What's new

Pakistan Army Information

Actually I knew u were a Bradley Commander and u have a good experience with tanks and how tanks perform.......U once said u had a female commander when u were in Bradley and how u used to feel uncomfortable under her command:lol:. I had that in mind so thats why i quoted and also the fact that yr the one that i know in this forum who actually takes the trouble of writing a long answer to satisfy the person who quotes u or mentions u.:agree:

And u never disappoint.

lol glad that i can be of help.

By the way, i used to have a female 2 stars general boss when i work as an aide to her camp. That is right after i got out of ranger school. hehe, very ironic if you ask me....

I had no problem under a command of a woman tho, just not that old, and at least to be a looker....

Yes they are !

This picture from the current exercise "Azme nau" shows that the Pakistani M901 are still in service, and will also in future a danger for indian Tanks.

View attachment 10666

Some basic information about this System:

ITV
(Improved TOW Vehicle) is a United States Armyarmored vehicle designed to carry a dual M220 TOW launcher. It is based on the ubiquitous M113 Armored Personnel Carrier chassis.

Is that the 155mm self propelled howitzer from Turkey?

R these LAT regiments really effective considering the constant evolution in Modern warfare...

We r certainly not expecting to successfully take out the likes of Arjuns r we?

The M40 106mm gun is Not only anti-tankweapon but also but also antipersonnel. So yes it can be a effective DEFENCE weapons in a Pak-Indo war.

I'll take some of the posts to a Summary and post some more details......

The recoilless guns which are made in Pakistan (ca. 1000-1500 Guns were produced by Pakistan Ordanance Factory) are outdated weapons against Indian T-90 Tank Regiments, but perfect for Pakistani Bunkers along the LOC and in the mountainwarfare !

Pakistan Army is already using this gun's extensively in mountain warfare:
OperationRah-e-Nijat008.jpg
pak-army-n-waziristan-ap-670.jpg

India and Pakistan have build along the LOC since years thousands of pill Boxes, Bunkers, and trenches. In the Kashmir area of Pakistan many Bunkers are mainly built under amountainof rock-solid granite. Some Bunkers are only manned in war time and other permanently:
Pakistanbunker.jpg

The M40 recoilless rifle is light enough for men to carry it. . ..so it can be installed very fast in the prepared Bunkers, while in the mountains it can be transported by man and also by mulls:

transported by man:
301.jpg

transported by mulls:
army-horses-mules_pack_01_700.jpg

The recoilless are mounted on a bunker top or inside. A Gun in this Bunkers can provide indirect fire support to the infantry.
294.jpg

If it is installed on the Top of a hill, the hill will be steep and defendable against a ground attack. Many artillery installations have historically been protected by extensive bunker systems. While the own Troops are concreted in this Bunkers, hardened to protect against small-arms fire and grenades and they are raised to improve the field of fire withloopholesthrough which the Pakistani Troops are able to bring direct and deadly fire on attacking infantry with weapons like the M-40 106mm Gun, MG-3 light machine gun or the 12.7mm heavy machine gun.All Pakistani Gun-Bunkers are often well camouflaged in order to conceal their location and to maximize the element of surprise.
A round is detonated, there is a massive (and loud!) gaseous explosion out the back of the main chamber. This makes for a huge blast, but it imposes much LESS recoil to knock the piece out of position or alignment.
1148998_139208926289473_148065055_n.jpg

Last edited:
The M40 106mm gun is Not only anti-tankweapon but also but also antipersonnel. So yes it can be a effective DEFENCE weapons in a Pak-Indo war.

I'll take some of the posts to a Summary and post some more details......

The recoilless guns which are made in Pakistan (ca. 1000-1500 Guns were produced by Pakistan Ordanance Factory) are outdated weapons against Indian T-90 Tank Regiments, but perfect for Pakistani Bunkers along the LOC and in the mountainwarfare !

Pakistan Army is already using this gun's extensively in mountain warfare:
View attachment 11894 View attachment 11895

India and Pakistan have build along the LOC since years thousands of pill Boxes, Bunkers, and trenches. In the Kashmir area of Pakistan many Bunkers are mainly built under amountainof rock-solid granite. Some Bunkers are only manned in war time and other permanently:
View attachment 11896

The M40 recoilless rifle is light enough for men to carry it. . ..so it can be installed very fast in the prepared Bunkers, while in the mountains it can be transported by man and also by mulls:

transported by man:
View attachment 11897

transported by mulls:
View attachment 11898

The recoilless are mounted on a bunker top or inside. A Gun in this Bunkers can provide indirect fire support to the infantry.
View attachment 11899
If it is installed on the Top of a hill, the hill will be steep and defendable against a ground attack. Many artillery installations have historically been protected by extensive bunker systems. While the own Troops are concreted in this Bunkers, hardened to protect against small-arms fire and grenades and they are raised to improve the field of fire withloopholesthrough which the Pakistani Troops are able to bring direct and deadly fire on attacking infantry with weapons like the M-40 106mm Gun, MG-3 light machine gun or the 12.7mm heavy machine gun.All Pakistani Gun-Bunkers are often well camouflaged in order to conceal their location and to maximize the element of surprise.
A round is detonated, there is a massive (and loud!) gaseous explosion out the back of the main chamber. This makes for a huge blast, but it imposes much LESS recoil to knock the piece out of position or alignment.
View attachment 11900
Thanks for the details....Please tell me what is the rate of fire of M-40 106mm Gun.

Plus how can it be useful in a CSD scenario in deserts against enemy Armour, APCs and against enemy Close Air Support..

Plus how can it be useful in a CSD scenario in deserts against enemy Armour, APCs and against enemy Close Air Support..

Thanks for the details....Please tell me what is the rate of fire of M-40 106mm Gun.

• What is a "CSD" ?
    • how you want deploy this weapon in the desert ? Mounted on a jeep ? or installed in a prepared trench and Bunker ?
    • Is the Gun still at the frontline ? or have we to transport it to the frontline ?
    • How discipline is the Gun crew in camouflaging ?
    • Is the battle along a street, river, village ?
    • Have the Troops the support of a air defence capability like Anza MANPAD crews ?
Here is a little impression of the desert war WW2

Why are you asking about the Role of the M40 106mm in the desert ? We have better Anti Tank weapons for the open fields in the desert for example the Bakthar Shikan. I will post later a detailed post about the M-40 106mm Gun in the Pakistan India war scenario.......

Last edited:

• What is a "CSD" ?
    • how you want deploy this weapon in the desert ? Mounted on a jeep ? or installed in a prepared trench and Bunker ?
    • Is the Gun still at the frontline ? or have we to transport it to the frontline ?
    • How discipline is the Gun crew in camouflaging ?
    • Is the battle along a street, river, village ?
    • Have the Troops the support of a air defence capability like Anza MANPAD crews ?
Here is a little impression of the desert war WW2

Why are you asking about the Role of the M40 106mm in the desert ? We have better Anti Tank weapons for the open fields in the desert for example the Bakthar Shikan. I will post later a detailed post about the M-40 106mm Gun in the Pakistan India war scenario.......
What is the ROF of such field guns specially M-40 106mm??

M-40 is not a field gun but was build as a Anti Tank gun ! You did not notice my questions in the post #442 ? or you dont want answer them ?
I thought yr the expert as u have literally given me all the knowledge.Well if u really want my answers on that then my answers about them will be really basic ones keeping in view the knowledge i have or my father told me abt their use and what i read abt them her and other internet sources.But im actually interested in the technical aspects in tactical use of these 106mm or other low caliber guns in the modern warfare scenarios keeping in mind the general impressions we get that they r mostly obsolete referring to one of my previous posts where i said we r certainly not expecting them to successfully take out the likes of Arjuns r we? directing their possible use in Desert warfare in today's Cold Start Doctrine of Indian Army where a Brigade sized Armour Columns will cross the borders into our terrority and will gain as such ground as they can before cease fire or international pressure is exerted on them. This war will be a very short one and may last a week or two....

Regarding their use in Mountains;

I actually asked abt ROF because they r used in Azad Kashmir and i even know AJK Regiment and NLI r trained specially with how to use that and how to avoid/dodge them while in offensive.......But when my father was posted in Punch /Rawalakot(Satwal post near Abbaspoor Village) sector during his carrier he used to say that these guns r rather used to ''scare off the monkey'' or Fire suppression roles (because of their punch) to give an enemy a killer blow rather then really kill the enemy and defend against an enemy offensive(Referring to Kargil conflict..The successful defence of Tiger Hill against Indian Grenadier and Sikh battalions where Sepoy Lalik Jan N.H. was deployed and died) as its ROF was rather low and LMGs or a fixed HMGs(like in bunkers) r more effective to successfully kill the enemy while defending our posts....thats one of the reasons why G-3 was not a weapon of choice for NLI and AJK but rather preferred AK series or LMG deployed in High Altitude cold mountains.G-3 (as we all know) has many faults and gets un controllable in full burst mode and used to get jammed more often in those harsh conditions and with single shot mode its ROF was significantly reduced......

So keeping in view the above ROF will matter most when the enemy will be in yr range(considering there is a lot of cover for troops in the dense forests and thick vegetation so when they r in range its the best chance for u to take them out) or from a camouflaged bunker/posts where 106mm is deployed and yr tactic will be to surprise the enemy by ambushing it as soon as the attacking party comes in range and full view.

In my view personally modified anti A/C guns r best for this role as indians on their side have also deployed them. Then there is an Int. law which prohibits that....But then in the end who give a f**k when yr enemy is already using it against u and yr sole purpose to defend motherland.

Last edited:
I thought yr the expert as u have literally given me all the knowledge.Well if u really want my answers on that then my answers about them will be really basic ones keeping in view the knowledge i have or my father told me abt their use and what i read abt them her and other internet sources.But im actually interested in the technical aspects in tactical use of these 106mm or other low caliber guns in the modern warfare scenarios keeping in mind the general impressions we get that they r mostly obsolete referring to one of my previous posts where i said we r certainly not expecting them to successfully take out the likes of Arjuns r we? directing their possible use in Desert warfare in today's Cold Start Doctrine of Indian Army where a Brigade sized Armour Columns will cross the borders into our terrority and will gain as such ground as they can before cease fire or international pressure is exerted on them. This war will be a very short one and may last a week or two....

Regarding their use in Mountains;

I actually asked abt ROF because they r used in Azad Kashmir and i even know AJK Regiment and NLI r trained specially with how to use that and how to avoid/dodge them while in offensive.......But when my father was posted in Punch /Rawalakot(Satwal post near Abbaspoor Village) sector during his carrier he used to say that these guns r rather used to ''scare off the monkey'' or Fire suppression roles (because of their punch) to give an enemy a killer blow rather then really kill the enemy and defend against an enemy offensive(Referring to Kargil conflict..The successful defence of Tiger Hill against Indian Grenadier and Sikh battalions where Sepoy Lalik Jan N.H. was deployed and died) as its ROF was rather low and LMGs or a fixed HMGs(like in bunkers) r more effective to successfully kill the enemy while defending our posts....thats one of the reasons why G-3 was not a weapon of choice for NLI and AJK but rather preferred AK series or LMG deployed in High Altitude cold mountains.G-3 (as we all know) has many faults and gets un controllable in full burst mode and used to get jammed more often in those harsh conditions and with single shot mode its ROF was significantly reduced......

So keeping in view the above ROF will matter most when the enemy will be in yr range(considering there is a lot of cover for troops in the dense forests and thick vegetation so when they r in range its the best chance for u to take them out) or from a camouflaged bunker/posts where 106mm is deployed and yr tactic will be to surprise the enemy by ambushing it as soon as the attacking party comes in range and full view.

In my view personally modified anti A/C guns r best for this role as indians on their side have also deployed them. Then there is an Int. law which prohibits that....But then in the end who give a f**k when yr enemy is already using it against u and yr sole purpose to defend motherland.

Well Brother you did answer all your questions by your own, your post #446 gives a exelent information about the M40 106mm Gun in the service of Pakistan Army.

The second option is the offensive option:

"cheap solution to give the M113 crew close firesupport"​

When our M-113 will open the backdoors and our Infantry will run against the indian infantry lines,Bunkers,trenches............they will need a huge fire power.
Normaly the crew of a Pakistani M-113 has a MG3-LMG Soldier, a RPG-7 Soldier, a 60mm Mortar operater and the 12.7mm AA board gun of the M-113..........but this are low range weapons compared to the equipment of our indian friends:

The Indian BMP-2 weapons:
  • A new two-man turret armed with the 2A42 30 mm autocannon and the 9P135M ATGM launcher capable of firing SACLOS guided 9M111 "Fagot" (AT-4 Spigot), 9M113 "Konkurs" (AT-5 Spandrel) and 9M113M "Konkurs-M" (AT-5B Spandrel B) anti-tank missiles

A Indian BMP-2
Indian_Army_BMP-2.jpg

While our indian friends have a true IFV with heavy weapons on board
The Pakistan Army lacks of a true IFV.............the Pakistan M113 should not only bring the troops "safe" in to the battlefield but also provide firepower !
The CHEAP and economic Solution here would be also to add the M40 106mm Gun on the APC. I think the Soldiers would be very thankfull to have close fire support from such a weapon during a battle.
118scaleRCM113GAVINwith106mmRR.jpg
2449_rn.jpg

I dont know why the Army did never brought the M-113 106mm Version in full service....? Why this "BATAR" programm stopped ? ..........

m113b.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistan MBTs: 350+ AL KHALIDs, 320 T-80UDs, 200 T-85IIAPs, 250 Type 69s, 500 Type 59s/ALZARAR, 100 T-60/63 light
AIFVs and APCs: 800 M-113s, HAMZAs, 140 AL FAHDs, 500+ TALHAs, 120 BTR-70s
Production of AL KHALID MBTs continues towards a stated goal of
600 tanks.

Defence IQ

Back
Top Bottom