What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Pakistan has increased the country’s defense budget by 11% to approximately $7.7 billion for fiscal year 2015-2016. This increase follows a similar jump in defense spending from the previous year, with the army set toreceive approximately 45% of this figure . the country’s air force will receive just under 23% and the navy approximately 12%, with the remainder split between the Strategic Forces and Civil Armed Forces.

What type off vehicle is the Tank on the transporter? W-653A ARV?

Industry

ADEX 2015: Pakistan, South Korea explore joint defence production

Jon Grevatt, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Industry

20 October 2015

Pakistan's government has said it is talking to South Korea about a programme of joint defence production and the establishment of joint ventures.

A statement from Islamabad on 20 October said Pakistan's minister for defence production, Rana Tanveer Hussain, and Oh Won-Jin, the director general of defence industry promotion at South Korea's Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA), agreed to an expanded partnership at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition (ADEX) 2015.

The statement said both sides are looking at a programme of collaboration featuring technology transfers leading to defence production. Joint ventures between the defence companies of both countries would facilitate the production programmes, the statement said.

Try sitting in the back of a pickup cruising at 110 in waziristan or Baluchistan or even southern Punjab... The dust turns you into a zombie that just dug out of his grave..

I've seen that alot!
Actually i have, Southern Punjab. Did not know these scarves were allowed.

Military Capabilities

Saudi, Pakistani special forces conduct joint training in Punjab province

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

21 October 2015

Special forces from the Saudi Arabian and Pakistani armies began a two-week training exercise known as 'Al-Shihab-1' in Pakistan's Punjab province on 19 October.

An announcement from Pakistan's inter-services public relations office said the exercise aims at "affording an opportunity to explore new avenues of co-operation to fight terrorism and enhance skills".

Analysts and Western officials noted that the exercise comes as Saudi Arabia remains committed to an ongoing military campaign in Yemen. "The Pakistan Army has had years of combat experience against the Taliban [in a rugged region alongside the border with Afghanistan] and that's where the Saudis can learn from our experiences," a senior Pakistani government official told IHS Jane's

Actually i have, Southern Punjab. Did not know these scarves were allowed.

The FC are local troops and fighting in local area is dangerous for their familys, so they have the right to hide their identity !

Pakistan's indigenous armed drone conducts first night-time strike
Pakistan's indigenous armed drone conducts first night-time strike
ISPR says several terrorists were killed by ‘Burraq’ in South Waziristan
By Web Desk
Published: October 22, 2015
burraq.jpg

This television screen grab shows UCAV Burraq launching the laser-guided missile Burq

Several terrorists were killed late on Thursday in South Waziristan in the first night-time strike by Pakistan’s first indigenous armed drone, ‘Burraq’, Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

It was Buraaq’s first airstrike in the dark hours and took place with pinpoint accuracy, a source told The Express Tribune.
The development took place after airstrikes by fighter jets killed 21 militants near the Pak-Afghan border, said an ISPR press release.

“Twenty-one militants were killed in air trikes in Rajgal and Tirah areas of Khyber Agency,” Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement on Wednesday.

22 terrorists killed in Shawal air strikes: ISPR
Earlier on October 11, at least 22 terrorists were killed in air strikes by Pakistani warplanes in the North Waziristan tribal agency before dawn.

Six compounds of terrorists were decimated in the air raids in Shawal Valley, according to the military’s media wing. The strategic valley is located on the confluence of borders between North and South Waziristan agencies.
The military has been engaged in a massive operation, codenamed Zarb-e-Azb, in North Waziristan since mid-June 2014. Most parts of the agency, once a stronghold of local and foreign militants, have been purged of terrorists.
However, some militants are holed up in the thickly forested Shawal Valley, which is now regarded as the last bastion of militants. The military mounted a ground offensive in Shawal in August, this year, after softening targets with air strikes.

Assalam o Alaikum Sir I want ask I applied for PMA LC 137 but i'm 2 years overage my actual date of birth is 6-5-1990 and I have done my BA from Balochisatn Kech I want to join Pak Army can i get any chance of selection kindly sir reply me i'll be very thankful to you Allah Hafiz.

Air Platforms

Pakistan to get ScanEagle UAVs

James Hardy, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

29 September 2015

Pakistan is to receive an unspecified number of Boeing Insitu ScanEagle unmanned aerial systems (UAS) under a USD15,180,214 contract awarded on 29 September.

The ScanEagle contract, processed via the Foreign Military Sales route and run through US Naval Air Systems Command, comes seven years after Pakistan first announced its interest in the system.

IHS Jane's reported in May 2008 that Pakistan had voiced its interest in obtaining the Boeing Australia-built UAVs during a visit to Islamabad by Australian Defence Force (ADF) chief Air Chief Marshall Angus Houston, while in February 2010 then US Undersecretary of Defense Michele Flournoy told Pakistani officials that Washington was prepared to provide the ScanEagle or the Textron RQ-7 Shadow UAS to Islamabad "to improve its reconnaissance capacity".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom