What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

one can cleary see the temp serial no's on the a/c.

Sirji,AFAIK these are registration numbers and not serial numbers which means it has been registered by the regulations body as a US aircraft.

N=November is the prefix which FAA uses for American aircrafts followed by digits and this prefix is given to every country by the International Telecommunication Union like for India it is Victor=V and for Germany it is Delta=D.

Norinco's new Arrow hits market and hints at export drive

Robert Hewson, Air-Launched Weapons Editor - London

Key Points
•Norinco is marketing a new air-to-surface missile intended to arm helicopters and UAVs

•The Blue Arrow 7 could represent China's first attempt to offer Chinese weapons for non-Chinese platforms on the export market

China's Norinco is marketing a new air-to-surface missile for helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in what may be the nation's first attempt to offer Chinese weapons for non-Chinese platforms on the export market.

The missile, the Blue Arrow 7, was earlier identified with the designation KD-10 (or AKD-10) in China, where it was developed as the primary weapon for the Z-10 attack helicopter. It has been exhibited in China as Lan Jian 7 (Blue Arrow 7) since at least 2010, but only now is it being shown internationally with an English-language name.

New information from Norinco shows that this same missile has been integrated with an Mi-171 helicopter of the People's Liberation Army (PLA). This indicates that China has developed an indigenous weapon and sensor package for the Mi-171: a conclusion that is supported by Norinco's addition of the Blue Arrow 7 to its export catalogue.

The Blue Arrow 7 is a Hellfire-class battlefield missile with a semi-active laser seeker and a tandem HEAT (high-explosive anti-tank) warhead. It has an effective range of 2,000-7,000 m and can penetrate up to 14 cm of armour. Each missile weighs 47 kg, is 1.775 m long and has a diameter of 17 cm. Norinco notes that the Blue Arrow 7 is effective against tanks, other armoured vehicles and bunkers.

Norinco has developed a four-round launcher for the Blue Arrow 7, giving a helicopter like the Mi-17 to ability to carry at least eight and perhaps 16 missiles in one load.

Norinco has released some performance details of the associated electro-optical targeting system for the missile without identifying the precise system. The daytime (TV) detection range is 10 km and the identification range is 8 km; the night (infrared) detection range is 6 km with an identification range of 5 km. Additionally, a ground-based laser for third-party target designation is available with a maximum range of 6 km.

Marketing material from Norinco shows the Blue Arrow 7 missile being fired from a PLA Mi-171. This is the first time a precision air-to-surface weapon has been seen on a Chinese Mi-17 variant; the type is the backbone of the PLA Army Aviation assault helicopter fleet. This also marks an important milestone for the integration of Chinese weapons on non-Chinese aircraft - something that China has previously attempted only with its own versions of Russian fighter designs, such as the J-11.

Firing trials for the Blue Arrow 7 have included this test launch from a PLA Army Aviation Mi-171.

Missile integration with the Mi-171 would add a new capability to the PLA but also herald a new export arena for Chinese industry. It is possible that the Blue Arrow 7/Mi-17 package is an export-driven project and China's first step into the international upgrades sector.

The same missile has also been integrated and extensively tested on the AVIC Wing Loong (Pterodactyl) UAV. Developed by Chengdu, the Wing Loong has undertaken substantial airborne weapon trials with the KD-10/Blue Arrow 7 since it first flew in 2007. A Predator-class medium-altitude long-endurance UAV, the Wing Loong has been identified by AVIC as an export programme. Now that the development of this platform is relatively mature, an armed UAV application could equally be the first export opportunity for the Blue Arrow 7.

here comes the chinese 'hellfire' AGM!

here it is
Blue+Arrow+7_01.jpg

Specifications

Blue Arrow 7 missile

Guidance system: laser semi-active
Launching platform: helicopters, UAVs
Effective range: 2000 m to 7000 m
Diameter: 170 mm
Length: 1775 mm
Weight: 47 kg
Hit probability: no less than 88% within effective range
Warhead: Tandem HEAT
Penetration: 1400 mm/0°

Stabilized EO sight

TV detection range: 10 km
TV identification range: 8 km
Thermal imager detection range: 6 km
Thermal imager identification range: 5 km

Ground laser illuminator

Maximum illuminating range: 6 km

Napalm

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like - victory" Apocalypse now (1979)

Sirji,AFAIK these are registration numbers and not serial numbers which means it has been registered by the regulations body as a US aircraft.

N=November is the prefix which FAA uses for American aircrafts followed by digits and this prefix is given to every country by the International Telecommunication Union like for India it is Victor=V and for Germany it is Delta=D.

right!!!!!

Hawker Beechcraft Begins Low-Rate Production of Beechcraft AT-6

FARNBOROUGH, U.K. (July 9, 2012) – Hawker Beechcraft Defense Company (HBDC) today announced it has entered low-rate initial production of its Beechcraft AT-6 light attack aircraft at the company’s facilities in Wichita, Kan.
The company initiated low-rate production in response to significant indications of interest around the world for the AT-6, the most capable, affordable and sustainable light attack and armed reconnaissance platform.

Beechcraft AT-6
“Hawker Beechcraft has been meeting the needs of the U.S. Department of Defense and military nations around the world with trainer and special mission aircraft for more than 50 years,” said Derek Hess, HBDC vice president, Light Attack Programs. “We are now ready to begin manufacturing the AT-6 to fulfill the light attack and air support aircraft needs of our allies.”

The AT-6 is a multi-role, multi-mission aircraft system designed to meet the spectrum of needs for the light attack mission. Leveraging a range of highly-specialized but off-the-shelf capabilities, the AT-6 is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment such as a Pratt and Whitney PTA‑68D engine, CMC Esterline’s mission modified Cockpit 4000, Lockheed Martin’s A-10C-based mission system and L-3 WESCAM’s MX-15Di sensor suite.

The aircraft has successfully demonstrated high-end net-centric and light attack capabilities and full compatibility with U.S. and NATO Joint Terminal Attack Controller systems during the Joint Expeditionary Force Experiment 2010, the Air National Guard Operational Assessment, and capabilities demonstrations of precision guided weapons conducted between 2010 and 2012. The AT-6 leads the light attack market with purpose-built capability, affordability, sustainability and interoperability for the most demanding of scenarios.

The AT-6 is currently under review as part of the U.S. Air Force Afghanistan Light Air Support competition. In June, HBDC delivered its detailed response for the competition to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.

Hawker Beechcraft is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special mission, light attack and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit Hawker Beechcraft: Corporate Home.

Bhai Q asi batain ker rahay ho, Rooza Lag raha hai kia ? :pop:

It's true i got news from my uncle he is in army and my friend who's father is in army also confirmed u can ask any army official if u know ... i am also confused why not any internet news ... talks started since last day

It's true i got news from my uncle he is in army and my friend who's father is in army also confirmed u can ask any army official if u know ... i am also confused why not any internet news ... talks started since last day

You might be right...cause 1ce i was traveling from lahore to islamabad and while traveling i spoke to a guy sitting next to me...he told me that he is marketing Chinook for Pak army...1st i thought he is just making it but when he introduced me i found out he is son of Gen Akram and nephew of Ch Nissar. but its like 8 years old. i dont know if ur referring to that thing.

Pakistan and south korea have been in talk with USA for 15 CH47F chinooks

there could be some truth in this report as in the not to distant past, korean T37's were sold to PAF to be used for spares. we must be talking about used chinook's.

also heard some info regarding Chinook ... any details ?

CH47F are one of latest varient we might get new :) south korea deal is seperate from pakistani :)

Back
Top Bottom