What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, polio campaign

Bill Gates appreciates Pakistan's success against coronavirus, reiterates support to help end polio

August 15, 2020

bill-bajwa1597475156-0.jpg

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Co-Chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Bill Gates, in a telephonic conversation, discussed Pakistan's Covid-19 response and resumption of the polio campaign.

Bill Gates appreciated the Pakistan Army for supporting the national polio drive and ensuring proper reach and coverage. The army chief attributed the effort for a polio-free Pakistan to the grassroot workers including mobile teams, law enforcement agencies and healthcare representatives.

The two discussed the importance of conducting the polio campaign effectively during the pandemic.

Bill Gates also appreciated Pakistan's success against the novel coronavirus despite resource constraints. The army chief said the success was executed through the mechanism of the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) which allowed optimisation of resources.

The co-chair reiterated his support to Pakistan in its goal of ending polio and improving the health of every child.

Very interesting to see a service chief discuss such issues with a foreign party bypassing the relevant minister.

Very interesting to see a service chief discuss such issues with a foreign party bypassing the relevant minister.

It is common in many countries where the military provide aid to the civil power, can post hundreds of pictures of western generals meeting top foreign civilians but somehow feel it may not end your snide remarks

It is common in many countries where the military provide aid to the civil power, can post hundreds of pictures of western generals meeting top foreign civilians but somehow feel it may not end your snide remarks

We have such arrangements in our country too where the military aids the civil admin with various initiatives.
It is also quite normal for generals to discuss military affairs with external parties.
However, when it comes to the military discussing civilian policies with foreign parties, the typical protocol in other countries is to involve the relevant government body who are responsible for policy implementation. Hence I found the above discussion on polio and covid between the General and Gates very interesting. Do not know what you found "snide" about my comment.

We have such arrangements in our country too where the military aids the civil admin with various initiatives.
It is also quite normal for generals to discuss military affairs with external parties.
However, when it comes to the military discussing civilian policies with foreign parties, the typical protocol in other countries is to involve the relevant government body who are responsible for policy implementation. Hence I found the above discussion on polio and covid between the General and Gates very interesting. Do not know what you found "snide" about my comment.

Bill Gates called several Pakistani Government officials, he also met Bajwa as Army played a central role in the fight against Covid and Polio. If you bothered to loo into this rather then just posting "bypassing the relevant minister" that may of made me take your post more seriously. It was obvious you intended to make our Army and set up look like some sort of Banana Republic....

Bill Gates called several Pakistani Government officials, he also met Bajwa as Army played a central role in the fight against Covid and Polio. If you bothered to loo into this rather then just posting "bypassing the relevant minister" that may of made me take your post more seriously. It was obvious you intended to make our Army and set up look like some sort of Banana Republic....
As a matter of fact I did look up online. All I found was Gates speaking to the PM and the General.
If your media is conspiring to suppress Gates's convos with your health minister or other officials, as you claim to be aware of, then they have successfully misled me.
Anyway, it is not a huge deal either way.

Hope you wipe out covid soon.

As a matter of fact I did look up online. All I found was Gates speaking to the PM and the General.
If your media is conspiring to suppress Gates's convos with your health minister or other officials, as you claim to be aware of, then they have successfully misled me.
Anyway, it is not a huge deal either way.

Hope you wipe out covid soon.

Watching your back peddling is fun. Suggest you think next time you make sweeping statments not grounded in reality.

Watching your back peddling is fun. Suggest you think next time you make sweeping statments not grounded in reality.
I have not "backpedaled" on anything. Unless you can present evidence of what you have claimed, my first comment is still valid.
Not a big deal either way.

You have your own insecurities to deal with given your reaction to my post.

I have not "backpedaled" on anything. Unless you can present evidence of what you have claimed, my first comment is still valid.
Not a big deal either way.

You have your own insecurities to deal with given your reaction to my post.

No insecurities at all my friend, just fed up people trying to trash my country with no basis in fact. That is called pride, you may label it whatever you want.

No insecurities at all my friend, just fed up people trying to trash my country with no basis in fact. That is called pride, you may label it whatever you want.
My personal apologies to you if my posts have made you feel that way. Certainly was not my intent.
I do not like people trashing my country either.
Take care.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom