What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

S-200VE "Vega-E" (SA-5b), with the V-880E/5V28E missile, export version, high explosive warhead only, range 250 km (155 mi), ceiling 29 km (95,000 ft)

The S200 seems more of a possibility since we already have the HQ2 and HQ9 (rumored) in the short to medium range category. Also the Spada systems fulfill the short range.

The S200 seems more of a possibility since we already have the HQ2 and HQ9 (rumored) in the short to medium range category. Also the Spada systems fulfill the short range.

HQ-9
Operational Range: 200 km (slant range)
Flight ceiling 30 km (98,425 ft)

Against

200VE "Vega-E" (SA-5b), with the V-880E/5V28E

Operational Range: 250 km
Flight Ceiling 29km (95,000 ft)

So i don't see how 200VE is better or has any possibility with PA/PAF as it is also medium range SAM compared to HQ-9

733913_378314715617910_1638436277_n.jpg

I believe these guys are from QRF.....some interesting array of weapons there.

What's interesting or new to you in this pic?

Well, you hardly even see our SF wearing masks and the guy on the left seems to be carrying a different gun than others even the snipers are holding some derivative of the G-3. !!

Well, you hardly even see our SF wearing masks and the guy on the left seems to be carrying a different gun than others even the snipers are holding some derivative of the G-3. !!

whats missing is the NVG's

This is common sight in Pindi now, especially near the Chiefs house...the snipers were deployed 5 to 6 months ago, with the proper sniper rifles such as the M40 and ghillie suit...shakoty you know.

All guns are type 56, with a grip and RDS and rails...also made sort of standard for combat troops. The masks and goggles are a new improvement though, gives a nice look.

Btw, these sort of QRF are mostly deployed near the COAS house and corp commander etc. If you happen to go near Ayub Park and judicial colony you will see a sniper lurking somewhere in the bushes!

This is common sight in Pindi now, especially near the Chiefs house...the snipers were deployed 5 to 6 months ago, with the proper sniper rifles such as the M40 and ghillie suit...shakoty you know.

All guns are type 56, with a grip and RDS and rails...also made sort of standard for combat troops. The masks and goggles are a new improvement though, gives a nice look.

Btw, these sort of QRF are mostly deployed near the COAS house and corp commander etc. If you happen to go near Ayub Park and judicial colony you will see a sniper lurking somewhere in the bushes!

The dilemma of not being able to visit Pakistan for a decade now. :(
That was the last time i was also in Ayub Park attending a Walima reception....hoping to get away this summer.

Bhai, I was asking about Air Defence systems. Thanks anyway...

I kind of agree with you, more cooperation with the Ukrainians would have diversified our inventory and maybe even given us better options. Recently though it does seem as if we have realized this, and visits to these ex-Soviet countries and Russia indicates towards it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we are discussing snipers, only infantry men can apply for sniper school or is it open for everyone from the fighting arms?

And do SSG snipers also get training from School of I&T or do they have some separate facility?

As I understand it the T56s are going to be replaced by the G3Ms (thank God!) and the MGs will be replaced by the MG1A3. The PA has rightly invested in the personal gear of your infantry man. Those currently serving are best placed to testify whether the investments in the gear is worth it. As Fatman has said I think the PA is still trying to address the shortfall in NVGs. Progress is being made but given funding levels its being done piecemeal.

Serbian military analyst Miroslav Lazanski who usually has informations before anyone, commented on one post on "politika" newspaper site that Pakistan ordered 15 Lazar-II vehicles.

This is not official information.

text translated by translate.go:
sir you are not carefully read the text, I'm not talking about the vehicle "Lazar-1", i talk about "Lazar-2". And that's a slightly different story. That is different will reveal the fact that Pakistan has acquired the first 15 in front of serial combat vehicle "Lazar-2", which should be presented to the public at the end of the 2013th If "Lazar-2" so bad, why it would be pre-purchased by the Pakistans?

original:
господине нисте пажљиво прочитали текст, ја не говорим о возилу "лазар-1", већ о "лазару-2". А то је нешто другачија прича. Да је другачија открићу Вам податак да је Пакистан већ откупио првих 15 предсеријских борбених возила "лазар-2", који треба да буду представљени јавности тек крајем ове 2013. Да је "лазар-2" тако лош зар би га Пакистанци унапред откупили?

source: Са чиме пред Милоша : Коментари корисника

Official PS Yugoimport picture of Lazar-2:
Lazar_2_MRAP_multirole_8x8-armoured_vehicle_Yugoimport_Serbia_Serbian_defence_industry_military_technology_640_001.jpg

201121_194467468_lazar-2-side.JPG

Lazar-2-rampa-V.jpg

text about Lazar-II:
Yugoimport from Serbia unveils its new 8x8 multirole armoured vehice Lazar 2 at IDEX 2013 17021312*-*Army Recognition

This is Lazar I, or just Lazar:
Lazar_BVT_8808-SR_MRAP.jpg

:cheers:

Any news abt Youm e Shuhda event this year?Is it taking place tomorrow? Havent heard anything abt it yet

Back
Top Bottom