What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

I wouldn't count on the Ukrainian angle much. I feel it's a lot of smoke and mirrors
Sir wait till the Turks jump in with their new and old expertise or at least their will to gain new expertise(which are rare in PakMilInd complex if not non existent). Ukrainians already have running and flying airplane designs with their own engines. The Turks aim to improve upon those designs.

In 0.5-1.5 decades you'll see PakMil uncles going to ask(read beg) either of these i.e Brazilians ir Turko-Ukrainians for these airplanes. If they're not chasing their tails with the Americans or Iron Brother(It would actually be a good idea to look into Y20).
'Mature' is code for buying US or Chinese.
The 2 Abba Gs ofcourse how could I forget :hitwall:

PAF has a timeline for C-130 replacement which has not yet come, not a matter of funds but priorities right now. The oldest ones were quietly replaced, this platform is working fine right now but their time is yet to come.
My own opinion is PAF will strongly consider the C-390 eventually, so its a interesting aircraft to follow. Right now the Midas multirole tankers are PAFs backbone for transport and they are getting upgrades.
Which aircraft quietly replaced C 130?

The Cessna looks more like a Special Mission aircraft then a VIP carriage.

I was wondering if we could re-engine the Ukrainian An-70s with PW150s (via Canada), but saw that (it being the bigger plane) required way more powerful powerplants.

The crazier option is trying to design an original turboprop aircraft similar to the Herc. The engines are there (e.g., PW150), and to an extent, we can draw on Ukraine's experience -- e.g., a miniaturized An-70? Sure the economies-of-scale isn't there at all if we're the only user, but OTOH, what if we perpetually build them at a rate of 1-2 a year?

Basically, we replace our old domestically built transports with new ones every 25-30 years (just like the US has done with the Herc-line)? Imagine a design that's a bit larger than the An-178 (but smaller than the An-77), and uses 4 PW150s instead of the 2 turbofans?

View attachment 735484
I it realy a wonderful machina...

Pakistan Army
Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX

1619038063484.png

Back
Top Bottom