What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

544988_541382125873945_1695339978_n.jpg

Maybe some ceremony that's why there are plants and other stuff around?

When were these new camo ones inducted?

not new camo sir jee old Jordanian cobras you forget the story ?

Yeah I know about the Jordanian cobras, but the place where I got the pic from mentioned them as new!!!

Well that place was Facebook, so credibility goes out the drain!!!

Yeah I know about the Jordanian cobras, but the place where I got the pic from mentioned them as new!!!

Well that place was Facebook, so credibility goes out the drain!!!

no they were upgraded not new sir you are right abut credibility :rolleyes:

Scratch that, this pic is from before 2010.

Tarbela aviation base was used extensively during operation rah-i-rast. I think squadrons of AH-1F cobra helicopters, Bell 412 and MI-17 were temporarily placed there in May last year. On google earth, it seems not as a big base, rather an airstrip only. so permanently may not be occupied. However, being in closer to SSG HQ, a small flight of MI-17s may be stationed there as a quick reaction force, to ferry anywhere in the country.

why isn't Denel Rooivalk being considered?
We already have bought certain weapons from South Africa so why not consider this chopper?
As operational capability wise, this would be a much better choice as it shares engine and other components with PUMA, that's already in service.

I'm pretty sure Denel would be willing to upgrade the chopper according to PA needs.

denel_ah2_rooivalk_l6.jpg

why isn't Denel Rooivalk being considered?
We already have bought certain weapons from South Africa so why not consider this chopper?
As operational capability wise, this would be a much better choice as it shares engine and other components with PUMA, that's already in service.

I'm pretty sure Denel would be willing to upgrade the chopper according to PA needs.

Here's what I think why:
1)the Rooivalk is way too expensive when you compare it's unit cost with other gunships.Price/affordability and the possibility of "soft loans" from the sellers probably contribute a lot into the decision.
2)South Africa is way closer to India than us unfortunately, so Indian pressure can very much turn a possible arms deal into something ugly.
3)Sanctions,its pretty big ****** and a deal regarding the Rooivalk wont be safe from it.

are you not from pakistandefence.com the old forum ,if yes welcome ; I am Alkhalid-19 ;)

Glad to meet you once again. Its odd to be a lieutenant and Captain here after being Generals at PDF. Good old days!

A lot of flying and media coverage to grey coloured Huey IIs of Interior Ministry in Islamabad, did somebody notice machine gun fixed on the right door, dont have the pic!

A lot of flying and media coverage to grey coloured Huey IIs of Interior Ministry in Islamabad, did somebody notice machine gun fixed on the right door, dont have the pic!

Yea That's bell 412 i think so wtx so special in that if they have mounted the gun on one side?

Back
Top Bottom