What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Yea That's bell 412 i think so wtx so special in that if they have mounted the gun on one side?

Nope.

That was a UH-1H of the Cabinet division operated from Isl Heliport near Sports Complex.
@Blackpearl, it was the same heli we saw in that Ramsha Maseeh case, the MG was mounted there as well and we discussed that in the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea That's bell 412 i think so wtx so special in that if they have mounted the gun on one side?

Because, before 2001 not a single Pakistan Helicopter had a board gun, which was very stupid, but the Army did get his lessons since the war against the so called " Militants" started and Pakistan Army did try to use Helis without board gun.....................................even still now the Pakistani Mi-17, Fennec and Puma have not a board gun or any weapon for self defence or fire support......... ( the BENGALI; AFGHAN and INDIAN Mi-17 have it ;)

Nope.

That was a UH-1H of the Cabinet division operated from Isl Heliport near Sports Complex.
@Blackpearl, it was the same heli we saw in that Ramsha Maseeh case, the MG was mounted there as well and we discussed that in the forum.
which post you are referring

Last edited by a moderator:
Because, before 2001 not a single Pakistan Helicopter had a board gun, which was very stupid, but the Army did get his lessons since the war against the so called " Militants" started and Pakistan Army did try to use Helis without board gun.....................................even still now the Pakistani Mi-17, Fennec and Puma have not a board gun or any weapon for self defence or fire support......... ( the BENGALI; AFGHAN and INDIAN Mi-17 have it ;)

Yea that's not beacuse in every helo of pak military there is guy sittin holdin MG-3 :cheesy:

read my post plz again, I did write that it has NOT board gun !

My point was that the Fennec does not have the provision to install a board gun, in any army.

my main point was that every singele Helicopter in Pakoistan Army aviation should be armed ! board gun or Gun pods what ever !

Not practical.

You have to maintain those weapons. Secondly, they also affect mobility, i.e embarking/dis-embarking of troops from the heli. The Mi-17 board gun is on the ramp I believe, another headache.

So it is not practical. And I don't think it is difficult to place a board gun. If we can re assemble a Alouette or Lama in 4 hours on the tarmac then we could also place a board gun IMO.

I'll tell you more about board guns in PAA tomorrow.

I did not get your point ?

i said that in our helicopters there's a solder inside holding MG-3 that's why they don't need to mount the Machine gun on it....jxt kiddin :D
Pak Aviation uses only MG1A3 machine guns which are mounted on only Bell 412 helos, no other helo is having door mounted gun but Bell 412, Cobra is a dedicated gunship with 20 mm gun (3 barrels)
MoI helos which are Huey II come with 2 types of guns, M240 or GAU-17 minigun (Gatlings), these are mounted on sides and operated by crew,
still not clear why to have gun on only one side, should be on both sides!

Pak Aviation uses only MG1A3 machine guns which are mounted on only Bell 412 helos, no other helo is having door mounted gun but Bell 412, Cobra is a dedicated gunship with 20 mm gun (3 barrels)
MoI helos which are Huey II come with 2 types of guns, M240 or GAU-17 minigun (Gatlings), these are mounted on sides and operated by crew,
still not clear why to have gun on only one side, should be on both sides!

HAHA Nyc joke...if they'll mount the gun on both sides so from which side soldiers will get in to heli...LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom