What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

These are Puma SM we got from UAE. Original ones have the same old cockpit.
Fakhar e Alam shared the cockpit image of the Puma as well. I was surprised to see the full glass/lcd makeover. Didn’t know our Pumas got cockpit upgrades.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) do you think R&D give any output with out any actual allocation of funds to R&D not to pockets, secondly we need some technology trasfer or partnership for any actual heli program to kichoff , which agian need heavy investment (which we dont have) ..

After investment of money and time in POF , HIT .. what actual output from both ... just disappointment .. except PAC which indeed done fruitful output.
HIT and POF are mismanaged. Put the right people in charge (i.e., NOT generals who are not trained or qualified for managing an industrial outfit), HIT, POF, etc will generate results.

In PAA the requirement is of mix of heavy and medium cetagory attack helicopter.
For replacing three sqds of AH-1F/S, PAA opt for one Sqd (12 units) of AH-1Z (heavy attack) and two-three sqds (30 units) of T-129 (medium attack).

Z-10ME, if arrived, will nullify the need for T-129 or even T-629. The gap for heavier attack helicopters will remain there where likes of AH-1Z or Mi-28NE can only fit. (T-929 in longer run?)

We need this heavy-medium combo to compensate our vastly different threat environment. Mediums will go to North-Center, Heavies will cover the center-South.

No.

Why PAA have not looked into Ka-52's latest version??
Yep, and here's the thing, India inducted Apaches, you can't counter something like that with Cobras, Z-10s, T129s. A Super Tucano however can, it can outfly an Apache, carry more tank-busting munitions and what not.... Furthermore something like that could be built in Pakistan, creating jobs and what not.

Though Mushaks are more for observation role I think

It's time is gone as now UCAVs are taking it's role.

(i.e., NOT generals who are not trained or qualified for managing an industrial outfit)
Uncle syndrome

UCAVs require an entire doctrine i.e an entire eco system of EW, counter EW, ECM, SAMs etc like Azerbaijan/Turkey against Armenia. If we want to employ it against a conventional enemy.

Up and close of a PAA Cobra Gunship.

1624292547149.png

Nope, good luck flying a UCAV in an area with lots of jamming. Furthermore UAVs to become effective require expensive guided munitions.
Btw @Bilal Khan (Quwa) I've asked a question in another thread, but how expensive are guided munitions like Paveways and what not? Are they feasible for a country like Pakistan? Do we make airlaunched guided bombs? What about Barq missiles, what's their cost per unit? And what about smaller bombs like the ones on Turkish drones?

Nope, good luck flying a UCAV in an area with lots of jamming. Furthermore UAVs to become effective require expensive guided munitions.
Btw @Bilal Khan (Quwa) I've asked a question in another thread, but how expensive are guided munitions like Paveways and what not? Are they feasible for a country like Pakistan? Do we make airlaunched guided bombs? What about Barq missiles, what's their cost per unit? And what about smaller bombs like the ones on Turkish drones?
Are loitering munitions expensive or cheaper than an ordinary UAV?

Are loitering munitions expensive or cheaper than an ordinary UAV?
Depends, some are cheap but some like Harop are expensive due to their specialized sensors. Some are completely remote controlled, others have a degree of autonomy in them.
Loitering munitions are usually for targets that appear for a very short time, and are of High Value. No-one will throw something like a Harop on troops, trucks, or a tank, you're better off dropping a bomb on them.

Your post shows you have no clue about India air defense and you want Pakistani pilots to get killed.

Pakistan military is not stupid and military Sat Com is not that easy to jam.

There is reason why world is moving towards AI UCAVs, if those were that easy to jam then world would have not invested in those heavily.

Latest additions to PAA, Cessna 208Bs

View attachment 755263

View attachment 755264

Could PAC produce something like this indigenously because it doesn’t look too different from mushshak?
HIT and POF are mismanaged. Put the right people in charge (i.e., NOT generals who are not trained or qualified for managing an industrial outfit), HIT, POF, etc will generate results.

Is there any hope they’ll fix this issue and properly manage HIT and POF?
I don’t think they’ll ever remove the generals I think they’ll always have this issue and same for every other project because for some reason we love making people who aren’t qualified for something in charge of the thing

Could PAC produce something like this indigenously because it doesn’t look too different from mushshak?

Is there any hope they’ll fix this issue and properly manage HIT and POF?
I don’t think they’ll ever remove the generals I think they’ll always have this issue and same for every other project because for some reason we love making people who aren’t qualified for something in charge of the thing
They don't have to 'remove' generals. Rather, the generals need to rise above managing the day-to-day and, instead, focus on holding the people running the system accountable.

So, practically, I would set-up a board of directors and put the generals in the board with the mandate of:

(1) selecting the CEO / Director and upper management of the entity (by hiring from within the organization);

(2) holding HIT etc accountable for revenue, cost, etc, and;

(3) asking the professional leadership of HIT etc why they're doing certain things and not others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom