What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Procuring the Rooivalk, H215m and H225m wouldn't be a bad idea, but for it to work, a few major things will need to line up. Basically, Pakistan needs Airbus Helicopters' to not only approve of the Puma's engines and dynamic components (e.g. main rotor, tail rotor, gearbox, etc) for the Rooivalk, but also transfer the technology the engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) and dynamic components.

I believe if Pakistan gets the ability to have engine MRO and to locally manufacture the dynamic components, it would have very little trouble in locally supporting the Rooivalk, Super Puma and Caracal.

That aside, the deep commonality (engine and dynamic components) between the Rooivalk, H125m (Super Puma) and H225m (Caracal) would be a major benefit. The Rooivalk can be used as a heavyweight attack helicopter to support our armour; the Super Puma can serve as a mainstay medium-lift utility helicopter; and the Caracal can serve as a naval warfare and heavy-medium utility helicopter.
I feel sorry for the S Africans,really I do. The Rooivalk is a wonderful platform but it was made for anti tank warfare. Selling a HCH is a tough sell; you need political reach ,FRANKLY beyond most middle countries like RSA. Fyi,the UK,Malaysia and Algeria IIRC all wanted it at one time.
The US sabotaged the UK deal when they refused to share codes that work have let the Rooivalk shoot the TOW. S Africa should've introduced a lighter,scaled down light version. Instead they are competing with the Apache , Euro tiger and Hind each of whose makers can provide heavy hitting political economic support to potential buyers.

Also that 45 mn $ price tag is reserved for developed nations. Fyi,the Hind though not a true gunship goes for roughly a third at 16 mn $.

Beech 350i N1084B FL-1084 was tracked flying to Islamabad from Al Ain, UAE, on 18 June.
Was this a delivery flight to the army? It is registered with Textron (holding company / owner of Beech) but it is an aircraft in "surveillance configuration"...

Zarvi
You are a fool if you are printing off info he is giving you. You are jeoperdising his career and your neck. So please stop this stupidity. This is my post to you as a brother.
A
Unrelated, sometimes people are given "information " just to get them to leave someone alone.

However, at times younger less exposed folk will still say more than they should to people in showing off and that can be dangerous

Agusta Westland 139
19905250_241628792994581_6174252370075109542_n.jpg

I feel sorry for the S Africans,really I do. The Rooivalk is a wonderful platform but it was made for anti tank warfare. Selling a HCH is a tough sell; you need political reach ,FRANKLY beyond most middle countries like RSA. Fyi,the UK,Malaysia and Algeria IIRC all wanted it at one time.
The US sabotaged the UK deal when they refused to share codes that work have let the Rooivalk shoot the TOW. S Africa should've introduced a lighter,scaled down light version. Instead they are competing with the Apache , Euro tiger and Hind each of whose makers can provide heavy hitting political economic support to potential buyers.

Also that 45 mn $ price tag is reserved for developed nations. Fyi,the Hind though not a true gunship goes for roughly a third at 16 mn $.
Not so sure about MI35 costing16 mil... coz Pak bought em for around 37.8 mil... unless it includes after sales support?

But again MI35 has commonalities with MI17.. which we already maintain and overhaul at our local facilities..

Russia designs helicopter based on fighting terrorists based on Syrian experience

18th July 2017 Helicopter
Andrey Boginsky,

Mi-171Sh-VN,Rostec, Russian Helicopters
HNW0185.jpeg

Russian Helicopters has revealed it has designed an anti-terror helicopter based on Russia’s involvement in the Syrian conflict.

Designs for the Mi-171Sh-VN advanced military transport helicopter, which will support special anti-terrorism operation forces, will be presented at the international MAKS-2017 airshow in Moscow.

“The helicopter has a whole number of design features that enhance its combat effectiveness and tolerance to battle damage,” said Russian Helicopters CEO Andrey Boginsky, who revealed that the model has been inspired by the combat deployment of helicopters in warzones such as Syria.

Equipped with engines improved for better altitude and climate performance, the Mi-171Sh-VN helicopter can reach cruise and maximum speeds of up to 260 km/h and 280 km/h respectively, and boasts a maximum takeoff weight of 13,500 kg.

New flight and navigation equipment has also been incorporated into the helicopter, with the glass cockpit combined with analogue devices to enhance tolerance to battle damage. Kevlar has been deployed throughout the main body to protect the crew, with two 12.7mm guns in the right and left doorways and two bow machine guns on the truss structure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom