What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

[/QUOTE]
Pak should consider TOT with turkish helicopter programme we need to get some knowledge on them building locally helps alot save lot of money and time
I think that was the idea behind T129 purchase. However till such time that Turkey produces its own engines it will not happen now. The experience of T129 has taught us both about the deviousness of the US and the West in safeguarding its interests (I dont blame them as much as I blame the muslims for not having forseen it and acting to circumvent it). So this co operation will have to wait till Turkey procures its own engine or another sanction free engine. Once this is done we can revisit this issue.

A

This muslim said long time ago ;)

Chinese Z-10 Helicopter get 30-60 Units (1-2 year turn around)

Join Turkish Helicopter with Long Term mindset on side (4-5 year turn around)

We ain't getting those , Super Cobras either

Last edited:
IMO ... if we want to do something, we'll need to:
  • scope the end-product for 15-years from now
  • work with a trusted partner to design the platform
  • work with a trusted partner to develop the critical inputs
  • incrementally work on it for 15 years from scratch
I personally like the idea of developing a 7-ton attack helicopter and 8-ton utility/transport helicopter using the same rotor, transmission and engine platform. However, if we start today, we're going to have to set our vision to at least 15 years out before we're ready for serial production.

This is the best case scenario.

Otherwise, we'll look to import.

How many years would it take Pakistan to develop helicopter engines for 7 ton attack helicopter and 8 ton utility helicopter and would Pakistan be able to afford to develop its own helicopters? Maybe if we set aside $150 million a year for 15 years for it?

How many years would it take Pakistan to develop helicopter engines for 7 ton attack helicopter and 8 ton utility helicopter and would Pakistan be able to afford to develop its own helicopters? Maybe if we set aside $150 million a year for 15 years for it?
We could collaborate with Turkey and/or Ukraine on engines. But yeah, $150 m a year for 15 years would be a start. It's much more than what we're spending now on these programs.

You need to start somewhere, and if spreading the risk and costs between multiple countries is possible I think it would be Pakistan's best bet!

I think that was the idea behind T129 purchase. However till such time that Turkey produces its own engines it will not happen now. The experience of T129 has taught us both about the deviousness of the US and the West in safeguarding its interests (I dont blame them as much as I blame the muslims for not having forseen it and acting to circumvent it). So this co operation will have to wait till Turkey procures its own engine or another sanction free engine. Once this is done we can revisit this issue.

A
Or they start using Ukraine, Russian or even Chinese engine for the helicopters then these own engines mature

We could collaborate with Turkey and/or Ukraine on engines. But yeah, $150 m a year for 15 years would be a start. It's much more than what we're spending now on these programs.
Since turkey and US agree to secure Kabul airport by Hungry and Turkish forces with Pakistan collaboration good chance US allow 3rd party export T129 engines for Pakistan. Lets see how this pans out

Is there a way PAC can get private investors to invest in it so they have no funding issues?

I was thinking they could do something like create a new company and for each project they can sell some shares of it so they don’t have funding issues and make a law that they need Pakistan government approval before selling the helicopters to anyone.

So for example for the 7-ton attack helicopter we can give the project a name like shaheen (I know Pakistans missile is named this couldn’t think of another name) and we can sell shares of shaheen project to private investors. 70% of the shares could be private investors while 30% owned by state. For each helicopter sold 70% of the money goes to private investors while 30% to state. Also to attract more investors while we open the project to investors we can give a guarantee amount of helicopters we’ll buy.

Maintenance Repair and Overhaul.

Commercial and Military aircraft need to be checked to varying degrees once they reach certain milestones.

Maintenance Repair and Overhaul.

Commercial and Military aircraft need to be checked to varying degrees once they reach certain milestones.

Would this include repairing, maintaining and overhauling Boeing and Airbus airliner aircraft?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom