What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

@_NOBODY_ @mingle @PanzerKiel @ali_raza @HRK @LeGenD @Jf-17 block 3 @Scorpiooo @TOPGUN @Inception-06 @ghazi52 @Caprxl @TsAr @aliyusuf @Mirage Battle Commander @SQ8 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Gripen9 @GriffinsRule @StormBreaker @Tipu7 @The Accountant @The Eagle @RescueRanger @Goenitz @DHSquare @Path-Finder @Counter-Errorist @Jungibaaz @AgNoStiC MuSliM

Dear Brothers,

At the bottom is a link from which this book can be downloaded for free, in PDF format. Enjoy!

Best Regards

1623870180900.png

History of Pakistan Army Aviation 1947-2007

I think it was the P-80 shooting star (or F-84)? I remember hearing a story from one of my relatives, about a businessman from Karachi or Hyderabad who wanted to build aircrafts (not just warplanes) in Pakistan. But PAF went with Supermarine Attackers. Then in 70s nationalisation effectively stopped him from doing anything about it.
Back then the gaps in technology between us and Europe/West weren't as wide as they are today (plus they were desperately in need of allies) ambitiousness could get you very far (Indians with the Marut, Argentinians with Pulquii and Egyptians with HA-300).
Yep, the Supermarine Attackers were a bummer, but even with the UK, the option to manufacture something decent in Pakistan was still there. However, no one within the PAF, Gov't, or private sector followed up.

Now, to their credit, there was an actual economic policy at play at that time and it was working. So, I think they might have avoided arms manufacturing on purpose. I imagine Govt of Pak economists thought it was an inherently inefficient exercise (which is 100% true). The focus was on building industrial competence, and we had investments going into designing and building jigs, shipbuilding, and even nuclear energy.

Finally, US aid was in full-swing. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an expectation to manufacture the F-5 (which the US commissioned as a low-cost replacement for its allies' F-86s). If not F-5, then maybe a vision to eventually design and build a fighter when the industrial capacity was in place.

Remember, the Pakistan of the 1960s was quite different: We had the fiscal resources of two countries (i.e., East and West Pakistan), we had a growing industry base, and growing foreign market access.

So, if there wasn't a cluster eff-up of a human involved, things should work out.

To our misfortune, we got a double hat-trick of cluster eff-ups... ZAB convincing everyone into the 1965 War, ZAB convincing Yahya Khan to clamp down on East Pak, Yahya Khan screwing up E. Pak, ZAB screwing up the economy, and so on.

A short term solution to onboard UAV capability is to have helis equipped with Burraq or wing loong stations and let them conduct recon and strikes. Even in the interim the aging Cobras could get a cramped cockpit but additional panel to act as recon scouts/controllers for UAV units. Think UAVs equipped with EW systems much as the Azeris did to perform SEAD/DEAD and RECON operations at the FLOT or 20 clicks behind it level controlled by Ah-1Fs sitting behind the friendly side of it and helping clear threats to Z-10s working in the Anti-Tank role.

I wish they would do the next volume - a lot of good tactical changes and ops were done 2007-2015

A short term solution to onboard UAV capability is to have helis equipped with Burraq or wing loong stations and let them conduct recon and strikes. Even in the interim the aging Cobras could get a cramped cockpit but additional panel to act as recon scouts/controllers for UAV units. Think UAVs equipped with EW systems much as the Azeris did to perform SEAD/DEAD and RECON operations at the FLOT or 20 clicks behind it level controlled by Ah-1Fs sitting behind the friendly side of it and helping clear threats to Z-10s working in the Anti-Tank role.

I wish they would do the next volume - a lot of good tactical changes and ops were done 2007-2015
Something like Grey Eagle drones, where ground operators can give Apache pilots controls for the drone.

On a completely unrelated note, @Bilal Khan (Quwa) can Pakistan get licensed production or homebrew something like a Rooivalk? We have Puma, we have modern designing tools, we can definitely make it happen.

I have so many questions, firstly how old is this video? Secondly who shot it? Thirdly how many terrorists were killed? Lastly where is this from (region)?
This occurred on 13th of June in Margat Zari Wadh area of Quetta.Number of terrorist killed is unknown.Nobody shot at the heli though.

This occurred on 13th of June in Margat Zari Wadh area of Quetta.Number of terrorist killed is unknown.Nobody shot at the heli though.
Shot as in footage. Was this posted by a BLA account? the video?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom