What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

I've just made a assumption as to whether the T-629 is a direct attack helicopter like T-129, but you can tell me the helicopter in the chart you're send as an example, "Does this heli look like a utility chopper for you?" You said. Do you have a source that the graphical photo you took is T-629, not an Atak 2?

I've just made a assumption as to whether the T-629 is a direct attack helicopter like T-129, but you can tell me the helicopter in the chart you're send as an example, "Does this heli look like a utility chopper for you?" You said. Do you have a source that the graphical photo you took is T-629, not an Atak 2?
yo can compare both CGI s of those helicopters, heavy class heli is pretty much different than this one. and one more thing, TSK doesnt like the concept which is derived from a utility heli to attack.

[QUOTE = "xbat, post: 12027468, üye: 191680"] belki biraz okumalısınız ... başlangıç
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/t-129-atak-turkish-attack-helicopter-programs.209736/page-211
https://www.defenceturkey.com/tr/ic...rdindan-t629-taarruz-helikopteri-geliyor-3649 [/ QUOTE]

vaMNWm.jpg
lQnN5B.jpg
atak-2_gorsel.jpg

I guess I'm blind and I can't tell the difference. In addition, all the media elements of this photo Atak 2 They al shared because they are "idiot" like me. Could you please let me know?

I suspect the T129 was sought for endurance and high-altitude ops, so it might specialize in our mountainous regions. But the Z-10ME could be good enough for the plains and deserts as a CAS asset for our armour, and leveraging Chinese economies-of-scale, should come at a lower cost (i.e., more numbers).
Pakistan has two war region. High heat plain fields and mountain and cold region mountain top ( Siachin region). T129 was selected for Afghan border and LOC region. T129 pass high heat and cold test at required altitude .

[QUOTE = "xbat, post: 12027468, üye: 191680"] belki biraz okumalısınız ... başlangıç
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/t-129-atak-turkish-attack-helicopter-programs.209736/page-211
https://www.defenceturkey.com/tr/ic...rdindan-t629-taarruz-helikopteri-geliyor-3649 [/ QUOTE]

vaMNWm.jpg
lQnN5B.jpg
atak-2_gorsel.jpg

I guess I'm blind and I can't tell the difference. In addition, all the media elements of this photo Atak 2 They al shared because they are "idiot" like me. Could you please let me know?

i dont know in my eyes there are many differences, look at the gun, air inlet , body shape wider and different curves , flir, landing gears etc.
atak2-2-ssjn9.jpg

heavy class is this

i dont know in my eyes there are many differences, look at the gun, air inlet , body shape wider and different curves , flir, landing gears etc.
atak2-2-ssjn9.jpg

heavy class is this

Among them, I see nothing except the color, optional payload areas and the engine air filter. Moreover, all external sources have described this as Atak 2. I am in favor of the Turkish members of the this forum to make good use of resources.

Among them, I see nothing except the color, optional payload areas and the engine air filter. Moreover, all external sources have described this as Atak 2. I am in favor of the Turkish members of the this forum to make good use of resources.

This image was shared into TAI webpage when The new attack helicopter project was introduced with 6t MTOW with 20mm gatling gun. Later, the project has evolved into heavy class league(10+t) and gun renewed with 30mm single barrel and design is revised accordingly but the image/article shared in TAI page remained same(Only tittle changed). You can already read “Atak-2 rotor and transmission will be based on T-625 utility helicopter” like informations in same page which is remained same from the time when the project was envisaged to be 6t so I believe T-629 will be more or less something like this one.

upload_2020-1-17_20-32-57.jpeg

The Turks are offering us joint production off their upcoming heavy attack helicopter and transport helicopter much better than the Chinese option

The 10+t helicopter programs Pakistan is invited will be not only a troop transport but also naval anti-submarine warfare(ASW), anti-surface warfare(ASuW), Search and Rescue (SAR), Naval gun fire suppost(NGFS), Surveillance, Communication relay helicopters. To perform their missions, Further varianta of 10+t helicopter will be equipped with Temren anti-ship missiles, light weight Orka torpedo, Aselsan sonobuoys, multi-mode radar with SAR/ISAR capability and Aselsan/Meteksan low frequency dipping sonar systems. This helicopter will be stationed on TCG Anadolu LHD ships. I think It will be perfect platform which suits the naval mission profile of Pakistani Navy.

upload_2020-1-17_22-15-1.jpeg

6t utility helicopter, T-625, third prototype revealed and I suppose She will start flying with indigenous turboshaft engine in this year. T-625 utility helicopter is another program Pakistan is officially invited to become main partner.

upload_2020-1-17_21-59-12.jpeg

The source of confusion between helicopter programs are about deficient expressions and change of requirements in design phase. In 2017, The new attack helicopter project “Big brother of T-129” was firstly named as Atak-2. The Temel Kotil had openly stated Atak-2 would use same engine and transmission with T-625 utility helicopter but have a MTOW around 6t. Later, Army has described new requirements based on changing criterias and The concept of Heavy class attack helicopter project has been created. It was firstly stated that It would be a 8t attack helicopter, later The take off weight has been increased to 10+t. After that, The name confusion will be solved with calling 6t program with a name of T-629, while Heavy class receive old Atak-2 name.

From an old image while the T-629 were being called with Atak-2 name. Attention ! Both T-625 and “Atak-2” (6t) uses same engine and transmission but In fact, Current Atak-2 (Heavy class) will use same engine (3000shp) and transmission with 10t utility helicopter.

C79F3243-0276-4501-BA5E-7949954F9B6B.jpeg

That is the 6t attack helicopter called T-629.

AA3F10AC-5776-48C9-8FE6-E1E4AD6AB24B.jpeg

That is the heavy class attack helicopter
upload_2020-1-17_23-24-26.jpeg

Last edited:
The 10+t helicopter programs Pakistan is invited will be not only a troop transport but also naval anti-submarine warfare(ASW), anti-surface warfare(ASuW), Search and Rescue (SAR), Naval gun fire suppost(NGFS), Surveillance, Communication relay helicopters. To perform their missions, Further varianta of 10+t helicopter will be equipped with Temren anti-ship missiles, light weight Orka torpedo, Aselsan sonobuoys, multi-mode radar with SAR/ISAR capability and Aselsan/Meteksan low frequency dipping sonar systems. This helicopter will be stationed on TCG Anadolu LHD ships. I think It will be perfect platform which suits the naval mission profile of Pakistani Navy.

View attachment 600374

6t utility helicopter, T-625, third prototype revealed and I suppose She will start flying with indigenous turboshaft engine in this year. T-625 utility helicopter is another program Pakistan is officially invited to become main partner.

View attachment 600373
The 10 ton helicopter will likely inshallah replace our Russian transport helicopters

https://www.aydinlik.com.tr/tusas-t...elikopteri-t629-bilim-ve-teknoloji-kasim-2019

1st airframe LHTEC engine 5t Mtow
T-129A EDH (in active inventory from 2014 and upgraded to B1 level)
T-129B ( in active inventory from 2016
T-129B2 (phase II ) (2020 expected for active service)
2nd airframe TEI engine 6t Mtow
T-629 (2020 expected for first flight)
3rd airframe +10t Mtow
ATAK-II (2024 expected for first flight)

All programs with these model numbers are attack helicopters

Last edited:
need a Jf-17 approach to helicopter project.
Strictly speaking, the "JF-17 approach" would be signing onto the T625 and T629. It's the same 6-ton platform for both utility and an attack helicopter (for which we got an official invite into the utility side). Compared to the 10-ton program (ATAK-2), it would be more affordable, and the utility platform could be inducted more widely in military and civilian applications (including civilian users).

Back
Top Bottom