What's new

Pakistan Army commits treason in Presidents Office

Has Alvi named the Military Secretary? Why not ? He is sitting in the chair of the President. If things actually happened as he said, he should have tweeted that the Bills were published in the Gazette illegally and don't have any constitutional validity instead of apologising to those affected. What he is alleging is an unprecedented subversion of the Constitution. Why is he using such soft language if things actually transpired as he alleges?

One explanation that I find credible is that since Alvi didn't sign the Bills and the Gazette says that the President was deemed to have assented, he probably did not expect such a backlash from the PTI. The media mischievously played the fake news that he had signed the Bills. Alvi was hoping to save his chair and ride both horses but the pressure from PTI was too much and he was forced to tweet a soft statement. If he was serious, he should have named people responsible and taken some actions to punish those responsible and reverse the publication of the Bills as laws.
But law doesn't work that way
Deemed ascent is constitutional term used when it's not necessary i.e second time when joint session sends it to president..it's not on first occasion
Just like how 2/3 majority can overturn president veto power in USA

Actually nobody cares what the constitution says...
Not PDM
Not Caretaker PM
Not Mil-establishment
It's a Free for All banana 🍌 Republic

Chief can be fired/Removed from his post by the PM.
Gul Hassan comes to mind
There are recent examples both by NS
I think we need still more drama so liberals can get some taste of PPPP democracy
May be what we need alvo forced to go home and asim munir being declared president followed by everyone clapping for him especially Raza rabbani

Can the president dismiss the army chief and ask the next high ranking core commander to arrest him? I mean in a normal country this should be possible but what about Pakistan?

But law doesn't work that way
Deemed ascent is constitutional term used when it's not necessary i.e second time when joint session sends it to president..it's not on first occasion
Just like how 2/3 majority can overturn president veto power in USA
I am not talking about deemed assent. I am talking about whether the President acted according to the Constitution. After the Bill is first sent, he has to either give his assent or return it with a message within 10 days. There is no third option. This is clearly stated in Article 75 (1). Neither of the two outcomes came to pass. Therefore, the President failed in his constitutional duty, whether because of betrayal by staff or some other reason.

Whether the Bills were legally passed is a separate issue that will now have to be decided by courts since the law is silent on what happens when the President sits on a Bill and neither assents or returns it to Parliament especially after the National Assembly has been dissolved. The responsibility for the constitutional crisis lies with the office of the President ( whether it was because of the President or his staff can only be determined after an investigation looks at all the evidence).

Can the president dismiss the army chief and ask the next high ranking core commander to arrest him? I mean in a normal country this should be possible but what about Pakistan?
Not in any parliamentary democracy. This power will be with the Prime Minister, not the President. A lower ranking officer cannot order the arrest of the chief. However, if the chief is dismissed, he becomes a civilian and a court can issue an arrest warrant for him.

I am not talking about deemed assent. I am talking about whether the President acted according to the Constitution. After the Bill is first sent, he has to either give his assent or return it with a message within 10 days. There is no third option. This is clearly stated in Article 75 (1). Neither of the two outcomes came to pass. Therefore, the President failed in his constitutional duty, whether because of betrayal by staff or some other reason.

Whether the Bills were legally passed is a separate issue that will now have to be decided by courts since the law is silent on what happens when the President sits on a Bill and neither assents or returns it to Parliament especially after the National Assembly has been dissolved. The responsibility for the constitutional crisis lies with the office of the President ( whether it was because of the President or his staff can only be determined after an investigation looks at all the evidence).

Not in any parliamentary democracy. This power will be with the Prime Minister, not the President. A lower ranking officer cannot order the arrest of the chief. However, if the chief is dismissed, he becomes a civilian and a court can issue an arrest warrant for him.
If president doesn't return it signed. It means unsigned it has to be sent again by the assembly

That's pretty clear

Nobody seems to be blaming Uncle Sam for designing all this political chaos. Only Imran Khan did and he is currently undergoing a brutal experience where he has been purged of all his powers, achievements, respect, and history, even though he had hired someone for PR in the United States to mend relations with the American policymakers.

It is almost 24 hours since the President's tweet. Why isn't he taking any action to reverse the publication of the Bills in the Gazette if he thinks they were passed illegally? Has he dismissed his staff ordered any inquiry, filed a complaint or written to the Supreme Court ?

Caz he knows he is wrong

Not in any parliamentary democracy. This power will be with the Prime Minister, not the President. A lower ranking officer cannot order the arrest of the chief. However, if the chief is dismissed, he becomes a civilian and a court can issue an arrest warrant for him
But there is no Parliament. Also as I understand the PM only advises president to do so, the decision lies with the president as supreme commander. Moreover there is no Parliament at the moment but a caretaker setup. So what will happen in that case. Clearly the president staff involving all military personnel were involved in the forgery and they acted under orders from the highest authority. A president office has been forged. What are his legal options other then going to a compromised SC?

Those pu$$ies sitting in GHQ will never impose martial law officially, because they are scared of sanctions and the international backlash. President has played his hand, let's see how the bad company responds to it.
only sanctions/backlash if martial law is not in interests of west

So once again we are in the courts. But president is immune to all judicial proceedings.

How will he appear in the court to prove his position?

Thanks for that interesting piece of history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gul_Hassan_Khan removal seems to have been an extraordinary event following the breakup of Pakistan. Has anyone else been removed under less extreme conditions?
Jahangir Karamat was forced to either resign or get dismissed I think.

Bacha Khan was a towering giant and Imran is a pigmy. I wouldn't speak about the two in the same breath.

"Pashtun"? Imran is a PUNJABI and maybe that's why he has been given so much freedoms!! A Zardari or Bugti or a Wali Khan or an Altaf would have been toast long time ago.

Haan bhai Imran k muqablai main to tumharai liye Abu Jehal bhi towering giant hoga

Yeh tum nahi tumharai andar ka jiyala bol raha hai. Hum samajh saktai hain

Immunity just means no proceedings can be initiated against the President. A case can always be filed on his behalf or on behalf of his office.

Resignation or dismissal of army chief at this stage is not on the cards at all.
But if he can't prove his point he might be facing sadiq and amin fiasco. So he has to go to the courts with full evidence as a judgment against him might label him as a liar. He may have to fight this battle whether he like it or not and win for PTIs sake.

Its him or his office he will have to give his statement and get cross questioned to be considered. As a president would he do it?

I have a hunch that all these cases and inquiries will go pending due to immunity of the president. These laws might get suspended by some court.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom