BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Press Release
PakArmedForces.png

No PR-70/2018-ISPR Dated: February 15, 2018
Rawalpindi - February 15, 2018:
In continuation of ongoing Pak-KSA bilateral security cooperation, Pakistan Army contingent is being sent to KSA on training and advise mission. These or troops already there will not be employed outside KSA. Pak Army maintains bilateral security cooperation with many other GCC / regional countries.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

As long as we don't get involved in the Yemen war.

Asalamu Alaikum

To be honest, what's the harm in helping them? It will only strengthen our ties with them, and stop some of them from feeling so sour.

We don't even need to play a major role. Just send some ships to help in the blockade, sell some munitions, launch a few airstrikes, etc.

Asalamu Alaikum

To be honest, what's the harm in helping them? It will only strengthen our ties with them, and stop some of them from feeling so sour.

We don't even need to play a major role. Just send some ships to help in the blockade, sell some munitions, launch a few airstrikes, etc.
Wailakulaslam

There's every harm in helping them. Let me get a few common points out of the way first:

(1) Iran. Yes, I know that Iran is not a friendly country but we can't have another front open with us by fighting in the Iran/Saudia proxy wars. We share a border with them this a danger path to tread.
(2) We are not a mercenary army. This is about respecting a security pact signed in 1982 between Saudia and Pakistan. Which means we protect them in case they get attacked. This is an offensive war and Saudia can bloody well fight them on their own.
(3) Humanity. As a muslim this should be your primary concern should it not? We all know what's going in Yemen not to mention famine. The west may be happy to support their Zionist masters along with Al saud's but we bloody well should not be happy about it. Let alone support it.

We don't need to play ANY role. A blockade will further strengthen the famine that's happening all across Yemen. We are not Saudia's slaves as many seem to think around here. What you've advocated in the last few lines isn't even a 'minor role'. A few airstrikes, munitions and a blockade is a pretty major role. We get involved in this there's no coming back and we'll probably have to send manpower there. We already have problems with Afghanistan border and India and you want to send more Pakistani soldiers into a war of another country? Kuch sharam karo.

Wailakulaslam

There's every harm in helping them. Let me get a few common points out of the way first:

(1) Iran. Yes, I know that Iran is not a friendly country but we can't have another front open with us by fighting in the Iran/Saudia proxy wars. We share a border with them this a danger path to tread.
(2) We are not a mercenary army. This is about respecting a security pact signed in 1982 between Saudia and Pakistan. Which means we protect them in case they get attacked. This is an offensive war and Saudia can bloody well fight them on their own.
(3) Humanity. As a muslim this should be your primary concern should it not? We all know what's going in Yemen not to mention famine. The west may be happy to support their Zionist masters along with Al saud's but we bloody well should not be happy about it. Let alone support it.

We don't need to play ANY role. A blockade will further strengthen the famine that's happening all across Yemen. We are not Saudia's slaves as many seem to think around here. What you've advocated in the last few lines isn't even a 'minor role'. A few airstrikes, munitions and a blockade is a pretty major role. We get involved in this there's no coming back and we'll probably have to send manpower there. We already have problems with Afghanistan border and India and you want to send more Pakistani soldiers into a war of another country? Kuch sharam karo.

1. Iran is giving Hindustan Chabahar port, and are causing trouble across the Middle East. I couldn't care less what they think, especially when they don't have the capability to attack us.

2. The Houthis have technically attacked Arabia.

3. The Saudis have been a little heavy handed, and they aren't exactly receiving help from righteous sources, but I agree with their goal of supporting the Yemeni government.

Ground forces shouldn't be used, but I see no harm in a few airstrikes and using some of our sea power.

1. Iran is giving Hindustan Chabahar port, and are causing trouble across the Middle East. I couldn't care less what they think, especially when they don't have the capability to attack us.

2. The Houthis have technically attacked Arabia.

3. The Saudis have been a little heavy handed, and they aren't exactly receiving help from righteous sources, but I agree with their goal of supporting the Yemeni government.

Ground forces shouldn't be used, but I see no harm in a few airstrikes and using some of our sea power.
So you have said nothing to dispute my points except the fact that you want Pakistan to fight Saudi's war like a little loyal dog?

So you have said nothing to dispute my points except the fact that you want Pakistan to fight Saudi's war like a little loyal dog?

Fighting like their dog would be doing all the work for them.

All I'm saying is provide a small amount of support, which would just be a symbolic gesture rather than making a significant difference.

Fighting like their dog would be doing all the work for them.

All I'm saying is provide a small amount of support, which would just be a diplomatic gesture rather than making a significant difference.
Why should we? Is this our war? Where the hell are the diplomatic gestures from Saudia for Pakistan?

They funded our nuclear programme, and many Pakistanis work there.
First one is a lie as far as am I concerned. This has been a rumour for a long time with no actual proof to back up the claim. And so what? A lot of pakistanis work in the UK too. Point is, we are holding up our end of the deal with the security pact to defend Saudia if they are under attack and no matter how much anyone tries to push the narrative that the Houthis attacked them it is simply not true. This is between Iran and Saudi, not us. Our parliament has said no to the Yemen war and even our army representative has said no to the troops leaving Saudi borders in this announcement.

First one is a lie as far as am I concerned. This has been a rumour for a long time with no actual proof to back up the claim. And so what? A lot of pakistanis work in the UK too. Point is, we are holding up our end of the deal with the security pact to defend Saudia if they are under attack and no matter how much anyone tries to push the narrative that the Houthis attacked them it is simply not true. This is between Iran and Saudi, not us. Our parliament has said no to the Yemen war and even our army representative has said no to the troops leaving Saudi borders in this announcement.

Meh. It's not a major issue to me whether or not Pakistan helps. It's just my opinion that it would be a good idea.

Meh. It's not a major issue to me whether or not Pakistan helps. It's just my opinion that it would be a good idea.
Yes and that's fine but I strongly disagree with that and most of the country also seems to do so. But yes holding up the security pact is essential.

Saudis are killing civilians in yemen in thousands. A year or so back they attacked a wedding killing hundreds. Weapons are sold by americans.
Its not about iran. Its about muslims killing muslims with western backing. Its horrible and we must stay away from it. Terrible decision to train and advise those who are killing civilians and have created a famine by blockade.

Back
Top Bottom