What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Pakistan Army Aviation AS350B3 Ecureuil l

1598664407253.png

That's my point..
Its already implemented, but it has a lot of limitations. Not just numbers, but terrain, enemy AD especially AAA as well the weather and night ops.

The major issue of ATV in the LOC area is the vegetation like trees which will kill its purpose of fast mobility. Barren mountains of the western front are good prospect for ATV.

Not sure if we're still able to buy from Russia (CAATSA et. al), but the H215m Super Puma could be a low-cost way to complement/expand that heavy-medium portion of our fleet.
Has Z-9 been tested at High altitude ? I haven't looked much into PLA helicopter fleet around Ladakh, but i think Mi-17 would be an obvious choice.

Its already implemented, but it has a lot of limitations. Not just numbers, but terrain, enemy AD especially AAA as well the weather and night ops.

The major issue of ATV in the LOC area is the vegetation like trees which will kill its purpose of fast mobility. Barren mountains of the western front are good prospect for ATV.
Not trolling but I don't see anything implemented, something manufactured or bought.

I didn't said LOC.

Vast rugged terrain of Balochistan and FATA.

Desert region od Sindh and Punjab these are the ideal places..

Not trolling but I don't see anything implemented, something manufactured or bought.

I didn't said LOC.

Vast rugged terrain of Balochistan and FATA.

Desert region od Sindh and Punjab these are the ideal places..
Just like USA SF uses them ? deployed from helicopters ?

Just like USA SF uses them ? deployed from helicopters ?
Not everyday.. Not every condition requires.

Question is do our SOF community use ATV/ Quad Bikes? NO

Do the use these type insertion/extraction? NO

Not everyday.. Not every condition requires.

Question is do our SOF community use ATV/ Quad Bikes? NO

Do the use these type insertion/extraction? NO
where do you put Mi-35 then ? since its in service already

where do you put Mi-35 then ? since its in service already
Just another bird which is laying around. Not being used as it was meant.

But, if you say so,
In COIN insurgency the theater its role is to provide CAS. It can also carry SOF personnel, first it will soften up the targets drop off SF team by either landing or by means of fast roping. Ground team will work its way inside the compound while MI-35 will provide top cover or to eliminate any runner. It will keep an eye out for enemy reinforcements. Mi-35 will buy some time from ground team. After the kill/capture mission is complete. It will pick up ground team and go to home.

Example: Balochistan.......

Now, where are my ATVs?

Has Z-9 been tested at High altitude ? I haven't looked much into PLA helicopter fleet around Ladakh, but i think Mi-17 would be an obvious choice.

We've been using the H125M at high-altitude (at least for SAR), and had tested the AW139 for those areas too.

The AW189K (the ITAR-free version of AW149 with Safran Aneto engines) may be an option too as it offers similar capabilities at high-alt, but more payload. Egypt is reportedly paying around $40 m per aircraft (plus spares and support), which isn't bad for a new 8-9-ton utility helicopter.

Just another bird which is laying around. Not being used as it was meant.

But, if you say so,
In COIN insurgency the theater its role is to provide CAS. It can also carry SOF personnel, first it will soften up the targets drop off SF team by either landing or by means of fast roping. Ground team will work its way inside the compound while MI-35 will provide top cover or to eliminate any runner. It will keep an eye out for enemy reinforcements. Mi-35 will buy some time from ground team. After the kill/capture mission is complete. It will pick up ground team and go to home.

Example: Balochistan.......

Now, where are my ATVs?
You have depicted a scenario thats often discussed on PDF w.r.t Mi-35.

Mi-35 carrying SSG/SOF is an educated guess by members on PDF or are there any pictures of Mi-35 exercising with SSG/SOF ?

We've been using the H125M at high-altitude (at least for SAR), and had tested the AW139 for those areas too.

The AW189K (the ITAR-free version of AW149 with Safran Aneto engines) may be an option too as it offers similar capabilities at high-alt, but more payload. Egypt is reportedly paying around $40 m per aircraft (plus spares and support), which isn't bad for a new 8-9-ton utility helicopter.

This makes a good inclusion of helicopters in PAA which can operate at high altitudes. AW-139 has good seating capacity being tested with 8 troops. You mentioned super puma previously, Pakistan showed interest in a variant of Puma, Romanian probably.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom