What's new

Pakistan Army - All is not well

By the way, it reflects rather poorly on the author when he uses a title that makes fun of a particular accent.

Is this a strategic analysis or a screenplay for a Mumbai tamasha?

AS (one s less than an AS-S, quite appropriately) must have some BR lineage.

It's a play on a line from the hindi movie "3 idiots" (aal is well).

'Aal', coming from an indian writer, LOL.

Butt whuts about aal tha articles thet Pahkishtan haas gut upper hend in Afghanishtan noow. Thunk yu cum agen.

It's a play on a line from the hindi movie "3 idiots" (aal is well).

Thats says it all doesn't it, an analysis of military capabilities and the current events is summarised in its subject by a quote from some stupid film. I have never heard of 3 Idiots anyway, is it a documentary on India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Butt whuts about aal tha articles thet Pahkishtan haas gut upper hend in Afghanishtan noow. Thunk yu cum agen.

I guess you must have missed the class when they taught English grammer...particularly 'Pun'.

And if you havent heard about the movie '3 idiots' doesnt make the film bad.....it rather raises questions about your information about movies.
3 Idiots (2009)

Now coming to the article, this perception is aired by most of the people around the globe. Pakistan is obviously going to be the major player in Afghanistan....how Pakistan chooses to play this role is the big question?

I guess you must have missed the class when they taught English grammer...particularly 'Pun'.

And if you havent heard about the movie '3 idiots' doesnt make the film bad.....it rather raises questions about your information about movies.
3 Idiots (2009)

Now coming to the article, this perception is aired by most of the people around the globe. Pakistan is obviously going to be the major player in Afghanistan....how Pakistan chooses to play this role is the big question?

Could you remind me as to when a highly respected writer from a recognised outlet named his topic after a quote from a comedic film. War and the susequent problem is a serious matter where numerous lives have been lost. Trivialising such matters shows of the level of inate ignorance shown by the writer.

Also I would links to other articles which paint the same picture this writer is stroking. As far as I am concerned the success of Pakistan's ploy to get all the powers involved in its plan to end the WOT speaks volumes.

Orgasms of the aforementioned hawkish Indian analysts aside consider this other scenario.

Pakistan regains strength in Afghanistan. Over the course of the next decade, Pakistan gets in another pro-Pakistani government, builds in roads into Central Asia for itself and China and blocks India out. Pakistan with a revived economy would challenge India further.

India meanwhile is stuck on the east and bound to sea routes.

The only thing India has gained is an ally in Afghanistan and sending in terrorists to Pakistan. Take that out of the picture and India is back to square one and buddy, this is not 2001 any more.

That was great brother.

:rofl::rofl:

Its still quite racist...

I fail to understand how you term it racist.

'All is well' is pronounced as "aal is well" by a watchmen with a Gurkha accent in the film.

May be you should specify the context in which it is racist.

Orgasms of the aforementioned hawkish Indian analysts aside consider this other scenario.

Pakistan regains strength in Afghanistan. Over the course of the next decade, Pakistan gets in another pro-Pakistani government, builds in roads into Central Asia for itself and China and blocks India out. Pakistan with a revived economy would challenge India further.

The only thing India has gained is an ally in Afghanistan and sending in terrorists to Pakistan. Take that out of the picture and India is back to square one and buddy, this is not 2001 any more.

You said Pakistan regains strength in Afghanistan....that means Pakistan had a great sway over what happens in Afghanistan post cold war. So my question is... Pakistan didnt build any roads or infrastructure in Afghanistan when it had a decent economic growth, then why do you think it will be possible for pakistan to do so now when its economy is weak and its is living on financial handouts?

Then i guess you could have your own orgasms.:P

It is difficult to argue this one way or the other. There are way too many variables at play here to be able to predict accurately. I'm sure Pakistan will be hoping that this is how it would pan out & I'm sure India will be wishing differently. We will just have to wait & see.

BTW while we are in the realm of fantasy, ponder this. What if a major attack happens on the U.S. which is traced back to Pakistan? Would probably throw all plans out of gear, wouldn't it? As they say about the well laid plans of men & mice.....

Getting a little far ahead of ourselves, aren't we?

Installing a pro-Pakistani govt. is one thing and using that to make inroads into Central Asia is quite another. Its more like flight of fancy. Pakistan is no China and even in the next ten years it wont have the economic nor the political muscle to make any sorts of "inroads" into Central Asia. Pakistan will most prob use the Taliban to grab power in Afghanistan and the Central Asian countries have remained pretty much anti-taliban untill now. So I dont know how that helps. By the way, India is already present with small but significant inroads into CAR. Google Farkhor. :azn:

The reason analysts have been arguing that 'events are going Pakistan's way' is because the regional situation relative to a couple of years ago is markedly improved in Pakistan's favor.

The author's entire premise, 'The argument, which a beleaguered Pakistan Army is doing all it can to buttress, goes broadly as follows: with Obama looking to thin out forces substantially from Afghanistan before facing American voters in late 2012, the job of policing the AfPak badlands will fall into Islamabad’s lap. With a free hand to run the place, Pakistan’s Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) will carry the Taliban to power in Kabul and then douse the flames in its tribal areas by reorganising it into a terror factory from where it can direct jehad towards India and the West', is flawed and a contradiction of everything Pakistani military and civilian officials have said, on and off the record, about the role they see for the Afghan Taliban and the potential US withdrawal.

No less than Gen. Kiyani has been quoted as saying that Pakistan does not want a Talibanized Afghanistan, and almost everyone is in agreement that a hasty US withdrawal (completely) will not be in Pakistan's interests.

It is only Indian commentators that continue to stick to outdated analysis in order to concoct some manner of stick to beat Pakistan with.

STICK TO THE TOPIC OR GET BANNED.

The Author kept his perspective of things which are going to happen in Afganistan . It is true that all the taliban groups are not in favour of ISI or PA. There are lot of evidences in the past 2 years, What the author is trying to say is the mess created by US WOT is now haunting PA and ISI, which is causing lot of security problems for pakistan.
This mess in the paktoon khwa is there for years to come, pakistan has to prepare to fight the insurgents from Paktoon Khwa just like inidan army in J and K. In this regards Indian army is superior experience than PA as we are fighting for longer time.
The bottom line is Pakistan is dependent on military aid of US to clean the mess or to wage a war. It seems that even after the departure of US and west things are not going to be normal.:cheers:

Could you remind me as to when a highly respected writer from a recognised outlet named his topic after a quote from a comedic film. War and the susequent problem is a serious matter where numerous lives have been lost. Trivialising such matters shows of the level of inate ignorance shown by the writer.

Also I would links to other articles which paint the same picture this writer is stroking. As far as I am concerned the success of Pakistan's ploy to get all the powers involved in its plan to end the WOT speaks volumes.

Kindly enlighten us about the powers which Pakistan got involved in ending WOT? And are you sure WOT is over?

US internal pressure and the billions of expenditure didnt have any role in US pull back plan?

If you think its Pakistan's foreign policy clout that got things done....then Bravo to Pakistan.

And regarding your trivializing about the headlines of the article rather than the content...speaks volumes in itself. As per the ongoing trend in mass media, one needs to use catch phrases to get attention.

Back
Top Bottom