What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Saw this monster flying above me Today.

Mi 171sh.jpg

You'll see a lot of those if you live in Rawalpindi. Even more if your house is in the flight path of all those helis taking off from dhamial.

The image is from Gharial camp. I have more images but they not for being posted online.

Doubt it really.
I was told this by a guy whoz in civil av..then I asked a PAA combat pilot who was at chaklala at the time of arrival of an124 and he denied it...so idk.

These pics I took a couple of months ago ...a weather front moved in very quickly and this uh1h had to make an emergency landing at the ground right next to the fwo staging post in gharial, murree.
Pics taken from fwo staging post

Attachments

• 20160821_173947.jpg
    20160821_173947.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 20160821_173902.jpg
    20160821_173902.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 130
there is no meaning or purpose in getting manufacturing for 30 odd helicopters.
Exactly..we need two helicopters in long run over 100s ...a small utility and medium utility...we should join Turks or find another joint patner...

Ultimately mi 17 will have to be replaced so do the bell, and the need will be in 100s may 150 each if all three services are counted
We recently bought 10+ aw139

Regarding t129 doesn't matter whether we buy them off the shelves if it's cheaper that way

Turkey sells 30 ATAK helicopters to Pakistan in largest single military export deal
Turkey and Pakistan have finalized a deal for Pakistan's purchase of T129 Advanced Attack and Tactical Reconnaissance Helicopters (ATAK) on Friday.

The helicopters will be delivered gradually over five years, the sources said. The deal is the biggest single export deal of Turkey's defense industry, the country's defense industry directorate said earlier.

With the sales contract, the longstanding cooperation and bilateral relations between Pakistan and Turkey in the defense field gained a new dimension.

In a November 2017 interview with the Anadolu Agency, Pakistani Minister for Defense Production Rana Tanveer Hussain said his country planned to procure 30 attack helicopters and four naval ships from Turkey.

The T129 ATAK helicopter is a new generation, tandem, two-seat, twin-engine helicopter specifically designed for attack and reconnaissance.

Developed from the combat-proven AgustaWestland A129CBT, the new aircraft incorporates a new system philosophy with a new engine - the LHTEC CTS 800-4A - new avionics, sight systems and weapons, modified airframe, an uprated drive train and a new tail rotor.

A series of talks have been held with various countries, including Pakistan, for the export of ATAK helicopters, which have proven themselves during operations with their superior capabilities. In this context, ATAKs have participated in various international events as part of these quests to showcase its capabilities.

https://www.dailysabah.com/defense/...kistan-in-largest-single-military-export-deal

http://www.haberturk.com/ankara-haberleri/15943108-pakistana-30-atak-helikopteri-ihracati

SSM has just announced that Turkish Aerospace Industries has signed a deal with the Pakistan MOD for 30 T129 attack helicopters. Hope to find out more details at Farnborough next week.

SSM has just announced that Turkish Aerospace Industries has signed a deal with the Pakistan MOD for 30 T129 attack helicopters. Hope to find out more details at Farnborough next week.
when we have landed first of them then we will talk

Back
Top Bottom