What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

15 Zulu were for 900 million to billion along with weapons and training

30 for 1.5 along with tech transfer and parts manufacturing ??

Cheaper then 12 Zulu’s comparison
I think it's now only 9 zulu's are coming only.

Atak-II

DQ1515rW0AIlLxU.jpg

No.. it will b 9 only at this time . It Could b 6 more if both countries agreed. Because initial order of Pakistan was 15 and that's what senate give it's go ahead in the beginning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Defence.pk mobile app
I believe it's 3+9 out of the 15 approved by the Americans.
@Quwa might be able to tell.

No.. it will b 9 only at this time . It Could b 6 more if both countries agreed. Because initial order of Pakistan was 15 and that's what senate give it's go ahead in the beginning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Defence.pk mobile app
I think the report stated 12 with 3 arriving this year and 9 the next year. But let us first see these 3 arriving in Pak land.
A

Last edited:
They may not be arriving after Trump chenanigans.
Hence the last sentence. I gather though that since we have paid for these helos we should get them. The interesting thing would be if we placed a follow on order for 18 further units. That would really tell the pulse of the administration and Congress. However let us wait and see. Sanctions are aways on the cards with the US.
A

Who wanna bet, Americans going to put such sanctions which will prevent turkey from selling engine to Pakistan after 48 hours ?

Who wanna bet, Americans going to put such sanctions which will prevent turkey from selling engine to Pakistan after 48 hours ?
Trump is just personifying US policy towards Pakistan since the Obama days.

While the US has restricted Pakistan's options for arms (esp. in terms of US weapons), it hasn't placed blanket sanctions on it nor does it intend to for the time being.

PS: The T129's turboshaft is a joint-venture between Honeywell and Rolls-Royce, the latter is developing a non-ITAR version of it (i.e. immune to US export restrictions).

If Pakistan ends up in a situation where it is co-producing the T129 (with parts and final assembly), then there is absolutely no reason to spend national funds on the AH-1Z. It's a great helicopter, yes, but why not support the local industry and scale the upfront investment of the T129 support base in Pakistan? Just keep adding 6~10 new T129 every year after the initial order of 30. If a heavier platform is required, look to the ATAK 2.
Heavier platform should be mil mi-28ne, a tested fixed wing. Even KA 50/52, both similarly priced @16mil.

Back
Top Bottom