What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Emotional? I see more emotional display by you all when the news broke out with continue denial of the selection of this tank and its merit.
It is tiring to argue with you.

You have any idea how BIG this news is if it is true ? Given the numbers, It is almost unbelievable for any of us so that is why Sources and sources are required, The quotations, How to prove this news right and wrong.

You just don’t simply eat up any news that gets thrown at ones face, Idiots do that.

Intellectuals dig in and try to verify it first.

You have no idea how media works, I have.

The man perhaps means a Maoist revolution. Who knows?

Red.

Their preferred colour is red.
Red is for TTA Vice Chairman like Slav Defence, Like I said, About time he recieved a Pink stamp

Am sure you don't what happened to VT4 engine during its trial in the desert. You'll be surprised.

I don't comment on your posts, Sir, but the same thing, I suspect, as happened to Russian tanks on trials in the desert in India. They just couldn't handle the dust; there was no effect filtration, and engine life was unpredictable. Sorry for butting in.

Recovering rapidly. I was depressed the first month, but the second month has been very encouraging. Thank you so much for asking.
Mind is the ultimate tool of a human, Use it positively and You can fight through anything, Yea, The prescribed rests do bother a lot, But then, Optimism plays the better part at curing oneself

VT-4 is more expensive than T-84.

I suspect the Pakistanis are looking at total cost of ownership, as well as strategic issues such as availability of spares, possibility of indigenising production of frequently used spares, possibility of major life-cycle overhaul, replacement of engine or ordnance at a future date, addition of sensors, addition of protective armour, and such things as well as the one-time purchase price.

Consider also that the subsequent purchases will cost less (to the buyer's accountants) than the first; the first purchase also has to set up infrastructure for maintenance and spares storage, logistics, re-training technicians, re-training operators, and the like.

I suspect the Pakistanis are looking at total cost of ownership, as well as strategic issues such as availability of spares, possibility of indigenising production of frequently used spares, possibility of major life-cycle overhaul, replacement of engine or ordnance at a future date, addition of sensors, addition of protective armour, and such things as well as the one-time purchase price.

Consider also that the subsequent purchases will cost less (to the buyer's accountants) than the first; the first purchase also has to set up infrastructure for maintenance and spares storage, logistics, re-training technicians, re-training operators, and the like.
Nope pakistan is looking for total time to procure. Time to procure VT4 is faster than T80s.. the electronics on the harware is going to br hybrid

Am sure you don't what happened to VT4 engine during its trial in the desert. You'll be surprised.
Oplot was dropped as Ukrainians we’re told to bring the Oplot back again for trials with improvements after some major short comings were observed during the Field Trials. The Ukrainians didn’t respond back again while Vt-4 came back again for trials with the improvements desired and in the field surpassed all benchmarks.

Exactly Sir. Key board warriors get emotional and start throwing fits on PDF. We can go on lengths discussing fancy toys but the reality on ground is really different.
.. and you are actually an insider, right? you'll probably need more than one ID here in order to keep your super insider status secret

Last edited:
@PanzerKiel Sir is VT-4 selected? If yes than what about the TOT? Also which tanks would it replace?

Dear, lets wait for the news to come out. I dont have any sources but only first hand experience of trials of Oplot and VT4.....and their problems as well. Cant hyperlink my eyes(what they saw) and my brain (what i know). Best choice for me is then to wait myself.

I hope the news to be true. The army faces a precarious position with force numbers against the IA who have integrated the improved T-90M well and built up sizeable force numbers, I haven't even gone into the T-90S orders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom