What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

i dont remember posting them , nor seeing them in this thread-- moreover they dont have the defence.pk watermark , so i thought they might be fresh for some!

sir posted already many times no water mark because not yet someone add them in gallery .some are from 2007 2008 time others rah e rast and rah e nijat time . but wait sir sorry as you like sir i am not old enough to ask you don't post :no:

i know they are of 2008 , actually i posted them on another forum where people were saying pak is not doing anything on wot -- ive posted over 200 pak. army wot pic there -- 70% are covered here -- but i didnt post them here as most wouldve been repetitions---- the sad thing is they still dont value pak. contribution-- the army pr and pak media are seriously incompetent and lack foresight--- our image as pakistanis has been tarnished

i dont remember posting them , nor seeing them in this thread-- moreover they dont have the defence.pk watermark , so i thought they might be fresh for some!

Some images are old, some are new. But those Cobras and jet ranger in the field is old.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

0BuKd.jpg

An-124 is the plane. Is this the new Mi-17 V5 from Kazan?

[/COLOR]

An-124 is the plane. Is this the new Mi-17 V5 from Kazan?

nope its not new its old pakistani bird

July 14, 2010

Press Releases 2010

Pakistan Army Helicopters Return to Pakistan after U.S.-Funded Maintenance. (State Dept.)

pak_helos_10071401_500.jpg

A Pakistan Army Mi-17 helicopter is unloaded from a transport plane at Chaklala Air Base today. It was one of four Pakistan Army Mi-17 helicopters delivered back to the Pakistan Army by the United States which have completed US-funded maintenance overhals

Well it is a V 5 model. Does US have a maintenance facility of Mi-17?

Well it is a V 5 model. Does US have a maintenance facility of Mi-17?

its V model SO sir?

U.S. has funded maintenance overhauls for 24 Pakistan Army Mi-17s, twelve of which were completed and returned to Pakistan last year. The remaining eight helicopters are scheduled for delivery later this year. The U.S. is also coordinating with the Pakistan Army to fund overhauls for another 10 Mi-17s,

its happen in DTI's technicians dear and yes USA also maintain afghan MI-17 fleet there too .DTI has applied for and received U.S. Department of State Brokering permission and/or approval of a Technical Assistance Agreement for all its activities in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

its V model SO sir?

U.S. has funded maintenance overhauls for 24 Pakistan Army Mi-17s, twelve of which were completed and returned to Pakistan last year. The remaining eight helicopters are scheduled for delivery later this year. The U.S. is also coordinating with the Pakistan Army to fund overhauls for another 10 Mi-17s,

its happen in DTI's technicians dear and yes USA also maintain afghan MI-17 fleet there too .DTI has applied for and received U.S. Department of State Brokering permission and/or approval of a Technical Assistance Agreement for all its activities in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

actually PAA was not satisfied with the upgrade work of DTI and has returned at-least 5 Mi-17s to the US, which in turn has delivered these helos to the afghans to be used as 'spares'. all future PAA upgrades are being undertaken in the Czeck republic.

Thanks fatman. Now, the PAA is looking to the Russo-Slavic states for the maintenance of these helis.

The V5 model is the newest one with a dolphin nose, cargo loading door instead of clamshell and some engine changes.

Fatman17, is the Kazan factory still operational?

Thanks fatman. Now, the PAA is looking to the Russo-Slavic states for the maintenance of these helis.

The V5 model is the newest one with a dolphin nose, cargo loading door instead of clamshell and some engine changes.

yes it is.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

infact 2 fire-fighting Mil-14's have also been purchased.

On 10 Feb 2010, 2-3 AH-1F Cobra helos were providing top cover to ground forces in Aurakzai Agency, during the fight one Cobra was hit by enemy fire and crashed. Two brave pilots Maj Mudassir and Capt Asim of Army Aviation Combat Group embarrassed Shahadat while serving for their motherland. Many reasons were cited for the crash, but one most probabble (and also mentioned in the video) is that pilots getting their helo too low from the prescribed height, i.e. 3000 - 3500 ft AGL. What was more tragic that immediately, after the crash a botched rescue attempt was launched to get to the crash site. 2 Bell 412s were immediately sent to the crash site. with brigade commander on board one of the helo. By that time, terrorists had set up an ambush at the crash site, because they knew that there will be a rescue attempt. The 2 Bell 412 dropped limited force at the crash site 7-8 soldiers including 2 officers (one of them Brigadier), the rescue party was seriously outnumbered and immediately came under heavy enemy fire. In the ensuing battle, the Brigadier also embraced Shahadat, and rescue party was pulled out under heavy fire from the crash site. The bringing down of Cobra has generated a lot of discussion as what actually bring down the bird. Talibans are known to operate 12.7 mm, 14.5 mm guns along with RPG-7. If a chopper gets too low, it may be easilly attacked by skillful siting of the weapon and equally competent gunner.

Pakistan seriously lack of advanced attack helicopter.Any progress in this regards..?

Back
Top Bottom