What's new

Pakistan Army has Tank Jamming Technology

Here is answer
Akkor APS from Turkey ............... developed by Aselsan ............... Hard Kill+ Soft Kill ............... 360 degree coverage by using four radar units ...............projectile is shot down by Munition shot from dual launchers...........

Ideal for AK2 .............. if we are developing one................

View attachment 296126
View attachment 296127

Heard about defence co-operation aimed at large so wish for the same as well and the same looks feasible and interesting indeed. IMO

Russians Shtora APS on T80

View attachment 296119
Its not Shtora, its just IR light for illumination.

Guys, came across this old piece of news which i found quite interesting, can some one shed more light on this capability.
@Irfan Baloch @lcarus @Xeric @DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan

MULTAN: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visited Muzaffargarh Ranges on Tuesday to witness the concluding summer exercises.

The Pakistan armed forces successfully experimented with the technique of jamming movement of tanks and using laser technology in modern warfare. ‘Enemy’ tanks were tracked and jammed through centrally controlled laser technology via wireless supervision and monitoring.

The workout was held in reply to the recent exercises conducted by the Indian armed forces and after comprehensive deliberation by the research and strategic division of the Pakistan armed forces.
Probably they mean something like this system on Chinese type 99 tank:

Located on the turret roof is the electro-optical countermeasures suite just behind the gunners hatch. The system has laser warning receiver (LWR) with a box-shape active laser self-defence weapon (LSDW). The powerful LSDW is capable of disrupting the enemy's missile laser/infrared guidance signal. It can also disable the enemy's optics and can damage the enemy gunner's eyesight.

As far as i know we are not fighting against Afghanistan , however maybe you should worry about what's happening in IOK than blabbering off topic nonsense .

The member Bratva has answered everything !

I think they means jamming of enemy tanks sensors for some time to make it a sitting duck to destroy by missile. In addition to jamming technology can also blind enemy missile.

To all those who are getting there hopes up. You need to calm your chests. Because Pakistan has Passive Jamming systems on tanks as @Tipu7 pointed out. But scoot over to Syrain war thread, Russian tanks have these Jamming systems and despite that TOW-2 are destroying their tanks.

@500 and @Penguin had discussed in detail in Anti tank thread somewhere in land warfare thread that this type of jamming is totally useless against ATGM. only active jamming systems like like the one isralies are using will be effective against all kinds of threat.
I can see how TOW would be hitting Russian tanks. Passive self-protection methods are meant to bury a laser lock from an enemy pod or designator, which could affect a laser-guided ATGM's accuracy. But this tech can't do much to a TOW, which is optically wire-guided (which means you'd have to somehow mess up the launch platform).

I agree with your point. For TOW as well as mmW ATGMs (especially the Brimstone, which has an *active* mmW-seeker), active self-protection via physically intercepting the missile is the way forward.

To all those who are getting there hopes up. You need to calm your chests. Because Pakistan has Passive Jamming systems on tanks as @Tipu7 pointed out. But scoot over to Syrain war thread, Russian tanks have these Jamming systems and despite that TOW-2 are destroying their tanks.

@500 and @Penguin had discussed in detail in Anti tank thread somewhere in land warfare thread that this type of jamming is totally useless against ATGM. only active jamming systems like like the one isralies are using will be effective against all kinds of threat.
No, I've not said it is totally useless. I've discussed whether a certain passive jamming system would work against a certain ATGW (with a particular guidance system) Please do not put words in my mouth, things I didn't say.

I can see how TOW would be hitting Russian tanks. Passive self-protection methods are meant to bury a laser lock from an enemy pod or designator, which could affect a laser-guided ATGM's accuracy. But this tech can't do much to a TOW, which is optically wire-guided (which means you'd have to somehow mess up the launch platform).

I agree with your point. For TOW as well as mmW ATGMs (especially the Brimstone, which has an *active* mmW-seeker), active self-protection via physically intercepting the missile is the way forward.
Thats one side view of picture.its intresting to see how anti tank missiles syrians are using against infantry! Direct hits shown in recent RT vedio.Seems its better to use ATM against infantry persons as compare to artillery or projectiles.hope army learn from this.i remove the link,as it shows direct hits

The link is not working, besides how did you know since you only allegedly joined yesterday. !!

Allegedly anyone doesnt need to join defpk to read posts and threads,you have been here long time allegedly so allegedly you should know better than that and welcome to pak army thread from paf mr (hawa munjamind kerny wala) warm welcome from your greatest admirer :chilli:

Electro optical systems of Tank can be jammed by using lasers, but lasers cannot jam the engine of Tank.........

I think that is the right explanation. You mess up with the laser range finder of the tank and its effectiveness does down.

People who don't know about military stuff will write such kind of articles.

And the videos shows something which we are seeing recently on the Syrian armored vehicles to jam enemy ATGMs.

Allegedly anyone doesnt need to join defpk to read posts and threads,you have been here long time allegedly so allegedly you should know better than that and welcome to pak army thread from paf mr (hawa munjamind kerny wala) warm welcome from your greatest admirer :chilli:

Thanks for the warm welcome, true there are thousands of Guests on PDF, but it's also allegedly, likely and obviously true that there are many here with fake and double IDs ......you in fact are indirectly admitting that.:D

Last edited:
Here is answer
Akkor APS from Turkey ............... developed by Aselsan ............... Hard Kill+ Soft Kill ............... 360 degree coverage by using four radar units ...............projectile is shot down by Munition shot from dual launchers...........

Ideal for AK2 .............. if we are developing one................

View attachment 296126
View attachment 296127

If wishes were horses.

We had already rolled back number of planned updates on AK-1 which was to be displayed in IDEAS 2014 but program hit snags and pushed back further to IDEAS 2016. So it seems impossible we will introduce something on AK-2 if planners ever decide to upgrade AK-1 further beyond 2020.

Thanks for the warm welcome, true there are thousands of Guests on PDF, but it's also allegedly, likely and obviously true that there are many here with fake and double IDs ......you in fact are
indirectly admitting that.:D

No I am the same guy who u keep getting banned and who keeps comming back with a new name by the way thanks for the reply I am honored

You are welcome ,respect :-)

If wishes were horses.

We had already rolled back number of planned updates on AK-1 which was to be displayed in IDEAS 2014 but program hit snags and pushed back further to IDEAS 2016. So it seems impossible we will introduce something on AK-2 if planners ever decide to upgrade AK-1 further beyond 2020.
What AK-2? :D

Back
Top Bottom