be cheaper than a Ukrainian one.

This also opens the gates to all kinds of sub-components of the VT-4 to be installed in the AK II. Like the ERA which, from the PDF Chinese posters, are not the ones given to Thailand but the ones from the T-99 program. The engine is also probably from the T-99 program.
Type 99A is equipped with FY5 ERA.

Last edited:
If rumor is true, Pakistan stole a march on the Indians. While people like myself were busy screaming there is not enough tanks, etc, PA quietly built more AKs than advertised, while now we see VT-4s coming in. Pakistani armor is back in the game.

Back
Top Bottom