What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

@Signalian @django @Gryphon @Starlord
@HRK
All the information which I post here, are and were publicly available on defence exhibitions held by the Pakistan Military such as the 6. September, ISPR official homepage and a variety of Pakistani Military defence forums such as pakdef.org. I am posting this information for the public of Pakistan to have a better understanding for the armed forces of Pakistan and to present them in a better light for the Pakistani public and youth, to create interest in the Pakistani youth for security and political situation in Pakistan ...so we can say for a better Pakistan defence and awareness!

I am back from Pakistan, my Visit to Helicopter training aviation Base, a short official Interview with a maintenance officer:

Mushak Training aircraft role during wartime will be: communication, observation during peace and wartime, the supply of ammunition and food to 120kg, the rescue of wounded Soldiers, rocketing and bombing missions on border enemy posts (the Wings have the preparations for such missions, I asked that three times, till the guy showed me and I touched it, then I believed it ;)

Enough training Helicopters were parked in the Hangars.

Bell Jet Ranger has still the scout role for the Cobras.

All Soldiers in the base look physically and mentally Fit, the base is in good shape, air defence is fully capable of handling low altitude air intruders.

The Base defence against terrorist ambushes is good but not perfect!

All Lama Helicopters are replaced by the Fennec!

I asked about drone attacks:" yes Army was cooperating with the yanks" but that's not new for us.

I asked about bin Laden killing, especially why our air defence was blind and died, he said:"he cant answer what happened under the Kyani tenure", he said:" but now is a different time."

I asked about nepotism in the military and his experience, he said:" it was very much years ago, but now it does not play such a rule like in the past!"

Lama is being replaced by Ecureuil. Additional orders for Ecureuil helicopters were placed, according to MoDP.

I would like PAA to stick with Fennec + Ecureuil for replacing JetRanger + Lama + Alouette. There are just too many types.

PAA has ordered some AW139 as well, but it is unclear what will they replace. I guess some ageing Mi-8/17.

@Signalian @django @Gryphon @Starlord
@HRK
All the information which I post here, are and were publicly available on defence exhibitions held by the Pakistan Military such as the 6. September, ISPR official homepage and a variety of Pakistani Military defence forums such as pakdef.org. I am posting this information for the public of Pakistan to have a better understanding for the armed forces of Pakistan and to present them in a better light for the Pakistani public and youth, to create interest in the Pakistani youth for security and political situation in Pakistan ...so we can say for a better Pakistan defence and awareness!

I am back from Pakistan, my Visit to Helicopter training aviation Base, a short official Interview with a maintenance officer:

Mushak Training aircraft role during wartime will be: communication, observation during peace and wartime, the supply of ammunition and food to 120kg, the rescue of wounded Soldiers, rocketing and bombing missions on border enemy posts (the Wings have the preparations for such missions, I asked that three times, till the guy showed me and I touched it, then I believed it ;)

Enough training Helicopters were parked in the Hangars.

Bell Jet Ranger has still the scout role for the Cobras.

All Soldiers in the base look physically and mentally Fit, the base is in good shape, air defence is fully capable of handling low altitude air intruders.

The Base defence against terrorist ambushes is good but not perfect!

All Lama Helicopters are replaced by the Fennec!

I asked about drone attacks:" yes Army was cooperating with the yanks" but that's not new for us.

I asked about bin Laden killing, especially why our air defence was blind and died, he said:"he cant answer what happened under the Kyani tenure", he said:" but now is a different time."

I asked about nepotism in the military and his experience, he said:" it was very much years ago, but now it does not play such a rule like in the past!"
Glad to hear that moral is high, a prerequisite for a capable and effective fighting force, what is of concern is perimeter security, after all the attacks the RAW backed terrorists have perpetrated against our military installations one would assume this issue would have been rectified with extreme urgency, I hope what you observed is a one off.Kudos bro

Lama is being replaced by Ecureuil. Additional orders for Ecureuil helicopters were placed, according to MoDP.

I would like PAA to stick with Fennec + Ecureuil for replacing JetRanger + Lama + Alouette. There are just too many types.

PAA has ordered some AW139 as well, but it is unclear what will they replace. I guess some ageing Mi-8/17.
It seems the PAA only got 2 of the 14 (? - guess) AW139s ordered, the remainder are slotted for the PAF for SAR (replacing the Alouette III). That said (and I'll get shade for saying this, but...) the weight and performance of the AW139 is very similar to the Puma.

It seems the PAA only got 2 of the 14 (? - guess) AW139s ordered, the remainder are slotted for the PAF for SAR (replacing the Alouette III). That said (and I'll get shade for saying this, but...) the weight and performance of the AW139 is very similar to the Puma.

It is possible AW139 will replace both the Huey and Puma (in future). The former is in service in small numbers, doesn't make sense to induct another type for replacing few Huey when Bell 412EP is already there, replacement with the heavier AW139 is a good option.

Maintaining the current utility helicopter fleet is a difficult task, too many types in the same weight class.

In the light category, Ecureuil should replace Alouette & Lama.

In the medium category, have Puma (inc. Romanian built versions) & Bell 412EP. Replace Huey (and later Puma) with AW139.
Bell 412EP and AW139 use the same engine series, this would somewhat ease maintenance.

In the heavy category, expand the Mi-17/171 fleet.

I believe PAA is gradually moving in this direction.

Last edited:
DmequfUW4AA2WEy.jpg:large

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom