What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Z-19 Black Cyclone

A PLA Army Z-19 is shown here performing training exercise without any weapons. Z-19 is a light scout/attack helicopter based on H425 and developed by HAIG. The helicopter features a narrow fuselage and a tandem cockpit layout similar to those of Z-10 (see above), but with pilot sitting in the front seat and gunner in the back seat. Both crew are protected by shoulder armor plates, crash-resist seats and non-retractable front landing gears. It also features Z-9WA style nose mounted RWRs and an EO turret (FLIR, TV and laser range finder). In addition, an MMW phased array radar (from 14th Institute) was recently seen installed on top of the mast, suggesting the helicopter now is capable of attacking ground targets in bad weather conditions using improved KD-10 ATGM with an MMW seeker. Z-19 is thought to retain the same engine (WZ-8), transmission and rotor systems with minor modifications from H425 which speeds up the development. The helicopter can also carry the air-to-air and air-to-ground weapon package similar to that of Z-9WA under a pair stub wings, including KD-9 or KD-10 ATGMs (up to 8), PL-90 AAMs as well as 12.7 or 23mm gun pods and rocket lanchers. Some specifications: TO weight 4,500kg, empty weight 2,350kg, max cruising speed 245km/h, max climb rate 9m/s, range 700km, ceiling (no ground effect) 2,400m, endurance >3hr. Z-19 is expected to support the heavier Z-10 attack helicopter from Changhe in a high-low combination, replacing the earlier Z-9WA. It was reported that Z-19 prototype first flew in May 2010. However one prototype reportedly crashed on September 18, 2010. Currently Z-19 is in production and is entering service with the Army (S/N LH989xx, 929xx, 999xx).

- Last Updated 6/12/13

china's answer to the ALH.

993760_613397162023913_1776665187_n.jpg

Really PA should have negotiated well for AH-1 with US in 2002. Like ask about 31-51 of them and some great numbers of there spares as they have many AH-1s that can be used as spares and then give PAC the task to over haul Airframe and Engines and refit it with the latest avionics being bought from USA.

Although buying them for a reasonable cost from USA was the best idea. I am sure then we could have about 50-70 AH-1s/AH-1P in our inventory that can deployed like from Kashmir to Thar like 10 unit of them in 5-7 places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are Maroon Clicks? There is another group of PAA photographers named 'Lens & Moment'. Looks like our young officers are now becoming a part of social groups during their free time!

Who are Maroon Clicks? There is another group of PAA photographers named 'Lens & Moment'. Looks like our young officers are now becoming a part of social groups during their free time!

Maroon Clicks is another one I came across...don't know much about them. Lens & Moment isn't by an officer AFAIK, or am I wrong?

Maroon Clicks is another one I came across...don't know much about them. Lens & Moment isn't by an officer AFAIK, or am I wrong?

Lens & Moments is owned by someone from PAA. Will check out Maroon Clicks. After news leaked about some SAM systems, which you are aware about, the AF was very furious and strict online restrictions were imposed upon everyone and they weren't allowed to share details with anyone online or in person.

Lens & Moments is owned by someone from PAA. Will check out Maroon Clicks. After news leaked about some SAM systems, which you are aware about, the AF was very furious and strict online restrictions were imposed upon everyone and they weren't allowed to share details with anyone online or in person.

What SAM news?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom