What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Guys- the PA operates the IAR 330s- are there any plans to upgrade them with the SOCAT package?

Guys- the PA operates the IAR 330s- are there any plans to upgrade them with the SOCAT package?

I don't think so at the moment, no.

PAA has FLIR's on it's Mi-17's, and the cobras do the attack role to PA's satisfaction, and a further costly upgrade to SOCAT for the Puma's isn't really on the cards at the moment.

I don't think so at the moment, no.

PAA has FLIR's on it's Mi-17's, and the cobras do the attack role to PA's satisfaction, and a further costly upgrade to SOCAT for the Puma's isn't really on the cards at the moment.

Fair enough, I just thought that given the Russians aren't willing to give the weapons package to the PAA's MIL-17-V5s the SOCAT upg would provide some very lethal firepower for helos engaging in utility and support missions ie not dedicated gunships like Cobras.

Fair enough, I just thought that given the Russians aren't willing to give the weapons package to the PAA's MIL-17-V5s the SOCAT upg would provide some very lethal firepower for helos engaging in utility and support missions ie not dedicated gunships like Cobras.

Where you heard the bolded part? Just curious...

As I understand, PA never asked the Russian to give the Mil's a weapons package.

Where you heard the bolded part? Just curious...

As I understand, PA never asked the Russian to give the Mil's a weapons package.

I had heard this from a retd IAF officer who was the defence attache in Moscow fr 14 months in the mid-2000s. He tells me the Russians personally assured him that they would not be selling any offensive equipment to Pakistan that could be used to kill Indians. Although the MIL-17-V5 wan't specifically mentioned.

I had heard this from a retd IAF officer who was the defence attache in Moscow fr 14 months in the mid-2000s. He tells me the Russians personally assured him that they would not be selling any offensive equipment to Pakistan that could be used to kill Indians. Although the MIL-17-V5 wan't specifically mentioned.

Oh yeah...everybody knows about that commitment by the Russians to the Indians.

But I don't think that the PA really wants it's Mils in a offensive role with rockets and guns, or the Pumas. Cobras are doing it, backed up with Bell 412's/UH-1H.

BTW, I am pretty sure PA can make a system for a LMG on the rear door of a Mil, or a couple of rockets like Baktar Shikan on Mi-17.

With the long bow on the cards on Indian army, we need to atleast get our hands on few squadrons of twin engine cobra's. Battle proven and excellent performers.

72903_554842081194616_1873813752_n.jpg

^^was about to say the same ...two dark green Mi 17 just flew over the wapda town PIA society area...any thing special going on cuz its becoming frequent now days.

Two Army Mi-17s flying over Lahore

They were flying in relation to His Highness King Zardari visiting his estate in Bahria Town lahore.

They were providing aerial surveillance (naam ki) and ferrying protocol officers.

Then I think he also visited Data Darbar in a Mi-17, or was it AW139 (not sure about it).

They were flying in relation to His Highness King Zardari visiting his estate in Bahria Town lahore.

They were providing aerial surveillance (naam ki) and ferrying protocol officers.

Then I think he also visited Data Darbar in a Mi-17, or was it AW139 (not sure about it).

There are a few Dark Green - Grayish Green MI-17 in PA. Just like the Puma (above picture) & Bell-414.

There are a few Dark Green - Grayish Green MI-17 in PA. Just like the Puma (above picture) & Bell-414.

Well I haven't seen or heard of any Pak army Mi-17 having dark olive green colour scheme, only PAF has those.

Or has it come in the latest Mi-17's that have come, if any? I don't know if any new Mi-17's have come from any place.

Can you find any pics?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom