What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

What's the thickness of that Bullet proof canopy glass on ATAK T-129 and what's the maximum caliber of hits it can withstand?

t129-04.jpg

large_atak-2012-4-.jpg

For instance the bullet proof canopy glass of a CAIC WZ-10 is about 38 millimeters thick.
And it can cope with .50 inch caliber (12.7 x 108 mm) heavy machine gun fire.

T-129 > AH-1W Viper
AH-1Z = T-129
AH-64 > AH-1Z.

Pretty fair evaluation if we consider the specs of all these. Not sure about the reliability of the T-129 systems but since they do have a history and most of the components are not BRAND NEW NEXT GENERATION DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGY so i guess these will be good enough to justify the above evaluation.

Pretty fair evaluation if we consider the specs of all these. Not sure about the reliability of the T-129 systems but since they do have a history and most of the components are not BRAND NEW NEXT GENERATION DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGY so i guess these will be good enough to justify the above evaluation.

T-129 is a mature - proven platform. [A-129 Mungusta]

AH-1 Cobra single eng. variants < AH-1W Super Cobra < AH-1(4B)W Viper < AH-1Z Zulu Cobra a.k.a KingCobra < T-129B or C (spec ops.) < AH-64E......and AC-130U above all...:coffee:

This Helicopters are good but I hope we dont use them against Talibs/ in COIN operations.

This Helicopters are good but I hope we dont use them against Talibs/ in COIN operations.

Wait, why? These would be perfect for hunting down insurgents. They provide the perfect close air support that the PA needs.

NS and RTE are very keen to make this deal the "cornerstone" of the Pak-Turk Strategic Partnership, the Turks are willing to give certain cast iron guarantees regarding the future technical and spare part support, that our side are wanting.

This deal would not preclude the rejection of the Z-10 which can also be purchased as part of the diversification of our assets as in the AWAC deal.

Negotiations have gone quite far, with the technical requirements of the PA and PAF Kamra officials (maintenance and possible assembly) taking part.

The Turks have even given our experienced Cobra pilots presentation and test flight.

The Turks are also willing to give finance on the deal.

is above-stated information your personal assumption or you have your sources shred this piece of info. with you ... ??

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;4807839 said:
is above-stated information your personal assumption or you have your sources shred this piece of info. with you ... ??

I have credibility - I post in Pakdef.info and here and have certain avenues of information, lets leave it at that.

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;4807839 said:

OFF-TOPIC-I know-!

sorry but I must say it, you have a nice LOGO for ISI, may by you should contact them and offer it to the ISI-Media section, again sorry, but I mean it serious !

Back
Top Bottom