What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

554ce98f081b707572f4fcb171adad800c763921885a0b68cce4af120d104a69dd26ac210529afc19c4a49ccef1fda9e0d1484bab9af8339300d0e9e2a6e6165a947f3d29c861c04d53315087

Great job IK for locating the base. I suspected the location to be different from what was given in one of the posts due to the height of the mountains and the lelvel of snow. I had infact carefully studied Skardu but did not get enough time to look at Gilgit closely.

Once again thank you. You have just passed Air Intelligence 101.;-)

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Kindly do not post snaps of US assets on this thread.

Well IK, my guess was Skardu, but after some consultation , it came out to nothing.

Well done.

Z-19

A close-up of the Z-19 prototype is shown here carrying a 90mm rocket launcher. Z-19 (?) is a light scout/attack helicopter based on H425 currently under development at Harbin Aircraft Industrial Corporation. The helicopter features a narrow forward fuselage and a tandem cockpit layout similar to those of Z-10, but with pilot sitting in the front seat and gunner in the back seat. Both crew are protected by armor plates, crash-resist seats and non-retractable front landing gears. It also features a Z-9WA style nose mounted EO turret (FLIR, TV and laser range finder). Z-19 is thought to retain the same aft fuselage, engine, transmission and rotor systems with minor modifications from H425 which speeds up the development. The helicopter can also carry the air-to-air and air-to-ground weapon package similar to that of Z-9WA under a pair stub wings, including KD-8 ATGMs, PL-90 AAMs as well as 23mm gun pods and rocket lanchers. Some specifications: TO weight 4,500kg, empty weight 2,350kg, max cruising speed 245km/h, max climb rate 9m/s, range 700km, ceiling (no ground effect) 2,400m, endurance >3hr. Z-19 is expected to support the heavier Z-10 attack helicopter from Changhe in a high-low combination, replacing the earlier Z-9WA. It was reported that Z-19 prototype first flew in May 2010. However one prototype crashed on September 18, 2010. Currently Z-19 is being evaluated by the Army.

- Last Updated 2/2/12

Must appreciate Pakistan Army Aviation Corps is very well equipped. I would like to as Pakistani friends why dont you upgrade your Cobra using Turkish Help

Must appreciate Pakistan Army Aviation Corps is very well equipped. I would like to as Pakistani friends why dont you upgrade your Cobra using Turkish Help

The only Dept of Pakistan.. I love it... Army Aviation... Right now Pakistan don't have much funds and also waiting for some Chinese innovation.. like Z series Helicopter. Might be Pakistan military already tour-de-China-Heliz. Army also waiting for Super Cobra's of US Marine (2015).

Do you guys have any idea of the locatino of the base shown in post 533. Let us see if we figure out the place. It looks more like Baluchistan of Southern KPK

Guys can anyone tell me the Size of Army Aviation Cause according to wiki we lots of Hel's
Excluding PAF's which are almost 120

Do you guys have any idea of the locatino of the base shown in post 533. Let us see if we figure out the place. It looks more like Baluchistan of Southern KPK

I am guessing somewhere in western Balochistan.

Do you know what it is?

Back
Top Bottom