What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

News most likely is true. Yes we are getting VT 4 tanks and we have Al Khalid but we need a new Tank to replace lot of old tanks which we have. Not all old tanks can be upgraded.
Everything cannot be upgraded.. in fact if every system has to be upgraded, then it is often cost effective to buy a newer system which is future proof as well.

Yes, tanks are a very long usage item not a disposable asset like these news are making it out to be; you dont buy them like chewing gum :)
Indian media is bad at hyper ventilating hot air and bogus claims.
Old tanks can be used for many other activities like chasis for self propelled guns, air defence system, anti-tank system and even use for
Only thing confirmed about VT-4 from Pakistani sources is that it came for retrials and as per some in that retrial it performed satisfactorily to the standards of Pakistan Army

On the other hand there is no report about the coming of Oplat tank again to Pakistan for retrials which along VT-4 failed during the first trials
I think if VT4 succeeded in trails the second time and performed as per expectations then I think going with Chinese option has some economic reasons as well.

I think if VT4 succeeded in trails the second time and performed as per expectations then I think going with Chinese option has some economic reasons as well.
Yaap during first trials both Oplet and VT-4 failed, during second trials VT-4 came with improvement which @Dazzler reported at this forum, I think he could mention those here asmgain.

Now I remember only two things
1- Engine which was main issue during the first trial and
2- Some improvement in Fire control system

Yaap during first trials both Oplet and VT-4 failed, during second trials VT-4 came with improvement which @Dazzler reported at this forum, I think could mention those here as well,now I remember only two things
1- Engine which was main issue during the first trial and
2- Some improvement in Fire control system
I think the evaluation process of PA is very rigorous and many good systems fail to meet the very stringent requirements for example the Thar desert is a very harsh for any engine.. It is warm and dry with a lots of sand to traverse on.. and hence engines cease and then on other side we complex terrain of Kashmir.
However, the good aspect of Chinese is that they listen to the feedback and try to improve the product. That was the with SH-15 as well

Pakistan has a severe critical armour shortage v India which needs to be addressed before anything else. Indian strategy relies on fast armoured strikes and the only thing stopping that are formations opposing them. No way can the PAF deliver enough damage to curb such movement and yet fight off the IAF.

Last edited:
Once you have landed then what? Do you not realise the complexity of maintaining a supply line whilst being bombarded with every the Indians have got?

I hope so for Pakistan's sake.

We need to plan for the worst case not fantasise and gloat of the positive possible outcomes. It should be full panic stations , alarm bells ringing and we should be aiming for JF18 or J20s.

Yes, it's for taking fire power to the enemy at (relatively) close range and at speed.
I think the evaluation process of PA is very rigorous and many good systems fail to meet the very stringent requirements for example the Thar desert is a very harsh for any engine.. It is warm and dry with a lots of sand to traverse on.. and hence engines cease and then on other side we complex terrain of Kashmir.
However, the good aspect of Chinese is that they listen to the feedback and try to improve the product. That was the with SH-15 as well

artillery has SH 15 regiments ?

Armored Divs are under strength, Mech Divs has IABG/IMB assigned to them. Infantry Divs have very less component of armor.

Har jaga hi MBT chiaye hain :laugh:
Army zoor to lga rhi he ...

1: Al Khalid in production phase
2: Al Zarrar in conversion phase
3: T80UD in up gradation phase
4: T85IIAP in overhauling phase
5: Flying News of purchase of 320-360 New MBTs (VT4/T90MS)

Firing a wish shot,
We could have 2,200 frontline MBTs by 2024 instead of current inventory of some 1,550 MBTs of today.

VT4 is already outdated 3rd Gen tank, we should be buying the VT5 instead and in large numbers, at least 500 tanks!

thats why we have short range missiles
Pakistan has a severe critical armour shortage v India which needs to be addressed before anything else. India strategy relies on fast armoured strikes and the only thing stopping that are formations opposing them. No way can the PAF deliver enough damage to curb such movement and yet fight off the IAF.

PA is interested in PCL-181 from PLA Army, and then SH-15 is provided.
20191015005718-.jpg
20191015005845-.jpg

Can u pls provide specs of VT5?
The VT5, also named Type 15 or ZTQ-15 in the Chinese army, is a lightweight battle tank designed and manufactured by the Chinese defense company NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation). The VT5 was unveiled to the public during the Zhuhai AirShow China in November 2016.

The VT5, also named Type 15 or ZTQ-15 in the Chinese army, is a lightweight battle tank designed and manufactured by the Chinese defense company NORINCO (China North Industries Corporation). The VT5 was unveiled to the public during the Zhuhai AirShow China in November 2016.
VT-5 and ZTQ-15 are two different lightweight tanks.

VT-5
20191015020734-.jpg
20191015020755-.jpg
20191015020751-.jpg
20191015020757-.jpg

--------------------------
ZTQ-15
20191015020248-.jpg
20191015020251-.jpg
20191015020254-.jpg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts