What's new

Pakistan Army helicopter makes crash landing in Haripur

Iron_Eagle_17

Reaction score
Just heard another heli crash near tarbela flight engg killed.
News coming on ARY.

Last edited:
R.I.P.

Was it due to technical issues or was the chopper targetted?

Tarbella:Army heli crashes at a air base near qai pur...air base surrounded by army personel.
flight eng masood shaheed,2 majors and 2 soldiers severly injured and being shifted to C.M.H.
Inallilah e wa inailiy rhaajaoon.
Rest in peace and may ALLAH give patience to there families.

An MI-17 Crash landed near Tarbela due to a technical snag, an engineer on board attained shahdat. May his soul rest in piece.

welll i hope pak army should consider chinkook,black hawk,NH 90 after this mess

ptld instead of giving lists and repling to others i think we should pay our respect to the Fallen martyrs.Thanks

Inna lillah wa inna 'ilayhi raji'un
To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.

Please share any details as they become available.
welll i hope pak army should consider chinkook,black hawk,NH 90 after this mess
No piece of engineering is 100% fail-proof, which includes all the choppers you mentioned. Mi-17s are the work-horse of PAA, and they love them. Mi-17s are performing an admirable role in the ongoing operations, and technical failures can't always be foreseen. The PAA should acquire even more Mi-17s if possible (in addition to the 4 acquired recently), to distribute the work-load and increase the capabilities without having to absorb and utilize an entirely new and much more expensive platform. Same goes for the Cobra.

ptld instead of giving lists and repling to others i think we should pay our respect to the Fallen martyrs.Thanks
We should pay our respects, yes, but there is nothing wrong with discussing the reason of the crash. Our Russian friend ptldM3 was simply coming to the aid of his engineers, which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Inna Lilla Hai Wa Inna Ellaihi Raji'oon

Rest in Peace

Inna Lilla Hai Wa Inna Ellaihi Raji'oon..
May the soul Rest in Peace..

But the Issue is serious now wat i have just gathered from Wikipedia is :

1# July 4, 2009 A Pakistan Army Mi-17 carrying military personnel crashed in Orakzai Agency due to technical fault. Though there was a rumor that it was hit by Taliban but facts showed that it developed a technical fault resulting in crash.

2# October 25, 2009 A Mi-17 of the Pakistan Army crashed in a security forces controlled area of the Bajaur Agency's Nawagai tehsil after supplying fuel and rations to a remote military post, killing 3 personnel of the Frontier Corps, and injuring the pilot, the co-pilot and 4 others. Cause of the crash was the development of a technical fault.

and its the 3rd time now.. More than 70 Countries Use the Same bird.. but still its third time at same place..what could be the reason..!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-17

Inna Lilla Hai Wa Inna Ellaihi Raji'oon

Rest in Peace

May the soldiers RIP.
God give strength and support to the family.

Back
Top Bottom