What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Why are we even discussing Turkish T129 engine problems?
We paid to get actual mission ready machines and see them flying in our colors by now
Instead what we go is millions of dollars of worth of possibilities
We'll develop this
We'll develop that
If they can't deliver the product on the said date scrap the deal and go for Chinese attack helos

Our Pilots are flying 50 years old machines
Risking their lives everyday & those on the ground
The operational readiness of the fleet is low
And we're discussing if the Turks have an actual engine for the damn chopper or not

We paid to get actual mission ready machines and see them flying in our colors by now
We'll develop this
We'll develop that
If they can't deliver the product on the said date scrap the deal and go for Chinese attack helos

And we're discussing if the Turks have an actual engine for the damn chopper or not
exactly!

We'll develop this
We'll develop that

Delay is due to USA. If we scrap the deal, USA will win, and Turkey will lose. And that my friend, we will not let happen. So, we are here to support our friends, not our enemies.

Delay is due to USA. If we scrap the deal, USA will win, and Turkey will lose. And that my friend, we will not let happen. So, we are here to support our friends, not our enemies.
Dude it's not about satisfying our egos or winning against anyone
We want actual flying machines to replace are obsolete fleet of AH-1F
By the Time Turkish Helo comes online & Testing & Delivery phase begins it's gonna be well over 3 Years at minimum
Meanwhile young men continue to climb into Cannibalized Chopper's every day

This is my post in turkish forum i will just copy-paste here
even though it may be canceled definitely a new deal will be signed later that would be actually continuation of the previous deal pakistan just like turkey has very big helicopter demand so i have full confidence that eventually there will be pak-turk collaboration the only loosers of this stupid embargo will be yankees
To say it short it will be a frozen deal until turkish engine reaches serial production in 2024 what’s good for pakistan is that they can have better negotiation leverage since atak 2 would be almost ready so there could be cheaper but extended deal that would include both atak(newest faz 2 edition) and atak 2 heavy version
It’s important to say that when pakistan selected turkish offer they did it because these helos scored highest marks during evaluation
Even more important is that pakistan is also interested for atak 2 plus there will be joint production that will help pakistan to gain necessary experience to start their own helicopter program in the future
Other nations won’t give joint production offer especially not US

Meanwhile what if the Chinese come up with improved Z-10 in the next 2-years which meets PA's requirements? In that case, there is no doubt that Pakistan will go with the Chinese option. I am afraid if our Brother Turks don't deal with the engine issue soon, this Atak deal will probably not go forward which will be a real shame.

Meanwhile what if the Chinese come up with improved Z-10 in the next 2-years which meets PA's requirements? In that case, there is no doubt that Pakistan will go with the Chinese option. I am afraid if our Brother Turks don't deal with the engine issue soon, this Atak deal will probably not go forward which will be a real shame.
It doesn’t matter because pakistan has already decided to have different types of helicopters do you think that after getting 30 Atak they will stop buying more I don’t know exact numbers of how much pakistan need new helicopters but i guess the number is over 100 that means there will be room for both chinese and turkish helos

China for Z10ME?
I can’t say for sure about china but turkish-pakistan program was much more than ordinary purchase
If i was pakistan and china was offering joint production i would’ve accepted their offer bedore the turkish one but since they accepted turkish i quess you have the answer you are looking for
But anyway there will be room for china and turkey since pakistan helicopter demand is very big

Isn’t Z-10ME on par with ATAK?

Isn’t Z-10ME on par with ATAK?
Atak faz 2 version is on par with Z-10ME
However chinese helicopter has lots of air to air missiles that might be clear advantage
but all depends on the radar and related equipment as you know only one air to air missile is enough to shoot down your helicopter

Attack helicopters usually engage in air to ground missions and sometimes as CAS support

Pakistan just like Turkey would use the helicopters for the most time against terrorists

I agree with you all "" we support our friend not enemies"".
I heard that Turkey is trying to make its own engine or trying to buy from other sources for T-129 copters.Is it true and possible that by the end of 2020, will we get all T-129 Atak copter.
Please add to my knowledge, how many total fighters helicopters, will Pakistan Army, have by the end of year 2020 including Z-10 etc .Please do not move the fly from nose. Add to my knowledge.

Ok, if we order Chines, till when they will be able to deliver us first Helicopter? Now you will add to my knowledge.

Building indigenous engines for all defense machines - tanks, UAVs, choppers, fighters - is a national objective for Turkey. No stones will remain unturned....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom