What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Monument built in memory of #soldiers who lost theirs lives in #Gayari sector of Siachen.

1629568933029.png

Shaikh Rashid also mentioned drones bought by the Interior Ministry to keep an eye on the Pak-Afg border.
I think those are smaller ones like Burraq or Shahpar-II. I'd be surprised if it's a CH-4.

Shaikh Rashid also mentioned drones bought by the Interior Ministry to keep an eye on the Pak-Afg border.
I think those are smaller ones like Burraq or Shahpar-II. I'd be surprised if it's a CH-4.
Yes, Those will be local Recce UAVs. Not UCAVs. MOI already operates UAVs, they are buying more now.
But these are clearly for Eastern border + training.
When will we use them for counterterrorism?
They already started their use in Baluchistan just a little while back, hopefully they will be constantly patrolling from now on.

Yes, Those will be local Recce UAVs. Not UCAVs. MOI already operates UAVs, they are buying more now.

They already started their use in Baluchistan just a little while back, hopefully they will be constantly patrolling from now on.
Great news if true, albeit I haven't seen much results.

But these are clearly for Eastern border + training.
When will we use them for counterterrorism?
I hope the results with come with continued usage, it takes a little while to operationalize a platform Once procured, CH-4s will be seeing a lot of use in Baluchistan if the army is thinking correctly, combined with whatever’s going on in Afghanistan.
It’s the IED threat that still remains sadly. The new APCs that were being tested have not been procured yet and I’ve seen no effort to move more MRAPs to the sensitive areas.

I hope the results with come with continued usage, it takes a little while to operationalize a platform Once procured, CH-4s will be seeing a lot of use in Baluchistan if the army is thinking correctly, combined with whatever’s going on in Afghanistan.
It’s the IED threat that still remains sadly. The new APCs that were being tested have not been procured yet and I’ve seen no effort to move more MRAPs to the sensitive areas.
When were the APC's tested and which ones were they?

why the hell the bought this piece of shit dragon apc ?

When were the APC's tested and which ones were they?
Ukrainian BTR-4E, Serbian Lazar series and others which were not disclosed. The testing started a month or two back, I don’t remember the exact dates.
why the hell the bought this piece of shit dragon apc ?
Corruption to put it simply, someone wanted money so they did a dumb project. Nobody even bought them Save for a few by the ASF and some other local forces. It’s basically as useful as a wheeled M113.

Back
Top Bottom