What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

What will they bring which we don't have already ?
MDHI.png

good for urban warfares

Having too many different types ( IMHO we already have too many different kinds of helos) is onerous because of costs involved in training pilots & maintenance staff and the stocking of spare parts.

Pakistan Armed services already operate Bell 206 Jet Ranger, Bell UH-1 Huey, Bell 412, Bell AH-1 Cobra, SA330 Puma, SA315 Lama, SA316 Alouette3, Augusta AW139, AS550 Fennec, AS350 Ecureil, MI-35, M1-8/17, MI-14( Pak Navy), Z-9, Sea King with Schweizer 330c & Enstrom 280 FX for training. Additionally, we have Turkish T-129 on order.

This makes 18 different types. Training, maintenance & spare parts inventory must be nightmarish. Ideally, there should be no more than 5 or 6 different types, such as gunships, for heavy lift, for high altitude ops, for scouting & liaison, for S& R/ Medi-evac / other medium lift duties, and for training. Add a couple of specialized for maritime roles.
Come on, isn't that a very outdated list? You should know better than that.

Firstly the Fennec and Ecureuil are practically the same aircraft, two version of the same helicopter.

Navy operates Mi14?? I don't think so. And I think army has already retired any UH-1, bell 206, etc. and IIRC the lamas replaced by the Ecureuil/Fennec. The Alouettes also if not already retired are on the way out, being replaced by the AW139. So you can probably remove 5 helicopters from that list. Even the Puma's will not last very long.

Nope, these are just two (786-064 and 786-066) of the three that were not yet stored at 309th AMARG. They are likely on their way to Tucson Arizona for storage.

Last edited:
we will probably receive the refund via wheat aid
Pakistan is an exporter of wheat so you are living in ancient times.

Zulus will be released shortly.

A few weeks after the Apaches land in India.

The Turkish choppers are also coming. Just look at the construction activity in Multan.

There is a big shit in India if the Apaches are with the Airforce or the Army. I hope they end up with the Airforce. In that case they will be totally useless. India does not have a mature Army Aviation Corp. Let’s wait and see. If we get them, Pak army will operationalize the Zulus in 6 months while IAF will still be building landing pads to handle the weight of the Apaches.

I think the Americans understand us now. With the big capital account surplus (a post 2ww measure and in my opinion irrelevant) India has the money to buy American stuff. The US will try to sell military stuff to them for their own benefit as they do to the Arabs. But deep down the US leadership knows that they need Pakistan and it goes beyond Afghanistan. They know Indians are a bunch of losers. Eisenhower knew that, Nixon knew that, Reagan knew that and Trump is learning that. As they say we are a hard country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom