What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

YouTube and spotify too

Jokes aside can you elaborate your question pls
u know these latest cars have wifi which let cars have different features like weather traffic gps songs etc etc
like one built in network which is connected to either internet or army’s own version on internet

u know these latest cars have wifi which let cars have different features like weather traffic gps songs etc etc
like one built in network which is connected to either internet or army’s own version on internet
There is network connectivity to receive images and other data messages updated via UHF Software defined radios. This has been available (if not operational) to the primary Pakistani radio PRC-9661.

Caveat is compatible consuming hardware is connected. So possible acting as data modem for any C3I systems built into the vehicle.

More than 300, A few armored vehicles being tested currently. Ukraine’s BTR4E being in the lead. Serbian LAZAR 2 was also present a few years back so maybe that’s being considered too.
Any idea as to roughly what numbers of armored vehicles Pak is looking to acquire or is that not shareable info at this moment?
@PanzerKiel @Blacklight @SQ8

Last edited:
Is VT-4 going to be known as simply 'VT-4' in PA service or is it going to be get another name?

AFAIK, I don't think we have ever given a local name to a tank that was simply bought off the shelf without any local production. What do you guys think?
@PanzerKiel @Blacklight @Tipu7 @iLION12345_1 @Dazzler
It seems it will remain VT-4, If there was to be a name they would have used it during induction, and why not, Type 85 remained Type 85 and T80UD remained T80UD, It could have been VT-4P due to it’s changes but it seems that’s not being used either since the tank wasn’t locally assembled (unlike Type 85-IIAP), though maybe a informal local name will start among the crews and the military 😆

Last edited:
Any idea as to roughly what numbers of armored vehicles Pak is looking to acquire or is that not shareable info at this moment?
@PanzerKiel @Blacklight @SQ8
No idea, but Sir Panzerkiel said they’re to be deployed based on location first, means Baluchistan and maybe Ex-FATA, so the inital order might not be too big, I don’t see the military replacing all the M113s and other APCs yet, but maybe this acquisition could tie into that in the long run. We will know the results for this and the artillery procurement in a few months hopefully. If PA can make up its mind this time :)

Can our vt4 fire atgms? If so which atgms can it fire?
Russian 9M119M/Ukrainian Kombat ATGMs in service with AK, AZ and T80UD since UD was inducted in the 90s. I assume Type 85UG can fire ATGMs too since it uses the same auto-loader and FCS/GCS as AK-1. Which means all of PAs tanks are ATGM capable except the Type 69s.

VT-4 uses Chinese GPS7 and GP-125 ATGMs but can likely also fire 9M119M. I’m unaware if PA has purchased those or just uses the 9M119M with VT-4 too, which wouldn’t be an issue since the 9M119M is a tandem-charged ATGM, which means it’s better than the GPS7, though I’m unsure how the GP-125 performs or if GP-125 and GPS-7 are the same thing, Chinese designations can be confusing.
A0C558E7-E45C-456A-A207-FCDCA12442DA.jpeg
8B19B9E0-6CF4-49F5-ACCD-232D7D901189.jpeg

Last edited:
PA is not ordering Oplots, Ukraine probably can’t even deliver if we order that many. Only Rebuild and maybe some upgrades for T80UD fleet.

That’s not true for all or really any army, only a few are downsizing their tank fleet in the name of modernization because they don’t need them, the only real example that comes to mind is UK because they’re an island with no threat of being invaded, they only need a small number of tanks for foreign deployments such as Afghanistan. Other countries like Germany and France also don’t need large tank armies because they don’t have a large ground threat to them + NATO factor for combined defense, but they’re not downsizing. They’re just modernizing their fleets as they have the money.

None of this applies to countries like Pakistan, india, China, Russia etc. these countries still need massive tank fleets to support their military doctrines, which means keeping older models in service to keep numbers up as well.
PAs armor numbers nearly match those of India, and the Tech is already far beyond what they operate.

Why would PA want western tanks though, they’re not good for our terrain and logistics, too big and heavy, they don’t have auto-loaders so diffrent training and doctrine, they use guns and ammo we don’t have and apart from Germany and US there are really no good “western” tanks on the market right now, and one of those is never gonna sell them. VT-4 is better than basically everything except Modern Leo 2s and Abrams and it actually fits in with our doctrine and supply chain.

You are right at your own point. But my point is that we can still maintain a decent fleet of tanks. Instead of keeping the numbers to 3000+ Tank fleet, PA can and it might be doing it and we don't know i.e: 1500 Strong Fleet of modern Tanks.

Back
Top Bottom