What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

There is a slight tendency in Pakistani people of calling themselves No.1 without anything to back it up. I'll agree with you there. And I think we should stop lying to ourselves so we can finally be able to open doors of progress for ourselves. Because our nation has a lot of potential. Especially to outdo regional competition and medium economies.

There is a slight tendency in Pakistani people of calling themselves No.1 without anything to back it up. I'll agree with you there. And I think we should stop lying to ourselves so we can finally be able to open doors of progress for ourselves. Because our nation has a lot of potential. Especially to outdo regional competition and medium economies.
Mindset is a problem, bro.

For example, some people will vote for Nawaz Sharif no matter what - corruption-related scandals will not change their mind.

No individual is correct about everything on 24/7 basis irrespective of his profession; we learn and re-evaluate throughout our lives. Education is of utmost importance.

Behavior of some members is similar to those of Arab pagans who refused to change their ways irrespective of efforts of Holy Prophet (PBUH). These kind of people are too proud or blind to have a meaningful discussion with because their mindset is at fault.

A Pakistani officer said something so it must be true - no ifs and buts. Troops are conditioned to accept orders without question, people are not. More importantly, backbone of any society is its people. An army comes from people and innovation also comes from people. Not the other way round.

If somebody is wrong about a topic - he is wrong, period.

If a 30 year old Pakistani account of a product is negative - so it bad. Doesn't matter if the entire world is telling otherwise and overwhelming evidence is in public domain. We are supposed to bury our hand in the sand. :rolleyes:

757416_800.jpg

757005_800.jpg

756480_800.jpg

755556_800.jpg

Oplot and VT-4 trials in Pakistan, 2015

I have a feeling that PA will go for VT4 if we give some good offers. So don't worry.

Many reasons why Z10 failed the competition with T129:
1: more TOT from turkey
2: swap package
3: Z10's turbo shaft is not powerful enough especially in high altitude ( a fatal reason why it failed)
4: T129 can easily integrate with armmo in PA's arsenal

How hard it takes to face the reality?
Hmmm, you are right bro but T-129 is not stealthy like Z-10 Pakistan must get 4 or 5 sqd of these to.

If PA decides to ditch Ukraine for Chinese MBT ( Al-Haider ) project, i will say go fot T-99A if available .. Is China manufacturing any 1500 HP engine for MBT ? if yes which one ? and is it available for export ?

I also believe VT-4 should be rejected and one thing should be conveyed to Chinese, offer top of the line products if you want us to be your closest strategic partner or your Israel and face west as foes.

Export oriented weapons should be rejected as similar are offered to other countries too.

Nothing will be handed to you on silver platter.
I also believe VT-4 should be rejected and one thing should be conveyed to Chinese, offer top of the line products if you want us to be your closest strategic partner or your Israel and face west as foes.

Export oriented weapons should be rejected as similar are offered to other countries too.

One thing Ukriane has master is the art of designing tanks! Without them Al-khalid would not exist.

One thing Ukriane has master is the art of designing tanks! Without them Al-khalid would not exist.

Oplot is in Type-99 class and with Western and Atlay tank equipment could be upgraded to very potent machine which VT-4 may never be, but it depends what PA wants and how much fund they have.

PA should have asked Russians to send T-90 latest version for testing, we should not put all eggs in one basket, too much Chinese equipment is not good for PA although they are reliable partner but who knows they may start acting like US in future.

seems like VT-4 comes with a good package bro, but PA is more inclined for Oplot P's cause for various reason .. we are operating , T-80/UD and Al-Khalid/1 which is again derived from Ukraine Designs , and than there is 1500HP engine from Ukraine .. if we can get a deal for 200-300 Oplot P along with secure 1500 HP engine deal for AK-2 ..i will say go for it.

we are evaluating? we still not capable enough to have our own tank!
i am just surprised that both Al khalid and JF 17 planed in 90's, and what happen after that?

Oplot is in Type-99 class and with Western and Atlay tank equipment could be upgraded to very potent machine which VT-4 may never be, but it depends what PA wants and how much fund they have.

PA should have asked Russians to send T-90 latest version for testing, we should not put all eggs in one basket, too much Chinese equipment is not good for PA although they are reliable partner but who knows they may start acting like US in future.
Oh
West always best:yahoo:,my lovely friend

Last edited:
we are evaluating? we still not capable enough to have our own tank!
i am just surprised that both Al khalid and JF 17 planed in 90's, and what happen after that?

We are simply not able to think out of box, which is requirement for inovative solutions.. we are always trying to copy and "indigenously" built what have already been built elsewhere..
It's due to our "education", to the respect due to the ego of the old minded "elders", to our slave/master syndrome. And I forgot many others things.

And if i may push to the extrem, look at our bodies movements, they seems limited due to our mind limitation...

Back
Top Bottom