What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

That is the several million dollar question.
PAA atleast should have gotten Mi28 to rival Indian AH64s. It seems they have their eyes set on Turkish Heavy Helo coming up.

Ka52 is an absolute monster of a helicopter true Russian Brute Force.
Why PAA didn't evaluate Mi28 and KA 52???

Last edited:
That is the several million dollar question.
PAA atleast should have gotten Mi28. It seems they have their eyes set on Turkish Heavy Helo coming up.

Ka52 is an absolute monster of a helicopter true Russian Brute Force.
Egypt has Ka 51 they investing heavy in Russian products along French. I mean make Ur attack Heli fleet all Russian with less hassle and more firepower

They did but opted for the Mi35M because of its multirole capabilities like transport and casevac
I mean having all Russian platforms will be good rather having trouble with US and turkish platforms

Mi-35 has commonality with mi-171 transmission, engine etc so much cheaper compared to others options as infrastructure exists in country

Paa has setup overhaul capacity

Lastly mi-35 is unique in its abilities of medi-vac plus attack and attack and Transport

It’s now cover Baluchistan vast area

https://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mi-35m-hind-e/

Until the US eases off CAATSA, I don't think Pakistan will buy any major Russian weaponry. It's not just an issue of getting spare parts et. al for existing American equipment (F-16s, C-130s, AN/TPS-77, etc), but we also maintain a trade surplus with the US. Dealing with a Russia that barely even puts one toe in the water? Not worth it.

Why PAA didn't evaluate Mi28 and KA 52???
I think Mi28N was evaluated as there used to be news years back. They may have been evaluated along with T129s and Z10s

Until the US eases off CAATSA, I don't think Pakistan will buy any major Russian weaponry. It's not just an issue of getting spare parts et. al for existing American equipment (F-16s, C-130s, AN/TPS-77, etc), but we also maintain a trade surplus with the US. Dealing with a Russia that barely even puts one toe in the water? Not worth it.
But India is also getting /have gotten systems like S400s, surplus Mig29s, destroyers, frigates, subs from Russia and is getting other systems from US.

I think Mi28N was evaluated as there used to be news years back. They may have been evaluated along with T129s and Z10s

But India is also getting /have gotten systems like S400s, surplus Mig29s, destroyers, frigates, subs from Russia and is getting other systems from US.
Yea, but the US treats Pakistan very differently than it does India. We can't use India as the benchmark, not unless we suddenly become the next economic miracle or 'Germany of Asia.' Not saying we should beg, but we must take a lot of care when it comes to the sensitivities of countries that keep our economy up. Moreover, the Russians have not bought into ties with us, they're flaky, and I'd rather not jeopardize our trade surplus with the US for that...

The Mi35M purchased by Pakistan were actually older Mi24s which were modernised, thus it took a while for the actual induction. Further examples will also follow the same pattern. Russian supply chain is famous for its slow pace.

Back
Top Bottom