What's new

Pakistan Army Officially Inducted LY-80 MR-SAM System

you might be getting information about older version, Latest version has range from 80-100 km
HQ -16B

Its export version and there is no news that "B" version is in full production and cleared for export.

If you have link please share.

C6tdNK_WcAE3SpQ.jpg:large
Look at the paint job, it must be the 70 KM version.

so what quality is down for airforce or army should have selected a better version
spada short range system was ordered by airforce for protection of assets.
Ly 80 is a mobile defense system which will move with army.
the short range system for army is fm 90.

It travels at Mach-3 has a 85% single shot kill probability against aircraft and 60% against cruise missiles, now if it was launched in salvos....it's an over kill.

How effective it will be against Brahmos as India will use it as primary standoff weapon?

I think PA has created a layered air defence which they think can handle what India can throw at them.

Is HQ-16B clear for exports?
HQ16b had finished its test at the end of year 2012. The news of successful test was immediately informed to Pakistan side back then. Why would Pakistan choose to wait until now to induct it? You understand? Must be the new version. They are waiting for the new version.

Last edited:
How effective it will be against Brahmos as India will use it as primary standoff weapon?

I think PA has created a layered air defence which they think can handle what India can throw at them.
HQ16b can be field against cruise missile and ballistic missile.

HQ16b had finished its test at the end of year 2012. Why would Pakistan choose to wait until now to induct it? You understand? Must be the new version. They are waiting for the new version.

It will be good if you can get confirmation from some Chinese source.

If true awesome news, share specs of HQ-16B.

HQ16b can be field against cruise missile and ballistic missile.

How high it can hit? Can it handle supersonic missile threats? If compared to Buk-M3 where it stands?

Good to see we are serious in defense matter but I am not impressed we should build our own state of the art system it is just a copy of old Russian BUK missile system.

Buk is different system then LY-80, later is VLS which earlier is not.

Back
Top Bottom