What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Why do you people keep discrediting your PM, didn't he appoint RS? you guys were all bitching at that time too that RS is chosen because of his name, or that he is a sissy general or that he is a relative of NS blah blah blah learn to respect your country and government and the world would follow
He appointed General Raheel because he thought he is just quite man and will listen to what every he would say and other thoughts he has which were ruined. Nawaz when appointing an Army chief tries to look for some some who will act as his personal what would be the world sectary or something like that and most of the times he ends up making biggest blunder.

For GOD's sake.............stop this crap

He appointed General Raheel because he thought he is just quite
man and will listen to what every he would say and other thoughts he has which were ruined. Nawaz when appointing an Army chief tries to look for some some who will act as his personal what would be the world sectary or something like that and most of the times he ends up making biggest blunder.

A selam Brother, a nice system,would be also effective in ground role ! But I have never heard and read about this or any other mobile AA Gun System in service with thePakistan army nowdays,maybe it does not fit in their air defence/Artillery doctrine ?

Besides that my argument was to use the local products, industry and systems which are already in service, this were the Type 65/74 AA (ca. 1000 and more stored in reserve) guns and the local produced HINO trucks.

Type 74
The Type 74 is an improved variant of the Type 65 introduced in 1974. The weapon share the same 37mm cannon and ammunitions as the Type 65, but can be operated either manually or remotely by the fire-control unit consisting of an electro-optical director and a target searching radar. This enables the weapon to operate under day/night, all-weather conditions.

Hino PAK Truck:

View attachment 330222

The SP AD regiments in Armoured formations use Anza on Talha.

The infantry formations tow AD guns behind trucks and then deploy them using camouflage.
The reasons for towing and not actually mounting the AA gun on truck could be:
1. Truck gets engaged with gun and cannot be used for transport or cargo. Cannot be used for any other duty.
2. A mobile AA platform may not be required. Infantry job is securing and holding a position.
3. Most AD assets are deployed at fixed sensitive locations like airfields etc

Since you mentioned use of leather cover/planne, i think you mean tarpaulin (or "Tarpaal" in local language) ?
Tarpaulin is already used on AD guns towed behind trucks during transit/convoys for secrecy and saving them from weather effects.

The deployment of AD Regiments is expected to be a mix of MANPADS and AAA, with the SAMs forming the outer ring. The AD regiments could be of two types:

1. Equipped with:- 4 X 35mm twin Oerlikon guns with sky guard radar + 8 x RBS -70/Anza SAMs with Giraffe radar.

2. Equipped with:- 6 X 37 mm AA Guns and 6 X 14.5 mm Quad A-A Guns + 8 X RBS-70/Anza with Giraffe radar.

The nasty surprise that you are mentioning can also be given by SAM's, requires a launcher and a few missiles. Easily portable and deploy-able within seconds from fixed position to Mobile (like on a truck or Jeep).

However, If the AA guns are mounted on a truck, they can also provide massive firepower to support infantry using heavy calibre like 35mm or 40mm, which could rip off light vehicles like jeeps/trucks easily and damage IA BMP's.

The HINO truck you have shown seems to be HINO 500 series with 7600cc engine and 251 bhp with GVW 18000 KG.
Weight of 37mm twin barrel gun is 3400 KG
Weight of 40mm gun is 1900 KG
Weight of 35mm twin barrel gun is 6700 KG

The weight becomes double with ammunition included. I think the picture you provided is a twin barrelled 23mm Gun? You can have an idea how much mobility of truck can be affected by installing 35mm, 37mm or 40mm gun.

Range of 35mm Gun = 4 km
Range of 37mm Gun = 7-8 km
Range of 40 mm Gun = 7 km

The 37mm gun has low rate of fire so its paired with 14.5mm gun which has high rate of fire.

Radar increases effectiveness of AD warfare, since Pakistan AD regiments use GIRAFFE/SkyGuard radars, which have remote(wireless) connectivity. So a mobile AA platform like you have mentioned can be used with Radars too.

Sky Guard.
The SkyGuard system uses encrypted radio-waves so its wireless connectivity can be upto 500m. It can control 2 X 35mm Guns and 2 X 8-Cell SAM launchers simultaneously. The search radar can scan an area up to 20 km and locks on the target at 14.5 km. The radar can track one target at a time and provide data to two to three guns. An additional TV camera enables aircraft recognition. The system can be employed both against aerial and ground targets.

GIRAFFE.
The radar is designed to detect very low flying targets and is linked with a number of firing units for precision target designation. The radar has a range of 40 kms in surveillance mode and is reduced to 20 kms in designation mode.

The SP AD regiments in Armoured formations use Anza on Talha.

The infantry formations tow AD guns behind trucks and then deploy them using camouflage.
The reasons for towing and not actually mounting the AA gun on truck could be:
1. Truck gets engaged with gun and cannot be used for transport or cargo. Cannot be used for any other duty.
2. A mobile AA platform may not be required. Infantry job is securing and holding a position.
3. Most AD assets are deployed at fixed sensitive locations like airfields etc

Since you mentioned use of leather cover/planne, i think you mean tarpaulin (or "Tarpaal" in local language) ?
Tarpaulin is already used on AD guns towed behind trucks during transit/convoys for secrecy and saving them from weather effects.

The deployment of AD Regiments is expected to be a mix of MANPADS and AAA, with the SAMs forming the outer ring. The AD regiments could be of two types:

1. Equipped with:- 4 X 35mm twin Oerlikon guns with sky guard radar + 8 x RBS -70/Anza SAMs with Giraffe radar.

2. Equipped with:- 6 X 37 mm AA Guns and 6 X 14.5 mm Quad A-A Guns + 8 X RBS-70/Anza with Giraffe radar.

The nasty surprise that you are mentioning can also be given by SAM's, requires a launcher and a few missiles. Easily portable and deploy-able within seconds from fixed position to Mobile (like on a truck or Jeep).

However, If the AA guns are mounted on a truck, they can also provide massive firepower to support infantry using heavy calibre like 35mm or 40mm, which could rip off light vehicles like jeeps/trucks easily and damage IA BMP's.

The HINO truck you have shown seems to be HINO 500 series with 7600cc engine and 251 bhp with GVW 18000 KG.
Weight of 37mm twin barrel gun is 3400 KG
Weight of 40mm gun is 1900 KG
Weight of 35mm twin barrel gun is 6700 KG

The weight becomes double with ammunition included. I think the picture you provided is a twin barrelled 23mm Gun? You can have an idea how much mobility of truck can be affected by installing 35mm, 37mm or 40mm gun.

Range of 35mm Gun = 4 km
Range of 37mm Gun = 7-8 km
Range of 40 mm Gun = 7 km

The 37mm gun has low rate of fire so its paired with 14.5mm gun which has high rate of fire.

Radar increases effectiveness of AD warfare, since Pakistan AD regiments use GIRAFFE/SkyGuard radars, which have remote(wireless) connectivity. So a mobile AA platform like you have mentioned can be used with Radars too.

Sky Guard.
The SkyGuard system uses encrypted radio-waves so its wireless connectivity can be upto 500m. It can control 2 X 35mm Guns and 2 X 8-Cell SAM launchers simultaneously. The search radar can scan an area up to 20 km and locks on the target at 14.5 km. The radar can track one target at a time and provide data to two to three guns. An additional TV camera enables aircraft recognition. The system can be employed both against aerial and ground targets.

GIRAFFE.
The radar is designed to detect very low flying targets and is linked with a number of firing units for precision target designation. The radar has a range of 40 kms in surveillance mode and is reduced to 20 kms in designation mode.

Exelent reply, your post shows that you understand your worke, this quality of posting in Army section new Members of PDFshould notice and follow.

@Sarge I will Reply later now I am going to sleep, night shift is over, w selam.

by the way this guy Maj.Osmani could also have post his thoughts for this topic here, but he is banned he was also a member in Pakistan Air defence, from what I understood.

Last edited:
Exelent reply, your post shows that you understand your worke, this quality of posting in Army section new Members of PDFshould notice and follow.

@Sarge I will Reply later now I am going to sleep, night shift is over, w selam.

by the way this guy Maj.Osmani could also have post his thoughts for this topic here, but he is banned he was also a member in Pakistan Air defence, from what I understood.
why was he banned?

why was he banned?
Because he was NOT an army official and was faking one.
Only thing i know for sure is that we were making AA guns some 5 6 years back. There was this one contract in the factory my father used to work in and i have seen it myself. Twin barrel computer/radar controlled guns is what i am talking about not SP ones but there were was the provision of mounting this on truck (not that it requires much changes but still was mentioned in the contract). It was back in 2011 as far as i can remember. So the only thing i am sure about is that we did made quite a few of these, good numbers, radar controlled AAA guns.

He was an imposter but this reminds me that officers joining AD regiments used to sit in AC monitoring rooms making infantry and armour coursemates jealous on get-togethers :rofl:

Only thing i know for sure is that we were making AA guns some 5 6 years back. There was this one contract in the factory my father used to work in and i have seen it myself. Twin barrel computer/radar controlled guns is what i am talking about not SP ones but there were was the provision of mounting this on truck (not that it requires much changes but still was mentioned in the contract). It was back in 2011 as far as i can remember. So the only thing i am sure about is that we did made quite a few of these, good numbers, radar controlled AAA guns.
how did pdf came to know about that?

:rofl::rofl: really cant believe, but some things which he did wrote how to shoot down enemy birds did sound realistic ^^

But is it a reason to ban a Member, if he fakes his backround ? ^^

He was an imposter but this reminds me that officers joining AD regiments used to sit in AC monitoring rooms making infantry and armour coursemates jealous on get-togethers :rofl:

By unprofessional language and other service members catching his faults

That's sound really strange and funny, maybe he enjoyed the fame and time in PDF for a while , being respected as a ex-servicemen. What did he said anything why he has played this false role, was it just for fun ?

May be you mean the local upgrade of the Type-74 37mm twin guns by the COMPANY GIDS:

Automatic Fire Control System
Up-gradation of 37mm Anti Aircraft Gun
16737850516_9ee70c1d5c_b.jpg

automatic01.png
The original 37mm twin barrel AD gun has been upgraded in order to meet the present combat threats. The upgraded gun with its new firing system gives a unique combination of modern technology resulting in a very reliable weapon system. Capable to track high speed targets coupled with auto ranging. The gun can be operated in three modes, i.e. joystick, handheld fire control and laser aiming sight.
automatic-fire-control-system.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistani AAA has been lagging both for a lack of funds and more importantly for a lack of direction and understanding.
The Army had almost resigned its air defence duties to the PAF in anything besides short range sams and AAA. Personal encounters with many PA officers had me shocked to their utter lack of knowledge with ADA beyond basic ideas and their total lack of understanding of even the basics of Air Warfare and projects.

This is where Pakistan is truly ill-fated that due to its military's overbearing status; no one is there to take them to task for their failures and they learnt very little lessons from their past conflicts until a new cadre of internet exposed officers decided to change things around.

On the other hand, the IA learns more and more lessons from its past histories and despite their inherent need to impose a superior sense of self; a good number of stoic and well balanced officers on their end ensure that their tactics and ideas are far superior in conventional warfare.

:rofl::rofl: really cant believe, but some things which he did wrote how to shoot down enemy birds did sound realistic ^^

But is it a reason to ban a Member, if he fakes his backround ? ^^
Sure it is! Specially when someone is saying he from Military for that title then it gets that much more complex. Never a good thing to claim something that you are not.

May be you mean the local upgrade of the Type-74 37mm twin guns by the COMPANY GIDS:

Automatic Fire Control System
Up-gradation of 37mm Anti Aircraft Gun
16737850516_9ee70c1d5c_b.jpg

automatic01.png
The original 37mm twin barrel AD gun has been upgraded in order to meet the present combat threats. The upgraded gun with its new firing system gives a unique combination of modern technology resulting in a very reliable weapon system. Capable to track high speed targets coupled with auto ranging. The gun can be operated in three modes, i.e. joystick, handheld fire control and laser aiming sight.
Nops, Not the upgrades. The one i am talking about were new manufacturings.

how did pdf came to know about that?
The same way we know that you are working for Mossad!

Kidding, the moderators use IP checks. There is a system for duplicate accounts and stuff. Be aware :)

The same way we know that you are working for Mossad!

Brother you did made my day did not laugh so much since days after worke,Muahah I was shocked to read that, then I continued to read and saw its joke ;)

whats about my, did you light my backround also ?

Brother you did made my day did not laugh so much since days after worke,Muahah I was shocked to read that, then I continued to read and saw its joke ;)

whats about my, did you light my backround also ?
Lolz,
Good to know you are one who can take a joke :)

Dont worry i am sure there was not problem with your profile and that is why admins and mods never took any action. Just keep up the good work and enjoy your time on PDF :)

Army air defence primary duty is to defend strategic installations. forward air defence is primarily based on portable SAM systems. remember kargil, they were pretty effective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom