What's new

Pakistan Army has Tank Jamming Technology

it is most probably atgm jamming tech miss-reported as tank jammer.not even usa or russia can claim to have such tech so pak having it seem far fetched.

The link is not working, besides how did you know since you only allegedly joined yesterday. !!
Yes joined yesterday ..
I saw the thread while searching in google
You have to add . between defence and pk.

it is most probably atgm jamming tech miss-reported as tank jammer.not even usa or russia can claim to have such tech so pak having it seem far fetched.
What do you know about the capabilities of USA and Russia much less about Pakistan..... many countries acquire certain technologies but utilising and executing it successfully is not every ones cup of tea.

These are all fantasies by Pak forum members. They know that can't win a war against Afghanistan. Just smoking pot and day dreaming of winning , which generation failed to achieve.

As far as i know we are not fighting against Afghanistan , however maybe you should worry about what's happening in IOK than blabbering off topic nonsense .

So what does this involve....what Tipu7 explained or the ATGM jamming.
ATGM jamming is different thing. It require Active protection system which can disrupt the command/target given to a ATGM by its operator..... it's called Soft Kill ability. Russian Shtora and Ukrainian Varta are prime examples......
And I believe same Active protection system give tank ability to disrupt Electro optics systems of enemy tank I mentioned before............... so it has dual purpose...............

Russians Shtora APS on T90

T-90-ET 3rdG.jpg

Russians Shtora APS on T80

195371__russian-armed-forces-t-80-tank_p.jpg

Ukrainian Varta APS on T84

211512__t-84-the-bulwark-of-the-tank-ukraine-armor_p.jpg

Ukrainian Varta APS on Al Khalid I

Al Khalid 1 with APS.png

You can see ''glazing eyes'' here .............................. this is sign that APS is active

3-t90s-tank.jpg

But there is issue.................... Pakistani AlKhalid I are armed with Varta APS ............... but in Video T80UD were shown ................ does it mean Pakistani T80UD tanks were also updated with Varta System? Because it is very easy to arm a T80 with Varta/Shtora APS system....................

nah
not this one...................

To all those who are getting there hopes up. You need to calm your chests. Because Pakistan has Passive Jamming systems on tanks as @Tipu7 pointed out. But scoot over to Syrain war thread, Russian tanks have these Jamming systems and despite that TOW-2 are destroying their tanks.

@500 and @Penguin had discussed in detail in Anti tank thread somewhere in land warfare thread that this type of jamming is totally useless against ATGM. only active jamming systems like like the one isralies are using will be effective against all kinds of threat.

To all those who are getting there hopes up. You need to calm your chests. Because Pakistan has Passive Jamming systems on tanks as @Tipu7 pointed out. But scoot over to Syrain war thread, Russian tanks have these Jamming systems and despite that TOW-2 are destroying their tanks.

@500 and @Penguin had discussed in detail in Anti tank thread somewhere in land warfare thread that this type of jamming is totally useless against ATGM. only active jamming systems like like the one isralies are using will be effective against all kinds of threat.
Does out T80UD also have Passive Jamming System? Are they armed with Varta?

Second-generation semi-automatically command guided SACLOS missiles require the operator to only keep the sights on the target until impact. Automatic guidance commands are sent to the missile through wires or radio, or the missile relies on laser marking or a TV camera view from the nose of the missile. Examples are the Russian 9M133 Kornet and the American Hellfire I missiles. Again the operator must remain stationary during the missile's flight.

Third-generation guidance systems rely on a laser, electro-optical imager (IIR) seeker or a W band radar seeker in the nose of the missile. Once the target is identified the missile needs no further guidance during flight; it is "fire-and-forget", and the missile operator is free to retreat. However, fire-and-forget missiles are more subject to electronic countermeasures than MCLOS and SACLOS missiles. Examples include the Russian Vikhr, German PARS 3 LR, Israeli LAHAT and Spike and the Indian Nag.

Source: Anti Tank Missiles

Last edited:
Does out T80UD also have Passive Jamming System? Are they armed with Varta?

Second-generation semi-automatically command guided SACLOS missiles require the operator to only keep the sights on the target until impact. Automatic guidance commands are sent to the missile through wires or radio, or the missile relies on laser marking or a TV camera view from the nose of the missile. Examples are the Russian 9M133 Kornet and the American Hellfire I missiles. Again the operator must remain stationary during the missile's flight.

Third-generation guidance systems rely on a laser, electro-optical imager (IIR) seeker or a W band radar seeker in the nose of the missile. Once the target is identified the missile needs no further guidance during flight; it is "fire-and-forget", and the missile operator is free to retreat. However, fire-and-forget missiles are more subject to electronic countermeasures than MCLOS and SACLOS missiles. Examples include the Russian Vikhr, German PARS 3 LR, Israeli LAHAT and Spike and the Indian Nag.

Source: Anti Tank Missiles

I dont think so. Due to budget restraints, Only Upgraded variants of AL Khalid got the Passive jamming systems most probably.

You are forgetting one crucial details. The passive jamming systems are not a 360 degree systems. At any given instance they are covering only the 60-90 degree front sector. They are vulnerable from sides, backside and especially from the top. And all the Third gen ATGM are top attack missiles meaning they will go up and take an aim at top of turret, so there is a no chance in hell they can get jammed by passive systems

Hence the need for Active protection systems that destroy the projectiles physically.

Hi,
The Syrians are not fully trained to use such systems. In the only video available on the internet where a T-90 was attacked with TOW , it wasn't destroyed. Even though the Shtora was allegedly turned off. The ATGM slid off the turret and couldnt penetrate the armor. Please share any info to the contrary if possible.

Btw, It is highly unlikely that such a system can affect the engine. Most likely will disrupt the targeting and range-finding systems. I'd assume that's good enough in most cases. Since if you can disrupt enemy's targeting capability for a while, the enemy becomes vulnerable to attack.

I dont think so. Due to budget restraints, Only Upgraded variants of AL Khalid got the Passive jamming systems most probably.

You are forgetting one crucial details. The passive jamming systems are not a 360 degree systems. At any given instance they are covering only the 60-90 degree front sector. They are vulnerable from sides, backside and especially from the top. And all the Third gen ATGM are top attack missiles meaning they will go up and take an aim at top of turret, so there is a no chance in hell they can get jammed by passive systems

Hence the need for Active protection systems that destroy the projectiles physically.
Here is answer
Akkor APS from Turkey ............... developed by Aselsan ............... Hard Kill+ Soft Kill ............... 360 degree coverage by using four radar units ...............projectile is shot down by Munition shot from dual launchers...........

Ideal for AK2 .............. if we are developing one................

p1646315.jpg

87c74d1e.jpg

Also, in the video, at 00:38 if you look closely, the system looks much closer to a 360 degree solution. at-least an attempt at that.

Back
Top Bottom