What's new

Pakistan Army's T-129 ATAK Helicopter Deal | Updates & Discussions.

Don't want to be a spoiler but engine is of US origin. In past there were some reservations on that aspect with respect to sanctions.

How is that a spoiler? Feel free to list all the different helicopters and fixed wing aircraft flying with PA, PAF and PN that also have US engines ...

How is that a spoiler? Feel free to list all the different helicopters and fixed wing aircraft flying with PA, PAF and PN that also have US engines ...
Dear indeed we have many things of US origins and F-16 is major example. TAI ATAK is being evaluated by PA and discussed on this forum for past couple of years. In past people suspected that US could influence the deal indirectly because TAI is using licensed engine from US and normally such licenses need permission from source for export to third country. Anyway we are already buying AH1Z from US so it looks like Pakistan is still trusting them even though they put us under sanctions when we needed the equipment the most.

TAKAS KOTIL, the general manager of Turkey's aerospace industry Tusaq, said During a press release that Pakistan has decided to buy 30 T-129 Atak combat helicopters worth 1.5 billion dollars and that the agreement will be signed in the near future.

This came during a press statement, in which Kotil pointed out that the Atak helicopter, had received great attention from Pakistani Prime Minister Shahid Khakan Abbasi on his last visit to Turkey in October, where the Prime Minister of Pakistan tour of Istanbul aboard the Turkish attack helicopter "T129 Atak" led by himself, expressed his intention to include the helicopter to the armed forces of his country.

30 is initial Order, that is a huge number for first order , and who say we cant post another 30 units order ? but as @cabatli_53 said, the purchase is negotiated on Credit along with possible 4 Istanbul class Frigates, so once our economy is shooting up, we can pay them faster and place another order, as for additional 15 Zulu's , i wont put much weight over that, but if the US Pak relation improves than i see no other reason not to buy another 15 Zulu's . but to tackle the new ISIS threat in our western borders we need dedicated 30+ Attack Helicopters on Afghan border monitoring every movement of Terrorist 24/7 .
If Pakistan ends up in a situation where it is co-producing the T129 (with parts and final assembly), then there is absolutely no reason to spend national funds on the AH-1Z. It's a great helicopter, yes, but why not support the local industry and scale the upfront investment of the T129 support base in Pakistan? Just keep adding 6~10 new T129 every year after the initial order of 30. If a heavier platform is required, look to the ATAK 2.

In my opinion Pakistan should order 36 of these and try to increase Zulu order from 15 to 24 thus making 60 dedicated attack helicopters
salam zarvan bhai, pahla 9 ordered Zulu's kab tak milan ga ?

If Pakistan ends up in a situation where it is co-producing the T129 (with parts and final assembly), then there is absolutely no reason to spend national funds on the AH-1Z. It's a great helicopter, yes, but why not support the local industry and scale the upfront investment of the T129 support base in Pakistan? Just keep adding 6~10 new T129 every year after the initial order of 30. If a heavier platform is required, look to the ATAK 2.

Diverse platforms ? AH-Z1 comes with 1000 hell fire missiles which we do need , plus AH-z1 is slightly superior in performance compared to T-129 and T-129-2 we don't know how far it from been operational . for Zulu's we might have setup for maintenance and over haul cause of Old Cobra .

We have ordered 15 not 9 secondly by this year end or start of next year

Correct number is 12 units , 3 to be delivered by end of 2017, and remaining 9 will be delivered in 2018 .

Diverse platforms ? AH-Z1 comes with 1000 hell fire missiles which we do need , plus AH-z1 is slightly superior in performance compared to T-129 and T-129-2 we don't know how far it from been operational . for Zulu's we might have setup for maintenance and over haul cause of Old Cobra .

There is nothing in common between the old and the new Cobras so we dont have any setup for their maintenance or overhaul.

people always tell me to sugar quote before saying things ..... I think I should learn from you ....

.... I wonder how I could have said it ....

Back
Top Bottom