What's new

Pakistan Army deploys Shahpar II Armed UAV in Balochistan to hunt down militants

with recent development towards unified c3 infra why does it matter who "owns" the drone, at the end of the day bad guys die ...

Sir Haseeb Paracha yaad a gaye ... "kissi ku zarb paray woh mairay bain hath sai paray ya dain hath sai uss sai kia farkh parhta hai"

Any indication these drones are being equipped with Persistent Wide area Surveillance systems?; to track back the origin of these attacks as well as follow the miscreants that come to see what happened to their commanders as in the first post of this thread.

PAF ISR drones with these capabilities could get inside the OODA loop for the miscreants faster and hand off targeting data to the armed PA drones, speeding up the kill chain.

This is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for the share.

Who then operates the drones? Army Aviation? (Unlikely)

Or has a new unit been raised?
SPD to me makes no sense at all. Army aviation unit needs to be expanded and a full drone and uav force needs to be integrated with it. Also I hope soon we see Shahpar II with new engine which can carry at least 4 missiles.

with recent development towards unified c3 infra why does it matter who "owns" the drone, at the end of the day bad guys die ...

Sir Haseeb Paracha yaad a gaye ... "kissi ku zarb paray woh mairay bain hath sai paray ya dain hath sai uss sai kia farkh parhta hai"

Just a point of discussion, nothing more.

After all, that's what people come for on a defence forum, no?

So how many Shahpar II does Army aviation have in service? just one or more? Any idea how many they want to buy in the next few years? thanks!

SPD to me makes no sense at all. Army aviation unit needs to be expanded and a full drone and uav force needs to be integrated with it. Also I hope soon we see Shahpar II with new engine which can carry at least 4 missiles.
SPD is incharge of drone from R&D to being handed over the end customer branch , its likely in this case the PAA operates the UAV similar to how Burraq has been operated.

It should be able to carry 4 missiles albeit smaller ones in the class of AR-2,MAM-L without necessarily a new engine.
With this and complete composite airframe and RAM could be great for SEAD/DEAD type missions.

Back
Top Bottom