What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

PA does need more ATGM carriers.

M-113 armed with 12.7mm is a sitting duck if encounters a BMP-2 with its 30mm cannon and konkurs/Nag ATGM.
M-113 can be saved by dismounting the infantry squad and using RPG-7 or ATGM like Baktar Shikan to counter BMP-2 if time and tactics permit otherwise PA MBT will have a monumental task of not only protecting PA M-113's from IA BMP-2 but also engaging IA MBT.

Its better to relieve the burden on PA MBT by only exploiting weak points in enemy lines like artillery, communication, command and control HQ's, supply and ammo positions etc and let the PA ATGM teams take out enemy MBT and BMP-2.

If PA MBT's are engaging IA MBT's and face losses then the attacking power or offensive strength of the PA Armoured Division is weakened for further offensives against IA as its striking ability will diminish and it will be forced to go on the defensive for the rest of the war unless equivalent reinforcements arrive. Reserve tanks like M-48A5's replacing AK losses will not give the Armoured Division its striking punch back but only restore its numbers for a defensive stance. AK replacing AK losses will do the job.

I totally agree with you, I am writing since years about the topic of indian BMP armadas and the M-113, the indian Army has 2000 BMPS IFV while we have this so called "battel taxis" ! Only solution is to upgrade all M113 with additional armour and a turret equipped with board gun ! There are many designes and solution, I dont knopw whats the doctrine of Pakistan Army:"travel with a taxi to the battelfield and engage the enemy with the MG-3,RPG-7 and 60mm WW2 Mortar" ah yes of course may be you will get also fire support from the 12.7mm behinde you" good luck !

I totally agree with you, I am writing since years about the topic of indian BMP armadas and the M-113, the indian Army has 2000 BMPS IFV while we have this so called "battel taxis" ! Only solution is to upgrade all M113 with additional armour and a turret equipped with board gun ! There are many designes and solution, I dont knopw whats the doctrine of Pakistan Army:"travel with a taxi to the battelfield and engage the enemy with the MG-3,RPG-7 and 60mm WW2 Mortar" ah yes of course may be you will get also fire support from the 12.7mm behinde you" good luck !
Some actually have additional armour... more cam be done though:

some examples

467330092.jpg
,.jpg
53bec4a3e075c.jpg

This add on armour example should be followed though:

j.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I hope to see this in Pakistan Arsenal soon this AJAX IFV from UK man this is solid and seriously equipped to not only transport troops but also give the fire support which they need

Some actually have additional armour... more cam be done though:

some examples

View attachment 343296 View attachment 343297 View attachment 343298

This add on armour example should be followed though:

View attachment 343299

Yes my Friend I know this picture also very well, but talk about a turret with a board gun ? Dont understand why the M-113 with the 20mm board gun add armour model from the 90s which you very often mentioned here, was not accepted by the Army ?

i wish PA should improve APC and IFV make use of LCD screen inside to get better view of outside envirnoment with 360 degree views and use computer tech in it for collision, Electromagnetic wave protection for self protection jamming signals.. IED or mine protections controls and so on.. airless tyres and covered tracks should also be considered..

they should mix up tech from different APC and IFVs from around the world and incorporate it into our vehicles.. its not that hard to improve it by using parts from different available vehicles and companies...

What we need is that to develop on saad in mech bat we need dedicated fighter ifv made on saad with help from eg turkey followed by armoured apc and atleast 3 6 dedicated atgm for which t55 can be used

What about Dragoon APC folks. I heard that HIT is producing it under licence.
4a4bbc6999a7418485cf9711102b57c0.jpg

yaar i doubt that M-113 will come in direct contact with BMP-2. M-113 will dismount infantry and move rear to a secure location.

About the 25mm or 30mm cannon on IFV. It can hardly damage an MBT. Its good for suppressing fire but over-kill against infantry. 12.7mm can do the job also. But 25mm can seriously damage an M-113 and other light vehicles.
The 12.7mm on M-113 is actually for air defence, lol.

The proper weapons for taking out a BMP-2 or T-90 are ATGM and HEAT/SABOT round. Obviously M-113 cannot mount a 125mm gun to fire HEAT/SABOT round.
It can be mounted with TOW-2 and still be armed with 12.7mm. But then it cannot carry more troops due to TOW-2 crew and storage area of missiles.

Its best to use a mixture of troop carrying M-113 and TOW mounted M-113 in MIB's.

Obviously M-113 cannot mount a 125mm gun to fire HEAT/SABOT round.

Maybe not that caliber, but coming close. The M113 has been mounted with a 90mm turret:
a_3_158.jpg

a_3_156.jpg

And a modification called M113 STUG packed a 105mm cannon (howitzer, not tank gun) into the frame:
BAqKPl2.jpg

The chassis is pretty versatile and has been fitted as both a ballistic missile and air defense missile launch platform as well, so it's not as if you couldn't rig a large caliber turret to the frame.
Pershing_1_launch_%28Feb_16%2C_1966%29.png

M727-Hawk-hatzerim-1.jpg

It's more of a question of the usefulness of such an arrangement, which being a light skinned vehicle, is suspect except as a fire support option like Stryker:
Flickr_-_The_U.S._Army_-_Range_fire.jpg

If it needs to engage armored vehicles, it's best used as a fire support option with a 120mm mortar or TOW, as seen in the Hammerhead configuration:
1024px-M901-TOW-latrun-4.jpg

It's best to just keep these vehicles out of fire anyway. Unlike say, Warrior or Bradley, they aren't particularly armored beyond light aluminum, which isn't very resistant to larger caliber rounds, let alone modern explosive devices.

yaar i doubt that M-113 will come in direct contact with BMP-2. M-113 will dismount infantry and move rear to a secure location.

About the 25mm or 30mm cannon on IFV. It can hardly damage an MBT. Its good for suppressing fire but over-kill against infantry. 12.7mm can do the job also. But 25mm can seriously damage an M-113 and other light vehicles.
The 12.7mm on M-113 is actually for air defence, lol.

The proper weapons for taking out a BMP-2 or T-90 are ATGM and HEAT/SABOT round. Obviously M-113 cannot mount a 125mm gun to fire HEAT/SABOT round.
It can be mounted with TOW-2 and still be armed with 12.7mm. But then it cannot carry more troops due to TOW-2 crew and storage area of missiles.

Its best to use a mixture of troop carrying M-113 and TOW mounted M-113 in MIB's.

Coming back to your previous Idea to rebuild and upgrade old Type-59 Tanks to ATGM launchers, thats a Cost-cutting measure ! check that here:
btr_btr-t 003.jpg
:

BTR-T1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom