What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

That in a mech bat with another vehicle with 105 mm would devastate enemy infantry and bmp

Yaar Bakthar SHIKAN ISKO MOUNT KARDO, it will blow deep holes in indian offensive lines, I love that Idea ! Thx @Sarge great discussion with you and the other Members here, I appreciate it !

regards

Last edited:
Yaar Bakthar SHIKAN ISKO MOUNT KARDO, it will blow deep holes in indian offensive lines, I love that Idea ! Thx @Sarge great discussion with you and the other Members here, I appreciate it !

regards

Baktar Shikan has some limitations and good points .

The good points are having a tandem warhead to beat ERA and spaced armour. The operation is easy and in some ways similar to TOW which PA already operated. It has anti-jamming capability also.

Limitations are that It is fired when stationary, as far as i know. Secondly, its not fire and forget. So the missile operator will stay engaged till the target is destroyed as he has to guide the missile to the target keeping target in his cross hairs.

Baktar Shikan has some limitations and good points .

The good points are having a tandem warhead to beat ERA and spaced armour. The operation is easy and in some ways similar to TOW which PA already operated. It has anti-jamming capability also.

Limitations are that It is fired when stationary, as far as i know. Secondly, its not fire and forget. So the missile operator will stay engaged till the target is destroyed as he has to guide the missile to the target keeping target in his cross hairs.
And untill target destroyed that tank can kill him

the add on armour slows down the APC.no use in armoured warfare. only COIN
I totally agree with you, I am writing since years about the topic of indian BMP armadas and the M-113, the indian Army has 2000 BMPS IFV while we have this so called "battel taxis" ! Only solution is to upgrade all M113 with additional armour and a turret equipped with board gun ! There are many designes and solution, I dont knopw whats the doctrine of Pakistan Army:"travel with a taxi to the battelfield and engage the enemy with the MG-3,RPG-7 and 60mm WW2 Mortar" ah yes of course may be you will get also fire support from the 12.7mm behinde you" good luck !

That in a mech bat with another vehicle with 105 mm would devastate enemy infantry and bmp

PAs Talha or M-113 with additional armour...

image.jpeg

Wishes granted lol.

The abrams mbt is a awesome tank but it failed in our desert conditions. just bcuz something looks "awesome", dosnt mean it is viable option for Pakistan. The 113 is a tried and tested platform in our conditions.

Built in the 90s... never went into mass production.
Used first by the Netherlands (YPR-765. First order 1975 for 880. Total order 2,079 )
Philippines also received 45 vehicles in 1979
In 1979, Belgium placed an order for 514 similar AIFV-B, delivered in 1982
Turkey selected the AIFV in 1989, a contract for 1,698 vehicles with the first 285 hulls produced in Belgium and the remaining vehicles produced entirely in Turkey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIFV

That's 2,079+45+514+1,698=4,336 units.

Chili, Jordan and Egypt bought units from Netherlands and Belgium, when these phased many out after the demise of the Soviet Union. Lebanon and Morocco got units from Belgium.
Malaysia got ACV-300s from Turkey and MIFV from South Korea (which produces a similar vehicle called Korean Infantry Fighting Vehicle)
UAE got ACV-300 from Turkey

Turkey produced the similar ACV-15 vehicle (2,945 units produced)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FNSS_ACV-15

South Korea produces a similar KIFV
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K200_KIFV (2,383 units produced)

In all, over these variants: 9,664 units produced.
Nah, never mass produced.

YPR-765
preserved-YpR-675-Dutch_Military-Police.jpg

AIFV-B-C25
6622588265_18d36279c7_b.jpg

ACV-300
http://www.***************/pictures/data/3776/medium/DSC00536.JPG

KIFV
kifv.jpg

Unveiling ceremony of Pakistan’s First Indigenous APC by the Exhibitor Heavy Industries Taxila, (HIT)

IDEAS 2016 schedule has mentioned this. Now if it turns out to be Dragoon. I am going to do something with these HIT guys.

Last edited:
http://defence-blog.com/news/china-...-that-looks-similar-to-russian-kornet-em.html

@Sarge @Ulla

Sine you are discussing ATGM systems,
A rumor suggest that Pakistan is looking to replace its fleet of 105mm RR Jeeps with YJ2080 Jeeps armed with Sabre ER ATGM.

View attachment 352981

View attachment 352982

Total 170 Units.

We are still operating Recoil less Rifle mounted Jeeps in couple of anti tank regiments.
View attachment 352985

YJ2080 is actually a Russian 4X4 (GAZ) which is produced under license by China. Its more of an APC than a light Anti-tank platform.

Havent seen in PA that ATGM carrier is also carrying troops into battle, though the platform maybe same. Thats probably because seats are removed to accommodate ammunition rounds. When M-113 were inducted they were used as APC and then ATGM carrying M-113 were procured, the M-901.

If the idea is to provide protection to troops to fire ATGM's from inside the vehicle, then it seems a good move. RR jeeps and Green Arrow Defenders are open top 4X4. They offer no protection against light arms and fragments of artillery and mortar fire.

atgm jeep.jpg

If YJ2080 is actually procured then its a great initiative. It will be replacing wheeled platform with wheels. It can also be configured as an APC for troop carrying. The hull isnt V-shaped, so probably not a perfect COIN vehicle but even in threatened zones it definitely provides more protection than Toyota pickups etc that PA uses.

Mohafiz vehicle also is the same category and its has three variants.But looks like PA isnt interested in local vehicles for ATGM platform.

Back
Top Bottom