What's new

Pakistan and the TTP (Taliban) in peace talks?

beware of them...thye arre just declaring ceasefire to re arm and re organise themselves....this is the time to attack...a;; over the world terrorists are like that...

dont get excited too fast; we saw what "peace-deal" meant in Swat

these people are not to be trusted......they are garbage people. Until they surrender their weapons, there is no such thing as "peace" ---it's artificial peace only, not sustainable one.

remember something; brutal winter is approaching and that is when fighting season ends anyways......if there is any detection that they are re-arming for spring offensive ---it's important to blast them out of their hiding holes

To make Americans planned wild camping in Afghanistan look illegit. You know what I am saying?

beware of them...thye arre just declaring ceasefire to re arm and re organise themselves....this is the time to attack...a;; over the world terrorists are like that...

I was thinking the same since TTP isnt they same as it was few months ago. Army / Police has got now some controll and very often there plot gets exposed.... give them 2 weeks to make a deal. nr one demand should be weapon free areas. Miltary / police will put there office to check and they can live there tribe lifes as they want. Without fighting and terror links stuff.

Misinformation from the TTP. They claim that "the cease-fire has been in effect for the past month and was valid throughout the country," but they killed Pakistani military people in Khyber Agency, as well as innocental tribals about 10 days ago. They killed some intelligence personnel in Jhelum. So they are lying through their teeth. The Pakistani Army has also been killing these terrorists in Mohmand, Khyber Agency, Orakzai Agency, Kurram Agency & other parts of the country. This report is full of lies & misinformation, because 47 of these terrorists were killed (& 38 injured) in Orakzai & Kurram just yesterday:

Two officers, 47 militants die in Orakzai, Kurram clashes | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

I can see the West pouncing onto news reports like these to malign Pakistan, like they did in 2009; even though they are doing the same through their back channels with the Taliban & the Haqqanis.

Taliban deny ceasefire, attack police station in DI Khan
By AFP / Iftikhar Firdous
Published: November 23, 2011
PESHAWAR: A Tahreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman on Wednesday denied reports of a ceasefire when the militant group attacked Pakistani policemen and killed one officer.
“We accept the responsibility of the attack on a police station in Dera Ismail Khan (district),” the TTP’s main spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, told AFP.
“We are not talking to the government and will not be part of any dialogue with the government. This is a clear message for those who are thinking that we are involved in negotiations.”
On Tuesday, a senior commander of the militant group, on the condition of anonymity, had said that the ceasefire had been in place for the past month, reported AP.
Today, (Wednesday) an Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) was killed and five other police officials injured when militants carrying rocket propelled grenades and other heavy arms attacked a police station in the Draband in Dera Ismail Khan.
Sources said that the attack took place at around 4:40am on Wednesday when a huge explosion was heard near the police station building.
“There were about 8-10 armed men that attacked the police station with rockets, one of our officials was killed while five others were injured,” District Police Officer (DPO) Sohail Khalid told The Express Tribune.
Khalid ruled out the possibility of any prior information of the attack.
“It was an attack by militants, most probably from the tribal belt,” he said.
The ASI who was killed was identified as Akram.
SHO Zulfiqar and four other police personnel were shifted to a hospital in DI Khan City where they were treated.
The police station received considerable damage with bullet holes in the walls. Sources said the militants took away the arms present in the building at the time.
No group or organisation has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
However, security officials believe that these were militants from the tribal belt of South Waziristan. The attack comes a day after a news agency had reported of a “cease fire” between the Taliban and Pakistan Government in South Waziristan. However, this was denied by the military and Interior Minister Rehman also denied any “formal talks”.
The Tehreek-i-Taliban (TTP) which is an umbrella term for many militant factions has also denied any talks with the government on the other side.

see, there we go...... ;)

who is to blame for spreading this misinformation. . .these types of contradictory things only aim to cause more confusions

TTP & Other militant groups must be crushed in a way that no one in future should have courage to form such a group, That's the only thing i want. I don't want their version of Islam. And also their should be a criteria for mullah's in mosques, they must be qualified and must know Islam.

Whats stopping the Pakistan Army in eradicating these bastards after the great accomplishment in Swat ? Seriously , kill them all let God sort them later ...

i read a news that ISPR denied any such peace talks ...
its a time to kick their @ss and show them no mercy .. they are killers of thousands innocent Pakistanis they dont deserve any such peace talks

their future will be in to word... die or do surrender ( wait for your crime justice )

I was thinking the same since TTP isnt they same as it was few months ago. Army / Police has got now some controll and very often there plot gets exposed.... give them 2 weeks to make a deal. nr one demand should be weapon free areas. Miltary / police will put there office to check and they can live there tribe lifes as they want. Without fighting and terror links stuff.
in other words reverse all the goals

Misinformation from the TTP. They claim that "the cease-fire has been in effect for the past month and was valid throughout the country," but they killed Pakistani military people in Khyber Agency, as well as innocental tribals about 10 days ago. They killed some intelligence personnel in Jhelum. So they are lying through their teeth. The Pakistani Army has also been killing these terrorists in Mohmand, Khyber Agency, Orakzai Agency, Kurram Agency & other parts of the country. This report is full of lies & misinformation, because 47 of these terrorists were killed (& 38 injured) in Orakzai & Kurram just yesterday:

Two officers, 47 militants die in Orakzai, Kurram clashes | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

I can see the West pouncing onto news reports like these to malign Pakistan, like they did in 2009; even though they are doing the same through their back channels with the Taliban & the Haqqanis.

well, the report says some factions are holding the cease fire, not all. We need to bear in mind that Gul Bahadur is now sharpening his teeth, so there are alot of posibilites.

Back
Top Bottom